READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For September 27, 2011 -Senate reaches bipartisan agreement, opening statements to begin in Dr. Conrad Murray trial...
• Senate reaches bipartisan agreement on disaster funds: "The Senate on Monday night reached a bipartisan agreement intended to end a dispute over disaster relief spending that threatened to cause a partial shutdown of the government at the end of the week. In two votes, the Senate approved short-term spending measures to fund the government for the first seven weeks of the new fiscal year that begins Saturday."
• Opening statements to begin in trial of Michael Jackson's doctor: "Jurors will hear opening statements and the first witnesses Tuesday in the trial of Michael Jackson's doctor, who is charged with involuntary manslaughter in the pop icon's death." HLN will have full coverage throughout the day then tune in to "Piers Morgan Tonight" at 9pm ET for all the latest on the case and we'll hear from some of Michael Jackson's closest friends.
• European optimism boosts stocks: "U.S. stocks rallied at Tuesday's open as investors grew more optimistic about Europe's debt crisis being resolved. The Dow Jones industrial average rallied 212 points, or 1.9%, shortly after the opening bell. The S&P 500 added 20 points, or 1.7%. The tech-heavy Nasdaq gained 39 points, or 1.5%."
• Lawyer says no evidence links Knox and Sollecito to murder: "There was no physical trace of Amanda Knox or Rafaelle Sollecito in the room where British student Meredith Kercher was found murdered nearly four years ago, Sollecito's defense attorney said Tuesday as she began her closing arguments. "The room speaks only of Rudy" Guede, the other man convicted separately of killing Kercher, Giulia Buongiorno told a jury in Perugia, Italy, where Knox and Sollecito are fighting their conviction for the murder."
• 'Millionaire Matchmaker' apologizes for comments on gay men: "Patti Stanger, the star of Bravo's "The Millionaire Matchmaker," issued an apology for saying gay men have difficulty staying monogamous."
*Photo Courtesy Getty Images
hello Piers i saw you last night you are great and you know i lisening MR MOORE he is ok he looked situation a simple side i mean not one excpert so this is good because he speak free and truly ,OLSO you make very intristing question and some time i sayed with my self 'HE READ MY MIND"..GOOD JOB and you know that..for me sloly movet to safe what i have ..situation is not eazy,,anyway everything wil be ok . tonight i will see you i dont lose. that.
can you have PK professor in you show ..?he know very good about tax and economy.. thank yous
Wake up Piers!
When will you invite Noam Chomsky for an interview and why not ? Afraid of the truth?
I would like to say a few words about the conrad case, I am constantly hearing information about drugs that are not correct. It was siad that michael jackson could not sleep because he was hooked on demorol, this is wrong for one sleeps very well while taking demorol it is when one tries to stop that severe insomnia sets in. I have been an opiate addict for many years and until a person goes through opiate withdrawal for themselves they have not a clue to how much pain and suffering the addict goes through. I would also like to say how dangerous it is to mix any benzodiazapine with any opiate, when this is done a thing called a synergistic effect happens, it is like 2 plus 2 equals 6, I myself have overdosed from mixing clonazapam (a benzodiazapine) and demorol, and then there is the propofol , hey this is a perscription for overdose. I really doubt michael had any idea how dangerous this combination of drugs was, and as an addict I would bet michael was getting the benzos from a different doctor, it is common practice for an addict to doctor shop. If docor murray did not know michael was taking lorazapam then whos fault was the overdose ? Addicts lie to doctors all the time, look at Elvis he also was mixing drugs. I once tried to get into a methadone clinic but was turned away because I was taking clonazapam a benzodiazapine, most people do not realize how dangerous mixing these two drugs can be. Many of my friends are now dead from mixing benzos and opiates.