Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

October 12th, 2011

Gov. Jeb Bush on presidential run: "This was not the time for me personally"

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is the guest for the hour on "Piers Morgan Tonight" at 9pmET/PT. He has already announced he isn't running for President – but here's what he says about the reason why:

This was not the time for me personally. For reasons that don't relate to politics. It may have been the time for me politically to do it, but not personally.

It had nothing to do with my brother's legacy or anything like that," Bush told Piers Morgan. Watch the full interview – including details about Bush's new education project – tonight at 9pmET/PT.

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Florida educator

Piers has the ex-gov. of FL on right now talking about education. FL was ranked a poorly 29th out of 50 when he took office and when he left, FL was ranked 39th. He is a charlatan. Piers was duped big time.

October 12, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Brian

Jebb,
    What do you think about the "rights" of gay people? Especially in Florida.

October 12, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Joyce Oberthal

I find it very hard to understand when Jeb Bush says that teaching is designed around economic benefits for the adults. As a teacher of 26 years, I have to say that I live from paycheck to paycheck and I do it because I want to make a difference in the lives of children. I don't do it for financial gain – If that is what I was looking for I would have gotten a job in one of the nation's banks and made a large amount of money and kept it all for myself. Instead, I use most of my spare money to supplement the supplies in my classroom.

October 12, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Cynthia Turner

Wow! How incredibly single minded you are. Ask the valid questions! You talk about "new" teachers who don't get a shot at teaching because of some antiquated teacher who won't leave. Please.....there are plenty of "old"teaches who do it right, who get it, who are dynamic, energetic, enthusiastic professionals. Just because you have been teaching for 20 years doesn't mean you're no good. I can tell you that these new teaches do not have the experience nor the "with-it-ness" to get the job done without some older, more experienced teacher guiding their way.

Pay for performance works well when you have a product. Children are not products. We don't get to claim them on our expense reports and deduct them from our profits. Education is not a business!!! Jeb thinks that we don't get what's really going on in the GOP. Republicans tote how they want less government. You want to fix education? Get the politicians out of it and let the teachers do their "work". I purposely did not say job because it is NOT a job. Teaching is a profession....let's start treating it as such.

October 12, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Chris J

"This was not the time for me personally." More realistically -> I know the people of the US would say – OH NO! Not another Bush!

October 12, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Martin

Not to be a stickler for terms, but you acalltuy mean positive feedback loops. Negative feedback loops are homeostatic in nature and try to minimize movement, while positive feedback loops feed on movement and increase it.Of course the nature of most negative feedback loops means that once a system gets beyond a certain point they flip and become positive feedback for a while. The yen carry trade is a perfect example of this, which stabilized the global bull markets for a long time but now that they have broken it is contributing to extremely fast and compounded moves.I think we can agree it's "Adverse"

May 20, 2012 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply