READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For July 29, 2011 – GOP considers bill changes, Tropical Storm Don to bring much needed rain to Texas, Casey Anthony to appear in Hustler?
• Obama speaks on debt impasse as GOP considers bill changes: "Frustrated by continued delays in the House, President Barack Obama urged Senate members Friday to reach a deal to increase the country's debt ceiling. "We are almost out of time," he said. Republican leaders in the House pulled their plan back from consideration on Thursday when it became clear they did not have the votes to pass it. GOP leaders will try to bring Speaker John Boehner's bill to a vote again by the end of the day." Send your message to Congress
• Louise Mensch apologizes to Piers Morgan for hacking slur: "Conservative MP Louise Mensch has apologized to former Daily Mirror editor Piers Morgan for accusing him of "boasting" about hacking phones. She told the Commons select committee last week that Mr. Morgan had been "very open about his personal use of phone hacking" in his memoir 'The Insider.' But she now says she made a mistake and had misread a newspaper report about the book." Piers accepted Mensch's apology.
• Apple now has more cash than U.S. government: "Maybe the cash-strapped U.S. government should start selling iPads. According to the latest statement from the U.S. Treasury, the government had an operating cash balance Wednesday of $73.8 billion. That's still a lot of money, but it's less than what Steve Jobs has lying around. Tech juggernaut Apple had a whopping $76.2 billion in cash and marketable securities at the end of June, according to its last earnings report."
• Tropical Storm Don expected to bring much needed rain to Texas: "Tropical Storm Don set its sights on south Texas on Friday as it churned across the Gulf of Mexico, the National Hurricane Center said. The storm, which would bring much-needed rainfall to the parched state, is forecast to make landfall along the Texas coast late Friday night or early Saturday."
• Hustler offers Casey Anthony $500K: "If Larry Flynt has his way, Casey Anthony could reintroduce herself - nude - to America on the pages of Hustler magazine, and make well over $500,000 in the process. The pornography magnate told HLN's "Nancy Grace" show on Thursday night that talks are ongoing that could land Anthony on the pages of his magazine, weeks after a Florida jury acquitted her of murder in her 2-year-old daughter Caylee's death. Anthony's camp dismissed the report as 'nonsense.'"
*Photo Courtesy AFP/Getty Images