READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For August 15, 2011 – Obama starts a bus tour, Google buys Motorola, Gert heads to Bermuda...
• President Barack Obama starts a bus tour today – in Iowa: "Obama is scheduled to take a 360-mile trip through Minnesota, Iowa and Illinois, meeting groups of small-business owners and other people at rural events. On Monday, he'll have town hall events in Cannon Falls, Minnesota, and Decorah, Iowa."
• Speaking of Iowa...what does the GOP field look like now? "Republican contenders faced an altered political landscape Sunday in the race for the presidential nomination as Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann surfed a wave of attention coming off the Ames Straw Poll and former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty dropped out."
• Google is buying Motorola for 12.5 billion: "Google said that access to Motorola, which makes phones that run on Google's Android mobile operating system, will "enable Google to supercharge the Android ecosystem and will enhance competition in mobile computing."
• Dozens were killed in deadly attacks in Iraq over the weekend: "More than a dozen bombing and shooting attacks struck Iraq Monday, killing at least 69 people and wounding more than 180, authorities told CNN. It was the worst wave of violence to strike the country in months, coming just weeks after Iraq's political leaders agreed to request U.S. troops stay beyond a January 1, 2012, deadline to withdraw."
• Tropical Storm Gert is heading toward Bermuda: "The storm system picked up wind force Monday morning, upping maximum sustained winds to nearly 60 mph, according to a 5 a.m. ET weather advisory. In a previous advisory issued six hours prior, the National Weather Service had reported Gert's maximum sustained winds at 45 mph."
• Keegan Bradley is the PGA Championship winner: "Tour rookie Keegan Bradley, playing in his first major championship, proved all of those statements wrong here Sunday when he won the PGA Championship. He proved it with his shotmaking and his clutch putting in a tense playoff victory over Jason Dufner, and he won a following of new fans with his charismatic displays of emotion and gutty shots."
Who cares how Piers Morgan puts his show together? This ongoing push to promote Piers Morgan from tabloid hack to mainstream interviewer is transparent. And just isn't working.
Here is the meme I'd like help spreading.
I am a Republican and an ardent Paul supporter. We represent a large plurality of the party. Our views are being discounted and our candidate marginalized. I know GOP Leadership can affect this problem and get Ron Paul the TV time his second place at Ames and wins elsewhere have earned him. Therefore, if this problem is not corrected by GOP Leadership and Ron Paul does not receive the nomination, I will vote a straight Democrat ticket right down to dog catcher. I can and will make you lose every seat in the House, the Senate, the State Senates, Governorships, and every single other elected position right down to dog catcher. If you correct the problem and Ron Paul is STILL not nominated, you can count on my support as usual.
Andy: You make a valid point, but not quite valid enough. You have made ten times more money than your obethrr, yet you have only paid twice as much into Social Security. The odd part is, since your obethrr is an alcoholic, odds are pretty good that he won't outlive the money he has paid in to SS anyway. I don't mean to disrespect your obethrr or anything after all, he is your obethrr which gives you the right to disrespect him all you want. I'm just an innocent bystander, but I figured I'd point out that justice tends to prevail in interesting ways sometimes.
When will Josh Groban be on this show? Thanks!
Great Blog, I just observed this post toughh searching through Weblogs I believe that you and I could are already friends in a very previous everyday living – the posts that I have so far studied so far are definitely charm to me and also to my sense of taste! Anyways, idle talk aside, it appears that your Feed will not seem to operate in my browser (that is Google chrome) are you currently able to inform me how I can repair it?