Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

December 20th, 2011

Clips From Last Night: Kathy Griffin on giving Anderson a 'roofie;' Henry Kissinger on the future of North Korea

Comedian Kathy Griffin sat down with Piers Morgan last night to talk about her upcoming New Year’s Eve special with Anderson Cooper, her new flame and her plastic surgery. She unveiled her plans to wreak havoc onto CNN’s televised New Year’s Eve celebration. “My dream is to make the screen just turn into a bar code so first you’ll hear some rustling, Anderson’s mic go dead, and you just think it’s a tornado warning,” she said. “I’m willing to give Anderson a roofie, but I’m just going to tell him it’s cough syrup.”

Former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger also sat with Piers to discuss the future of North Korea without Kim Jong Il and its military capabilities:

“As a state in a normal military conflict, the only strengths of North Korea is its capacities for suicidal measures, but not for sustaining a long-range conflict.”

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Tom Smith

Perhaps the worst TV program I've seen in many years!

December 20, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. E.M.Martin

Really? Is the vulgar and talent-free Kathy Griffin the best CNN can do on New Year's Eve? Four years of this cringe-fest is enough!

December 20, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Katherine Gibson

I tuned in for the last 10 minutes of the show and was horrified at the aggressive body language and rude comments going back and forth between Kathy and Piers. I've watched and loved Kathy for years, and her body language told me she wasn't "playing" with Piers. She seemed thoroughly disgusted with him, and he was downright rude to her back. Wow, what a disappointment. They shouldn't be in the same room at the same time again. They don't feed off each other in the right ways. Hopefully I am way off base. Anyone else feel the way I did?

December 20, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Judy

I agree . Piers Morgan was so rude and childish to Kathy Griffin. Everyone knows what Kathy's comedy is all about. Don't like her, don't watch it. But Piers could not have been more rude to her if he tried. He was obsessed with waiting for Lindsay Lohan to tweet and ignoring his guest or asking personal questions that she rightully refused to answer. He is no Larry King!

December 20, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Alex

I agree. Piers completely lost control of the interview and was so immature it was frankly hard to watch. His facial expression at the end reminded me of a 5 year old boy who didn’t get his way. He was absolutely AWFUL.

December 21, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Bronwyn's Harbor

Why didn't you post the video of your terrific interview of Jon Huntsman on North Korea, China, and much more? You gave Huntsman an opportunity to describe what is going on in Asia as well as how all these events are affecting the U.S.

Great job by you, Piers. But no video? I was going to blog the interview, but without the video, it's so much more difficult. Yes, I found the transcript but it's not the same.

December 20, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Catherine Gardiner

I have been a great follower of Anderson and Piers, and believe that I am a broad-minded, curious, well read, and educated and intelligent person, with a very good sense of humor.

However, I saw Cathy Griffin on Piers Morgan this week, and I've seen her New Years Eve with Anderson, etc., and frankly I have come to the conclusion that she is rather vulgar, not funny, crass, and unintelligent!! The bar clearly needs to be raised, and it can be done easily if you get the word out! There is lots of talent just waiting to get a break who are funny and intelligent. Tacky just doesn't flie!!!!!!

CNN can, and should do a whole lot better than Cathy Griffin in the humor department. Please, do me, and all my friends a favor, and dump Cathy Griffin. And, I am not impressed with her connections and frankly don't care. She is not the only way to come up with a "get"!!!!

Also, when will CNN – US, broaden the news to include the world. The world does effect all of us? You have become far too parochial.

Otherwise keep up the good work.

Seasons greetings

December 20, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Allen

Your spelling and grammar are horrible..... Just saying

December 21, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Scott

She is one disgusting woman. I expect MSNBC to be this tasteless and vulgar.

WHY, CNN? WHY??? Every year you subject your audience to this filth. I don't get it.

Heck with it. I'll just go watch "Hannity". Heck, I'll settle for whatever is on Food Network.

December 20, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Catherine Gardiner

I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE. I JUST DON'T GET WHAT IS SO APPEALING ABOUT GRIFFIN – WHAT AM I MISSING HERE. WHAT A MESS OF A WOMAN . . .

December 20, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Marcia

I have NEVER EVER commented online, and barely read blogs. Griffin's behavior was so outrageous it prompted me to make this my first comment!
    Griffin's behavior was vulgar. explosive, adolescent, confrontational, more than disrespectful, unbelievably HOSTILE (ripping Piers's quetion card from his side of the desk)......I am stunned by this behavior..the bit I watched was of Griffin lashing out at Piers for not promoting her show, website etc... If I am not mistaken, this is an INTERVIEW show , not an explicit Public Realtions/ Promotion show of Kathy Griffin enterprises....I truly do not understand the comments accusing Piers of bad behaviorr???? She was outright hostile... I have truly lost respect for her, and I hope her following declines when people are aware of this..though I doubt it..we should not support this kind of disgusting behavior

December 21, 2011 at 12:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. What more can I say?

Don't you guys even have a sense of humour? It's a sad indictment on society when you call a comedian like Kathy vulgar and disgusting, when that's half her shtick and is supposed to challenge the ideals of your puritan little bubble you all live in. She's just being open and real, instead of a fake, elitist, phoney the likes of which society is so rife with.

I laughed at everything she said. She was as hilarious as she could be.

December 21, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Stefka

First time I am writing too, but boy or boy that interview was something... I have never seen or was interested in Kathy, every time I saw her on TV I would just switch the channel. Piers was rude but she could not get out of it in a smart and glassful way (good comedians usually are quick and have a way to turn it around) she just kept barking like a chiwawa, which made her look even worst and pathetic, bagging to be advertised. I think she missed a chance to show to the viewers that there is and actual person Kathy who is smart and has personality aside of that clown this she does for living. I agree with previous post she is just vulgar and not funny. Everyone can do what she does taking about body parts does not make you funny. She needs to come up with something else because this is not working. Otherwise I like the Piers show I think he does good job.

December 21, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Helga Bear

Piers Morgan has got to go !!!!! Please, he is rude and never shuts up long enough to let the guest talk. We used to watch Larry King every day, now we are so disgusted with this loud mouth and his worthless opinions that we never again will tune in to his arrogant style. Sad to say, CNN made a BIG Mistake with this worthless human being, please replace him with somebody who interviews , not like this show off, who talks more than his guests.

December 21, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Avser Bastian

NEW – NOT LIABILITIES OR DISCRIMINATION, BUT INSTEAD ASSASSINATIONS !!!

http://myshortbiography.blogspot.com/ LEARN TRUTH ABOUT EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMISSION, UNITED NATIONS, AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL AS WELL AS NEW WORLD ORDER(MULTICULTURALISM = TERRORISM) GOVERNMENTS !!!

NOT THERE TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS, BUT TO DENY YOUR RIGHT TO EXISTENCE !!! 66 YEARS OF GENOCIDE AGAINST WHITES WORLDWIDE IS NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE !!! STOP THE ANIMAL APARTHEID NOW !!! http://myshortbiography.blogspot.com/ <== ABDUCTIONS / RENDITIONS / BRAIN CHIP IMPLANTS / BLACKLISTING / BLACKBALLING / MK-ULTRA BRAINWASHING against civilian population TODAY / ASSASSINATIONS and much more per WHO, WHY, AND HOW !!!

WHY TO ACCEPT LIABILITIES FOR CRIMES COMMITTED WHEN WE CAN SIMPLY ASSASSINATE OUR VICTIMS(YOU) THANKS TO HUMAN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS AND FREE PRESS/MEDIA(most severe censorship ever) !!!

December 21, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Netnite

I think Kathy Griffin is very funny, she's bold and will say just about anything and that's one of the main things I love about her act. Looking forward to seeing her on NYE with Anderson Cooper again.

December 21, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Allen

Lighten up Kathy haters. Just because YOU don't get it, doesn't mean you should be so rude and degrading. I'm HIGHLY educated, and I find her quite funny. You just have to get her humor. Grow up.

December 21, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Margie

I usually don't like Kathy Griffin's monologue, but thought the repartee between her and Piers was very entertaining.

December 22, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. bruce robertson

Crude, insensitive, rude, vulgar, degrading, sophmoric, outrageous, confrontational, hostile . . . . . . . man ! what's NOT to love about that show ? ! ? ! ? ! That's real live TV.

December 22, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Dean Cicko

Anyone who thinks Kathy "badmouth not funny" Griffin is in anyway a serious comedian or entertainer is nuts and needs a life. She is a GREAT example of why the USA is failing in everyway. Wake up America!

ROFLMAO
    The World

December 28, 2011 at 2:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Joe

I got the impression Morgan did not like Kathy making fun of him. she had some zingers... especially liked it when she asked him how many times he'd properly been in love.

Morgan likes to take awkward interview moments and replay them. I doubt he will do that with this one.

January 1, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply