Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

September 20th, 2011

Clips From Last Night: Norway Prime Minister on terror attacks; Gov. Granholm on economy

Piers Morgan interviewed Norway Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg last night, and the leader discussed the recent terror attack on his country. "To see one man do so much harm to so many people is more than anyone could have imagined," said Stoltenberg. "For me, this has been partly a strong personal, emotional situation to live to."

Also on the show was former Gov. Jennifer Granholm, who discussed the state of the American economy:

Granholm: "We've got to make a competitive playing field for them to choose to come to America...I'm talking about a partnership with business."

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Johnny

It was pretty depressing seeing Jens dodge that question about the delay in response to the attacks. Mentioning an independent group doing a report, holds nearly no relevance to the topic set by the question. Then again, I guess getting a real answer from a politician is unlikely in this era.

September 20, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Henrik Stamnes Dahl

As norwegian I would answer it thus: Its a big country and Utøya is in the middle of nothing. Yes, there were things that could have been done different, yet I believe most people realise we don't need SWAT-teams in every village to respond to the odd incident. It's not like something in the same scale is going to happen every now and then.

September 20, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Michael

It is common for terrorists to attack multiple targets at the same time. Authorities should have been prepared for a coordinated terrorist attack. Moreover, the island is a short helicopter flight from Oslo. An emergency response team (or even a group of police) should have been dispatched at once as soon as reports of a second attack occurred. It is a terrible tragedy that could have been reduced in scope.

September 21, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. HJ

I think Henrik Stamnes Dahl answers that question well. To put things into perspective, Utoya is an island in the middle of a lake, in the middle of nowhere. For as long as there have been people gathering there, nothing has ever happened. There are no SWAT teams stationed close to there, the local police jurisdiction there covers a population of barely 10,000 people, and just simply wasn't equipped to handle a terrorist attack of this scale. The closest SWAT team was in Oslo, where a bomb had just blown up parts of downtown. While the delay and preparedness is being investigated (and I'm sure Norway will be much more prepared if there ever is a next time), I do think the PM makes a wise choice to let the investigators do their job, and not draw conclusions just yet. As a Norwegian expat, I'm proud of the way the aftermath of July 22nd has been handled, both in showing restraint as far as revenge goes, but also as far as not even attempting to score political gains from this.

September 20, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Anne Schjelderup

As yet another Norwegian, I also like to say I'm proud of how things has been handled. The terrorist wanted to create fear and hate, I feel to a large degree we have resisted the temptation of that.

Throwing blame and accusations would have been to give the terrorist what he wanted. Instead a thorough investigation will show us how we can improve the security.

Most any person who was involved with this terror think they could have done something different, which may have saved somebody. Such feeling of guilt is for many harder than the nightmares. I wasn't there, and I don't believe I have the right to increase the burden on any-one.

September 21, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. agnes

hola pierce hablas con agnes sisi senor ese senor simon como todos los arrogantes holandeses hablan porque tienen boca pero solo son unos pobres oportunistas q por plata son capaz de vender a la familia a sus cuidados y el alma son unos malos agradesidos q gracias a una persona se ganan la plata y el poderde ese maldito pais si ellos son capaces de hacer a una persona q vendra despues pero como tu eres tan inteligente como ellos segturo q ni lo entiendes e piers bueno ojala la arogancia no se le suba tanto porque ellos aunque no lo admita mucha gente sabe quien es y gracias a quien es ojala puedas escribirme besitos agnes
    ps vez piers no tengo pelos en la lengua ni soy cinica ni hipocrita un mal holandes q se extiende por europa y el mundo

September 20, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. agnes

pd 2
    no les parece un poco cinico y asqueroso sus proyectos de libertad riendo a carcajadas cuando en holanda matan gente porque les parece divertido y por plata antes de hacer esos proyectos sean mas integros q no solo comienzo a tener verguenza patriotica conb los holandes sino con ustedes tambien que cara duras q son no se q me da mas asco los q hacen ese numerito holandes o los de afuera q se rien y no hacen nada es q ahora es divertido vivir de una persona y luego matarla esque ya no existe la integridad moraal

September 20, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. froleprotrem

I enjoy what you guys tend to be up too. This sort of clever work and exposure! Keep up the awesome works guys I've included you guys to blogroll.

February 6, 2021 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. zortilonrel

I have been browsing online greater than three hours today, but I never found any fascinating article like yours. It is pretty value enough for me. In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made just right content as you probably did, the web shall be a lot more helpful than ever before. "Oh, that way madness lies let me shun that." by William Shakespeare.

February 7, 2021 at 5:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Fókuszpályázat

Everything is very open and very clear explanation of issues. was truly information. Your website is very useful. Thanks for sharing.

February 9, 2021 at 5:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. network installation

Hello, Neat post. There's an issue together with your web site in internet explorer, could check this?K IE nonetheless is the marketplace leader and a good part of other folks will omit your fantastic writing due to this problem.

February 21, 2021 at 5:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. vreyrolinomit

Hey there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group? There's a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thanks

February 25, 2021 at 8:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. vreyro linomit

Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the message home a little bit, but instead of that, this is excellent blog. An excellent read. I'll definitely be back.

February 26, 2021 at 1:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. zortilo nrel

Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this. very interesting information.

March 21, 2021 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Sigrid Skarda

Great write-up, I am normal visitor of one¦s blog, maintain up the nice operate, and It's going to be a regular visitor for a lengthy time.

March 25, 2021 at 3:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. stornobrzinol

You made some good points there. I looked on the internet for the subject matter and found most persons will go along with with your website.

May 16, 2021 at 3:14 am | Report abuse | Reply