Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

December 28th, 2011

Piers Morgan's greatest hits: Jeff Bridges on portraying drunks and his famous father

All this week CNN is airing some of Piers Morgan's greatest hits – tonight at 9pmET/PT, watch the hour with Oscar-winner Jeff Bridges.

Here's Bridges talking about his break in the industry – thanks to his father:

When Morgan pointed out Bridges' reputation as "the nicest guy in show business," the younger Bridges again credited his father's guidance.

"You know, I take my lead from my old man," said Bridges, "Who loved showbiz so much and, yes, I got to work with him as a kid on 'Sea Hunt.' You know, whenever there was a role for the little kid, he'd say, 'Come on, get out of school and come and play with Dad.'"

Watch the preview above, in which Bridges talks about portraying drunks in film. See the full interview tonight at 9pmET/PT.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Announcements
  1. Jeanie Coolahan

Piers Morgan is one of the worst interviewers I've ever seen. He constantly interrupts the guest and talks over them. Last night's show with Kelsey Grammer was just awful. I don't know why you cannot find someone else to fill Larry King's spot. Piers Morgan is a poor replacement. Also, he indicated that Kelsey did good to marry a "British" woman and that he finally got it right. Well, that is insulting to American women. Go back to Britain Piers......you don't belong here in American!

December 28, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Jeanie Coolahan

Piers Morgan is one of the worst interviewers I've ever seen. He constantly interrupts the guest and talks over them. Last night's show with Kelsey Grammer was just awful. I don't know why you cannot find someone else to fill Larry King's spot. Piers Morgan is a poor replacement. Also, he indicated that Kelsey did good to marry a "British" woman and that he finally got it right. Well, that is insulting to American women. Go back to Britain Piers......you don't belong here in America!

December 28, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Alex

Iy was so hard to lose Larry but I had confidence that CNN would replace him with a quality person to maintain the dignity of the show. I try to watch Piers once in a while but turn him off after about 3 minutes. He's terrible! Putting Piers in Larry's seat is an insult to the admirable and highly respected Larry King. Piers is a devious interviewer and does not command my respect or interest whatsoever. Please find a worthy person to provide quality viewing at the 9:00 hour. In the meantime, I channel surf at 9:00 missing Larry with every click of the remote.

December 28, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jeanie Coolahan

I agree 100% Alex!

December 30, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Sherie

Pierce I don't normally watch your show, but I am a fan of Jeff Bridges.
    You never even mentioned 'The Fisher King', which is hands down his best performance.
    He deserved the awards for that film. Not taking anything away from all his other great performances.
    If you knew his career at all, you would know that's one of the reasons why he WAS one of the most under-rated actors in Hollywood. Some of always knew he was the best from early on.

December 28, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Liz

I loved seeing the interview with Jeff Bridges. I liked him ever since he played the important part in King Kong. And totally like him furthermore for getting in there & helping end hunger among the US families.

Keep up the interesting interviews with the famous people out there, Piers. We all know that interviews are timed & sometimes getting to the good story takes speeding up a conversation, unfortunately.

December 28, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Krista

Pierce, If you honestly admire Jeff Bridges, then you should have respected him enough to give air time to his issue: ending childhood hunger. That's what he came on your show to discuss and you relegated it to the last five minutes, cut short his PSA, then changed the subject. You had the opportunity to bring the issue front and center, to inspire people to do something, and to show them a way to get involved, and you glossed over it. Of course, no one wants to talk about childhood hunger, but he did, and he would have if you had given him a chance.

December 29, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. abridge2low

Lloyd should be proud of HIS sons. LOL

December 29, 2011 at 3:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Marius

If you could see me now, you'd see me doing cart-wheels because I am SO THRILLED to read this post! I have watend to go to his workshop more than any other workshop that's out there, but I haven't been able to. I'm buying this the minute it's released. THANK YOU ANGELA!!!!

May 20, 2012 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. LJC

Dear Piers or Ted turner CEO somebody!!!! We love the show, but what about interviewing "A random American" Yes we find some celebs stories interesting, but We peasents can never connect! – Just a random american their story their views on life and politics- How interesting would that be!!!! no screening either just a random invitation- ok some screening so you don't get a psycho, but you get the point. – You know we want a vioce and we don't always want to hear from people more forunate or so called experts. who just over analized everything and assumes to understand and speak for us. For others in this blog please comment if you agree maybe they will Hear US!

December 31, 2011 at 1:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Jazmin

i know why they keep on going there. and many people on your elpnat have many names for the internet. it is actually not officially called the internetVA:F [1.9.9_1125]please wait...VA:F [1.9.9_1125](from 0 votes)

March 3, 2012 at 4:27 am | Report abuse | Reply