Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

Need to Know News: Battle for Libya rages in Gadhafi strongholds; Texas death-row inmate gets last-minute reprieve
September 16th, 2011

Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.

For September 16, 2011 – Texas death-row inmate gets last-minute reprieve, police question $2B UBS alleged rogue trader, Christina Hendricks reveals Emmys date...

Battle for Libya rages in Gadhafi strongholds: "A large column of Libyan revolutionaries battled their way into Moammar Gadhafi's hometown of Sirte Friday as a delegation headed to neighboring Niger to demand it turn over one of the ousted leader's sons."

• Texas death-row inmate gets last-minute reprieve: "The U.S. Supreme Court has delayed the scheduled execution on an inmate on death row in Texas amid questions about a psychologist who testified that blacks and Hispanics were more likely to commit future crimes."

Police question $2B UBS alleged rogue trader: "Police in London were on Friday questioning a suspected rogue trader arrested after Swiss banking giant UBS discovered an estimated $2 billion worth of unauthorized deals. The man - named by British media as UBS trader Kweku Adoboli - was held on suspicion of fraud in an early-morning operation in London's banking district hours before the loss was announced on Thursday, officers said."

• 663,000 names on petition protesting Troy Davis' execution: "Supporters of convicted cop killer Troy Davis say time is running out. Unless something dramatic happens, Davis will die by lethal injection next week for the 1989 murder of Savannah, Georgia, police officer Mark MacPhail. Davis, 42, is set to be executed at 7 p.m. Wednesday, and since his 1991 conviction, seven of the nine witnesses against him have recanted or contradicted their testimony. No physical evidence was presented linking Davis to the killing of the policeman."

• Christina Hendricks reveals Emmys date: "The Primetime Emmys are on Sunday, and "Mad Men" star Christina Hendricks knows exactly what lucky fellow she'll walk the red carpet with. The 36-year-old actress, who's nominated for a best supporting actress in a drama series Emmy, told NYMag's Vulture that she'll be attending the ceremony with a 19-year-old Make-A-Wish participant." Tune in to "Piers Morgan Tonight" at 9pm ET to learn more about her Emmys date and much more.

*Photo Courtesy Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Need To Know News
  1. donna

goodmorning and enjoing your day ..iam following you all tha time ...i like your seach.. and smile with my self ..you are smart ...this is veryyyy good for one man ..and you are strict to in your way..and this i liket ...so thank you and lucky for me ...s..

September 16, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Miguel Torres

The State of Georgia is about to kill an innocent man. That man is Troy Anthony Davis. My prayers extend to Troy and his family. My prayer extend to the Mc Phail family as well.

September 16, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. LibelFreeZone

You should present your evidence that Troy Davis is innocent. Immediately.

September 16, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Tony

He's innocent, they have no evidence on him.
    All witnesses recanted their statement.

September 17, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. frolep rotrem

I have been surfing online more than 3 hours today, but I never found any interesting article like yours. It's pretty price sufficient for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made just right content material as you probably did, the internet will probably be a lot more useful than ever before. "Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons." by Walt Whitman.

February 6, 2021 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. zortilonrel

Simply wanna input on few general things, The website design and style is perfect, the articles is rattling great. "To establish oneself in the world, one has to do all one can to appear established." by Francois de La Rochefoucauld.

February 7, 2021 at 7:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Fókuszpályázat pályázatíró cég

You really make it seem really easy with your presentation however I find this topic to be actually one thing that I think I would by no means understand. It kind of feels too complicated and very extensive for me. I'm having a look forward on your next publish, I¦ll attempt to get the dangle of it!

February 9, 2021 at 4:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. vreyrolinomit

You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!

February 26, 2021 at 8:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. zortilonrel

The following time I learn a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I imply, I know it was my option to learn, however I really thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you might fix for those who werent too busy in search of attention.

March 21, 2021 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Joie Slaight

naturally like your web-site however you have to take a look at the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very troublesome to tell the reality then again I¦ll surely come back again.

March 24, 2021 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. stornobrzinol

I have been examinating out some of your articles and i can claim clever stuff. I will definitely bookmark your blog.

May 14, 2021 at 12:34 am | Report abuse | Reply