Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

December 22nd, 2011

Clips From Last Night: Lenny Kravitz on Michael Jackson and growing up with a groundbreaking, famous mother

Superstar Lenny Kravitz sat down with Piers Morgan last night and talked about working with his idol Michael Jackson in the studio. Kravitz described Jackson as "a beautiful being, extremely professional, a perfectionist" and "a great father".

Kravitz also discussed what it was like growing up under the controversial gaze of his mother's ground breaking character on the hit 1970s television sitcom "The Jeffersons":

“My mother used to get hate mail, she used to get death threats, people couldn’t deal with it. That was the first interracial kiss on primetime television and it was quite controversial.”

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Jenise

Thank you Lenny for telling-it-like-it-is about Michael. There is always so much contraversy but your words are so sincere. It doesn't seem like you feel compelled to hold up this positive image. You are completely believable and telling the truth. By far, I do not think Michael was perfect, none of us are, but I do believe his admirable qualities far exceed the negative. You've restored my faith.

December 22, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tom

and Kravitz actually knew Jackson. I saw Lenny in concert one time he was good.

December 25, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Wilson

Lenny Bruce may have been a iengus, but like many a iengus, I suspect he was a tormented soul. Not to detract from his brilliant club routines and courage to speak his mind, but every time his name comes up, I'm reminded of the story about him that he was screwing one of the maternity ward nurses while his wife (or girlfriend, or whatever) was in labor with his child. If this is a myth, somebody set me straight so I can regain some respect for him.

March 4, 2012 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. jerry

Wondering about this guy Piers Morgan – Is he working here in the USA legally? Could CNN please display his green card or other work authorization. He talks like a foreigner, and saw him working in England so wondering what's the deal?

December 22, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Diana

working in England? He had to testify in the Murdoch phone hacking scandal, because he was an editor at a Murdoch publication. He has a lot of explaining to do!

December 23, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • thatgirl

Piers Morgan was born in Guildford, Surrey, England and appointed editor of News of the World by Rupert Murdoch, becoming the youngest national newspaper editor in more than half a century. He is currently the editorial director of First News, a national newspaper for children. I can openly hope that Jerry and Diana are being factious. If you two really think he is here illegally then I will have no choice but to determine that you both are from middle america and operate under the delusion you are a decendant from the orgiinal inhabitors of this country. Thanks for the laugh!

December 23, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Chris Leidich

I am very pleased with excellent quality of all the Piers Morgan interviews. The Piers Morgan interview with Lenny Kravitz was also very well done. However, I was very disappointed that Lenny didn’t give any acknowledgement to Jimi Hendrix considering how much he blatantly copied Jimi. Has Lenny ever given Hendrix any credit? I noticed when Piers asked Lenny about artists that influenced him he mentioned Led Zeppelin and others but rudely – not Jimi Hendrix.

I remember Robin Trower also copied Hendrix – right after his death. It was kinda soothing while we all had to get over the shock of his death. At least Trower has acknowledged that “Hendrix was a big influence”

December 24, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tom

I suspect Lenny knows more about who influenced him than you do.

December 25, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Rosie Real

Weird how everyone acts surprised when someone says something good about Michael Jackson.

December 26, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. REQmeniludo

Hi there, Retrouvez votre Voiture Casablanca ou vihecule en location sur Casablanca et Essaouira au Maroc votre Voiture de location ou 4×4 Casablanca, what you say friends?t00wiqp...

May 24, 2013 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Marquita

We're a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
    Your web site offered us with valuable info to work on. You have done an impressive job and our whole community will
    be grateful to you.

My website ซื้อหวย

December 6, 2020 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Weldon Colyott

i would really love to play card games, it is also a very addictive game*

December 20, 2020 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Chana

Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thank you,
    However I am encountering difficulties with your RSS.
    I don't understand why I can't join it. Is there anybody having identical RSS problems?
    Anyone who knows the answer will you kindly respond?

Thanx!!

Here is my web site car insurance ontario covid

January 9, 2021 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Angelo Kominski

January 10, 2021 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Jose Marotta

Thank you for the good writeup. It in reality was once a enjoyment account it. Look advanced to far brought agreeable from you! By the way, how can we keep in touch?

January 11, 2021 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Laurie

Hello! I've been reading your weblog for a long time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and
    give you a shout out from Humble Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the great work!

January 16, 2021 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Suzanna Walkington

January 28, 2021 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. หวย

You actually make it seem really easy along with your presentation but I to find this matter to be really one thing which I think
    I might by no means understand. It seems too complex and very vast for
    me. I'm having a look forward in your next submit,
    I will try to get the hang of it!

February 15, 2021 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Darrell Hoehn

Extraordinary information.Learn Spanish Online for Free

February 16, 2021 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. ClarkPlorp

0dhhj y6r67 rgfs

March 1, 2021 at 8:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Lan Urrea

Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he just bought me lunch since I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!

March 4, 2021 at 10:59 am | Report abuse | Reply