Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

July 29th, 2011

Clips From Last Night: Vicente Fox on "thinking about the future"; Rep. McMorris Rodgers on Boehner plan

Last night "Piers Morgan Tonight" covered the debt debate from all angles. Piers Morgan talked to former Mexico President Vicente Fox, who gave his global perspective. "The world doesn't deserve this to be repeated," said Fox. "It's incredible because people are not thinking about the future, people are thinking about today."

Morgan also talked to Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers who gave the GOP perspective:

Said Rep. McMorris Rodgers: "It's a step in the right direction...we don't want to see America default."

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Chris Higdon

I wonder ,if anyone in washington today is smarter than a fifth grader.

July 29, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Name*Thommy Boesch

I really enjoy your show and your approach to stories, however I feel like your being bias in this budget debate. Charles Shummer said that there were 80 Republicans that did not represent Americans. How can he say that, they were ELECTED by Americans! You allowed him to repeat that foolish statement.

Aldo, the Democrats clearly decided ghat no matter what bill came from the House, it would be voted down in the Senate. I think a that is irresponsible and an equal contributor to the useless debates.

I think both parties are equally at fault and think you should hold both parties to the fire equally. Even the White House representative never mentioned the Democrats need to compromise, it was all Republican fault. Make sure it is a fair playing field and keep up the good work, love the show!

Thommy

July 29, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lau

I just need to say this... When has there ever been a time in the US History when our "leaders" look at all of us as a deal and nothin' but a deal??? How can there be any respect of this nation if the entire world sees the utmost de-humanizing aspect of our government. I KNOW that there are some good politicos around but where are they publically? And why have I not testified yet regarding before and after 911 to the public? There Was testimony and Bush Sr knows and is helpful now. I mean, I am threatened every damn day –even by "hotel" people– and many disguised tricksters thinking about violence, 2012 agenda and hell.

August 1, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Felicita

Why is piers morgan asking past pres of Mexico how to fix our country. he should of fixed his own country first.

July 29, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Greg

You are a sick piece of British crap, and your visa for the US should be revoked. You should be condemned back to the media newspaper sewer in Britain where you congealed – you disgust me. Screw you, and screw your history in hacking into MURDER victims cell phones, SCREW the media culture you came from: did you kill anyone to get a story??? Somehow your interview with Oprah seems to seem a little bit less relevant now. You are a piece of British filth – go screw yourself. You have Murdoch all over you – worthless piece of English crap. Go kill someone else to get a story and put on CNN, then you can hack their phone, and get a scoop for CNN.
    I am concerned that American Citizens might be hacked just so that you can get a story... go back to England you worthless hack.

July 29, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Herb Hillabrand

Go back to Britian Morgan! And keep your biased, British, political convictions to yourself. We don't need more pundits. We need well balanced journalists, who look at both sides of issues. Stay in the middle... or go home.

July 29, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. John

Piers watched you question the DNC leader, why didn't you just offer her some crompets and tea during your interview,you might have had a lovely chat, that had to be one of the weakest interviews, I've ever seen. Your style of journalism belongs on MNBC.

July 30, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Lary

I guess I have to agree with most of the comments I see on here Piers. You are a liberal idiot. You obviously don't know anything about what is going on and your questions reflect that. If Mexico knew how to fix their own country all their citizens wouldn't be running over to the U.S. for jobs and a decent standard of living. As far as the debt limit crisis, I think you are lucky one of these legislators don't punch you in the nose. The House passed a reasonable bill to raise the debt limit. And there has to be a halt to this government spending. Now. And you, not being a citizen of the U.S., you probably don't worry too much about our debt but most U.S. citizens probably are concerned about the spending. And our current president has spent us into a very big hole. Just take a look at a chart that reflects the U.S. spending over the last few years. Obama is spending our money, not his, at an unprecedented pace. My budget suggestion; cut all federal spending 14% this year. That means cut all federal agencies 14% this coming fiscal year. Next year cut 12% and the 3rd hear out cut 10%. Start a flat tax of 14%. That's right. Everybody pays 14%. And don't spend more than you take in. End of story.

July 30, 2011 at 12:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. MIKE

If our elected officials are really interested in balancing the budget then I propose they vote every Federal Employee a 10 – 15% salary rollback. I've been in business for over 30 years and I"m not getting paid what I use to. Thought to ponder anyway don't you think?

August 1, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Easter Treats

Wow, wonderful blog format! How lengthy have you been blogging for? you make running a blog glance easy. The total glance of your website is fantastic, let alone the content material!

August 29, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. removal jobs

Thanks for any other great article. The place else may just anybody get that type of info in such an ideal way of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I am on the search for such information.

August 31, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply