Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

September 16th, 2011

Common on White House controversy: "I kind of laughed at it. I wasn't hurt"

One of the guests on "Piers Morgan Tonight" this evening is the rapper and poet (and actor) Common, who was part of a recent controversy that erupted concerning his participation in a White House poetry reading. "Anybody that knows Common, they know the positive energy that comes out in my lyrics," he told Piers Morgan. "I kind of laughed at it. I wasn't hurt."

He also talked about his support of Pres. Barack Obama. "I believe the President has been not only a symbol of hope, but an activist for hope," he said. Watch the full interview tonight, 9pmET/PT. Also on tonight's show – Christina Hendricks of "Mad Men" and Mario Lopez of "H8R."

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. donna

can i have one song.. i will see..and thank yous

September 16, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. LMH90

Why did Piers just say on his show tonight that Mr. Obama is the first :Non-white President"? Why do people keep forgetting that the President is Half White and was raised by his White mother and grandparents????

September 16, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Elisa

I'm confused, this actor claims he comes from the street yet you showed a picture of him with his mother flying to Jamacia. I wish I could take my 8 yr old beyond our state boundaries. Did your guest REALLY come from the "dirty" streets?

September 17, 2011 at 1:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mugatu

Obviously you are very confused, he is not an actor, if you are going to post maybe spend 3 minutes and actually learn something.

September 17, 2011 at 7:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Jen

Why does Piers ask almost every guest whether Obama has disappointed them? It's a leading question, and I'm tired of it. Our country can't agree on anything, so he will never please all of us.

September 18, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. frolep rotrem

I got good info from your blog

February 6, 2021 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. vasúti szállítmányozás Europa-Road Kft.

I like this weblog very much, Its a very nice position to read and get info . "God cannot alter the past, but historians can." by Samuel Butler.

February 9, 2021 at 3:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. vreyrolinomit

Woh I love your content, saved to favorites! .

February 26, 2021 at 4:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. zortilonrel

There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That could be a great level to carry up. I provide the thoughts above as normal inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up the place the most important factor will likely be working in sincere good faith. I don?t know if greatest practices have emerged round things like that, however I'm certain that your job is clearly recognized as a good game. Both girls and boys feel the affect of just a moment’s pleasure, for the remainder of their lives.

March 21, 2021 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Tressa Lemler

This is a very good tips especially to those new to blogosphere, brief and accurate information… Thanks for sharing this one. A must read article.

March 24, 2021 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. stornobrzinol

Hello my friend! I wish to say that this post is amazing, nice written and include approximately all significant infos. I would like to see more posts like this.

May 13, 2021 at 6:53 am | Report abuse | Reply