Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

July 6th, 2011

Kid Rock on politics, "American Idol," iTunes... and Justin Bieber

Tonight we'll re-air the hour Piers Morgan interviewed Kid Rock, in which they talked about why iTunes is "un-American," why war is "necessary" and much more.

But they also talked about Justin Bieber – and what he means to the music industry. "There's always a Justin Bieber, ever since I've been around," said Kid Rock. He also had this to say about their random encounter:

He said, 'Hey Kid Rock, what's up?' I was like, 'hey Justin Bieber what's up buddy?' He said, 'Man, I got your old tour bus,' I was like, 'Really? I hope you had it sanitized.'

Watch the full interview, 9pmET/PT!

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. celeste

is there a phone number to call in to the show? or for the producer?

July 6, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Aaron Crowder

This is not a reply to Celeste, but something for Piers Morgan...Piers, i watched you program this afternoon and as always enjoyed it. I just have one problem with some of your guests on your show..... Most of the talk shows covering the Casey Anthony trial are either fomer prosecutors or judges. They are either upset with the defence team or the jury. They have nothing bad to say about the prosecutors...........As for Nancy Grace, she's not there for this beautiful child shes there to make money for herself. Every trial she covers, she always have the person convicted before the trial even begains. If she and the rest of her guests believe in the jury system, don't jump on the jury because they didn't rule the way you wanted. If the prosecutor could not prove how this child died or if she was murder, the jury did what it was supposed to do........You also missed out on the chance to call out one of the judges that was on your show. I don't know why anyone would ever want to go in front of him. This is a judge who front himself out on a t.v show for money. You missed your chance when you said you did not like camers in the court. He then trys to justified it by saying that the public should have a chance to see it as it makes sure that everything goes right. What you should have ask him then, was if he believes that, why is he not jumping on the band wagon to have t.v in the highest court in the land; The United States Supreme Court. He also ran on about why the jury decieded the way they did and they did not follow the judge instructions. How do he know what they did; he wasn't in the jury room with them......The only bad thing about it is a Beautiful young child is dead and no one is held accountable. That is the bottom Line...............Thank you........

July 6, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. PublicInquiry

Piers
    Please forget Kid Rock and iTunes and all that stuff. Do you really think a public inquiry into the UK red-tops is going to leave you alone? Time to start looking for a job in a non-extradition country mate.

July 6, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Willy Brown

You are so boring but that's CNN for always picking the losers to sit in front of a camera. I hear cartoon network is beating you in the ratings.

July 6, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Pamela Patterson

You have a choice, tune into Cartoon Network Dude...maybe that will keep you entertained.

July 6, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Pamela Patterson

Kid is the real deal, honest, tells it like it is, sometimes will not...just to protect someones feelings.
    Be proud, be loud...why be someone you are not...never works.

July 6, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. The Doctor

Where is the episode of HOWARD STERN? it was advertised few days ago for broadcasting yesterday I THINK!

July 6, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Jennifer

Kid Rock? Ugh. Another irrelevant personality in a seemingly never-ending string of boring guests. I would have turned it off had I not been fascinated by how profoundly stale and awkward it was.

July 6, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Pamela Patterson

Jennifer...do you know how contradictory your post portrayed...please. 'why stay just to hear how profoundly stale and awkward it was. If something like this interview made me feel the way you did, I would have changed the channel to someone that you thought was not boring....ridiculous..

July 6, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Jennifer

Touche, Pamela. Next time I'll do just that.

July 6, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Priscilla Ibrahim

I think Piers Morgan is an amazingly talented and Intelligent interviewer so I wonder why he is wasting his talent and his viewers time by interviewing irrelevant people like Kid Rock and Jesse James. I hope he starts to interview more accomplished people who are contributing to society like Christiane Amanpour, that interview was great or the people who are making decisions that affect us like congressmen and women and other world leaders, the interview with Benjamin Netanyahu was brilliant. A good interview show should be thought provoking and the viewers should gain a deeper understanding of the important issues and more importantly a deeper understanding of the people who are responsible for dealing with these issues, otherwise it's simply a waste of time.

July 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Doug

Very nice interview. Enjoyed it completely. One of the better ones. I really like the interview setting as opposed to just sitting behind a desk/table and I also like the relaxed "beer" toast. It seemed to be a very comfortable atmosphere. BTW, I like interviews of all types of people and KID ROCK is just as important, if not more, to Detroit and other areas of Michigan as well as America than Benjamin Netanyahu is to America. Well done Piers, Kid Rock and CNN.

July 6, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Norma Jean Olivier

PIERS...one of the best interviews I have seen you do next to CHRISTIANNE AMANPOUR....knew not much about KID ROCK bbefore this interview...he is quite the " man " need more men like this that know how to live with conviction...very thoroughly enjoyed it...

July 7, 2011 at 1:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. CR3062

I just watched Piers Morgan show with Kid Rock and must say I was pleasantly surprised by Kid Rock....He is a very interesting person...He has some great ideals, thoughts, beliefs and a good heart! I really had no insight into him before..anyway thot their talk was uplifting and refreshing and hopeful!

July 7, 2011 at 4:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Terry

I agree, I like his music, but I had no idea about him as a person. II learned alot about him that I did not know. Very good.

July 7, 2011 at 7:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. kristin kash

kid rock for president. he gets it. i am not a democrat, always a republican, but now i am a "Rockublican" that is what i am talking about. new word for websters. a reblican that truly gets it!

July 7, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. jeddoproductions.com

I was impressed with Kid Rock's interview. He knows what he's talking about even though he's not your College graduate. Whether he's more on the right or left, he's done great humanitarian aid in his Detroit community and elsewhere in his country. Artists like that deserve support, in my opinion.

Hope to see Kid Rock back in Montreal, QC soon enough!

– Jeremy

July 7, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. NORMA JEAN OLIVIER

I am so very pleased that your interview with KID ROCK is going to be repeated....will watch again....this guy does provoke much thought...

July 7, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Tracy

Not sure what I love more. Seeing Kid in concerts or interviews. This was one of the best interviews I have seen! Why I spend my hard earn money everytime Kid comes to N.C.!! He was as straight up as he has been every interview I have seen!

July 7, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Kimberly Davis

I didn't get to see all of the Kid Rock interview, but what I saw was fantastic! Although a fellow (fmr) Michigander, I never really cared that much for him–just liked a few songs here and there. I WAS disappointed he didn't use me as his Realtor when he bought a place in Nashville! ;-D I really want to see the interview in its entirety. Any way to do that? I was thoroughly impressed!!

July 8, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Bonnie Jeffers

I really enjoy Piers, I've watched almost all his shows, and he interviews all kinds of people, most that Barbara Walters would not, so I like that sometimes it's other well known people, not just the Presidents or Country Leaders. I enjoyed the interview with Kid Rock and wish I had taped it, I like his voice and music, but all the bad publicity, I was not a great fan. after seeing the show I have a different view of him and a greater respect, I have a lot in common with his outlook and values. Thank You.

July 9, 2011 at 2:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Loonesta

Instead of interviewing these state-fair level "performers", how about one of these yesterbores interviewing our host, Piers Mogan, about his 1990's years as editor of News Of The World? Let us hear firsthand about unscrupulous journalists! And let us hear from CNN management on how comfy they are with hiring a former NOTW employee who used to stoop to Murdochian levels.

July 10, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Kathy O

I have the same question as Kimberly...want to see the interview...any way to do that? Not a fan until I attended one of his concerts. OMG...absolutely amazing event. This man...Kid Rock...has more love for this country and patriatism in his heart than any politician I know today. Thank you CNN for doing the interview and thank you Kid Rock for your support of our troops!

July 18, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. affiliate portal network

Great work! That is the type of info that are supposed to be shared across the net. Shame on the seek engines for not positioning this publish upper! Come on over and consult with my site . Thank you =)

September 27, 2012 at 2:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  20. social media marketing

Normally I don't read article on blogs, however I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to check out and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, very nice article.

March 21, 2013 at 8:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Tamesha Presswood

For the first few years of Cartoon Network's existence, programming meant for Cartoon Network would also be simulcast on TBS and/or TNT in order to increase the shows' (and Cartoon Network's) exposure; examples include The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest, Cartoon Planet, and 2 Stupid Dogs.'

Newly released short article coming from our own online site
    <http://www.foodsupplementcenter.com

April 27, 2013 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. 行動電源推薦

Great items from you, man. I've be conscious your stuff previous to and also you are just too great. I truly like what you have obtained right here, truly like what you're saying and the way in which wherein you say it. You are making it entertaining and also you still consider care of to keep it wise. I cant wait to read a lot much more from you. This is actually a fantastic internet website. 行動電源推薦 http://www.powerbankinfo.com

June 22, 2013 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. sdorttuiiplmnr

Woh I love your content, saved to my bookmarks! .

November 1, 2015 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply