Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

January 13th, 2012

Jimmy Fallon explains the "Tebowie" (Tim Tebow + David Bowie) – and performs it again

If you missed Jimmy Fallon's Tim Tebow/David Bowie match-up last night on his NBC show (or you haven't happened to stumble upon it as it's gone viral online today), don't fear – you can catch an encore on "Piers Morgan Tonight" this evening at 9pmET/PT. "Tebowie" (just watch) came about since Fallon already had a Bowie impression ready. "America's rooting for the guy," Fallon tells Piers Morgan. "I have a David Bowie impression. It's all about the writing."

Fallon has met Bowie. "He's a very very funny guy, we were email buddies for awhile," he said. Watch Tebowie tonight, 9pmET/PT.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. p rihn

JImmy Fallon is awesome. That song was great. Rich Little, & Robin Williams should be proud of him. He reminds me of them. So talented. Miss him on SNL.

January 13, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Steve

I take severe OFFENSE to CNN AIRING GARBAGE SUCH AS THIS. IT is an offense to Christians and HOW DARE YOU mock any religion, whether satirical or not. Piers and Fallon should both be booted off the air!

January 16, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Edna Reed

I found the song very offensive and tasteless.

January 13, 2012 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. JC Warren

I hope you will one day find christ and ask for forgivement of all sins. I would not want to meet our lord and be judged after making fun of him on national television. If publicity is what you were looking for I think you will get it. I am just not sure you will like it after all the BIBLE is not the number one selling book in the world for no reason. I will probably never watch your show again but I will pray for you.

January 13, 2012 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • lol.

you'll be missing out on a great show for a stupid reason.

January 14, 2012 at 12:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Ching

thank you, biathlon. for ainhvg people ski with rifles on their backs, in america we love sports where players ride around with guns but we just call it the NBA xD

April 2, 2012 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Ex-Pentacostal

I hope you will one day find evidence for God and Christ and ask yourself for forgivement of all your gullibility. I would not want to meet Vishnu or Allah and be judged after realizing that I was worshipping the wrong god. If lunacy without evidence is what you were looking for I think you will get it. I am just not sure you will like it after all the BIBLE is not the number one selling book in the world for no reason but because there is a sucker born every minute. I will probably never see a post from you again but I will "think" for you.

January 14, 2012 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. josh Harrouch

test

January 13, 2012 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. josh

I am so personally offended by the song making a mockery of Tim Tebow and his faith in Jesus Christ. Not only that, but also making fun of Jesus Christ himself. So many people in this country and in this world for that matter , believe in and love Jesus Christ. They make decisions about their lives, families, relationships, etc. based on this Faith. There would be an outrage if this was a song mocking Islam, Mohammed, Buddah, Allah, etc. But yet, perfectly ok to mock the faith of so many americans. Whether you want to classify me as another religous nut, that's your choice but the fact remains that so many of our great american values and ideals are founded on the ideas and principles of great americans with very similar values. To so many, faith in Jesus Christ represents everthing that is good and true. CNN endorses mocking this by letting one of their signature programs make a mockery of it. It's such a shame. Maybee some Christians have made mistakes and brought some of this on ourselves, but Jesus Christ did nothing more than love us and sacrifice his life so that we might be eternally hopeful of pure and unconditional love. Why does that belief not deserve the same level of respect on a national news network. It is such a shame.

January 13, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • You are an idiot

You are an idiot.

January 13, 2012 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • taylor

god is not real hope that makes you study more of the morals of the bible than professional sports

January 14, 2012 at 4:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Crosman

I am no longer sure the place you're etgting your info, but great topic. I must spend some time learning more or working out more. Thank you for magnificent info I was searching for this information for my mission.

April 3, 2012 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
    • kkc

Hey you all, I wrote a great rebutle to the show and commentary tonight and all of a sudden everything I had written was wahed out on the forum.. " I did not reboot my computer" Satan is the Author of the skies, God is the Owner of all the Heavens and the Earth!.. All this is so deep, that owner us believers will understand! The second I mentiioned anything about getting any true information on our false president "note no caps" on the internet my computer rebooted on itself... oh boy big brother at its best know.. Why do we spend so much time on a great athlete and the commendation of his faith? But, No one asks ONE Question about BARRAK"s background..oops. here my computer goes again.. welp, guess this isn't a Nation that we can say what we feel anymore?.. ps.. Not threatened by anyone, just think we all need to band together and Bring back the values that God had for us and for all that beleive the same. Which is Love... Not Killing One Another for anything! Not Oil! Not Money! Etc.. Our prisons all over the world are full of hurt people from alll venues... When are we all going to realize we should love each other and exist with one another and know that there is enough land, oil, resources, etc. to take care of all if we would quit using it to destroy one another! God has a plan for each one of us. even those whom don't beleive he even exists? I don't need to wonder I know? Hello World.. Israel, Iran, Iraq .. does anyone in America study the true book .. Nope I guess we are all just caught up in our own little media world.. Our 9 to 5, Our 3 to 11's etc.. Hey guys and gals??? Wake up as we work and try and eat and sleep our goverment is being transformed into a socialist society! I pray for us all..kk

January 14, 2012 at 4:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mol

Josh, you could not have said it more profoundly!
      But I would still like CNN to give me an answer WHY PMT is NOT shown on a weekend in South Africa

January 16, 2012 at 8:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Cyndi

This was Hilarious! People need to lighten up. It's humor, everybody loves Tebow, but his very public displays of his religion on the field make him a target like anyone else. It's not an attack on Jesus. It's a joke about a nfl football player!! Just a goof on a guy who chooses to make this part of his personal life very public. I can't imagine he gives a damn, if so, then he needs to get over himself too!

January 13, 2012 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Jane Cordray

I have just seen the performance by Jimmy Fallon that some are currently talking about. I have to say that I am stunned at the mockery of Jesus who created heaven and earth and who sits at the Fathers right hand and is coming again to judge the world. I was greatly offended by Piers Morgans laughing at the song. It mocks a godly man who is genuinely thanking God for granting him success on the field. One day each one of us will stand before Christ who died in order to give us eternal life and forgiveness for our sins. It is my prayer that Jimmy Fallon and Piers Morgan will know Christ as their Savior and Messiah. He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. At His name every knee will bow in heaven and on earth and confess that He is Lord.
    An apology needs to be given to those who kinow, love and worship Christ.

January 14, 2012 at 1:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • me

"Jesus who created heaven and earth"

for a Christian, you sure are misinformed about the very thing you base your entire existence upon.

January 14, 2012 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. JeffSan

You people who are so negatively judgemental might want to examine the strength of your "faith." If you feel that you have a good relationship with Jesus Christ, then why are you so threatened by a little humor? Maybe actually READ the Bible and study the history of its evolution. Sheesh, some of you are no different from fanatical Islamics

January 14, 2012 at 4:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lanelle

2 Chronicles 36:16
      But they mocked the messengers of God, despised His words, and scoffed at His prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against His people, till there was no remedy.

January 14, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Ex-Pentacostal

12 Then they brought the captives, the booty, and the spoil to Moses, to Eleazar the priest, and to the congregation of the children of Israel, to the camp in the plains of Moab by the Jordan, across from Jericho. 13 And Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the congregation, went to meet them outside the camp. 14 But Moses was angry with the officers of the army, with the captains over thousands and captains over hundreds, who had come from the battle.
        It's the great book of multiple choice.
        Numbers 31
        15 And Moses said to them: “Have you kept all the women alive? 16 Look, these women caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to trespass against the LORD in the incident of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD. 17 Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known a man intimately. 18 But keep alive for yourselves all the young girls who have not known a man intimately.

January 14, 2012 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rubens

POV, not only does Obama ot have the train "unwercked" (interesting word. Could you possibly have meant repraied?), he is pouring gas on the flaming wreckage. I do not think you understand that making money and spending it are two different things. Bush's tax cuts created increased revenue from taxes from increase productivity. His big government spending caused the deficit and in the long run, lowered productivity. He spent more than he made. The spending is the culprit in the case of Bush. Obama is compounding this problem exponentially. This means he is not only adding to it, he is multiplying it by orders of magnitude. His policies are going to require tax hikes that will result in less productivity. The result will be instead of having an increased amount of money coming in but spending more than the increase, we are going to have less money coming in and spend much more money than ever before, creating the largest national debt on record and making inflation skyrocket.

June 28, 2012 at 9:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sonam

Gregg" The thing about Bush's tax cuts is they worked."No, this is just anethor conservative myth.Because of the tax cut the deficit has been exploding. The tax cuts were all on borrowed money . We didn't have enough left to run the government.Remember those two wars the conservatives like so much cost 2 billion per month and have been going for six years. We will spend close to 2 trillion dollars on the war in Iraq. The United States economy went from a surplus under Clinton to a deep recession with huge deficit spending with Bush.All of those men and women who have served need medical and educational benefits. Our infrastructure is crumbling. Bush and Cheney destroyed this country.Obama has no choice but deficit spending to get the US economy working once again.

June 30, 2012 at 3:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Jackie

Your interview w/Mark W was very nice, focusing on his determination to be a good family man and being devout. Why couldn't you do the same for Tim Tebow – focusing on HIS determination to have good character and be a good role model for youth ( and oh, how we need one); but instead mocking and ridiculing his expression of faith. How sad – you and Jimmy don't get it.

January 14, 2012 at 8:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Vicki

Jackie, you have hit the nail on the head. I enjoyed the Mark Wahlberg interview, but then as soon as Jimmy Fallon sang the first two lines of his disgusting song, I turned the channel. Piers, I will have to think about watching your program again. You have just fallen off the "my favs TV list".

January 14, 2012 at 10:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • betsy berry

Plus, Piers seemed to be enjoying it immensely. We will never watch his show again!

January 14, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
      • me

Wahlberg is racist. did jail time for attempted homicide – a hate crime.
        meanwhile, Jimmy Fallon is one of the nicest, most sincere people walking the planet right now.

*chuckle*

January 14, 2012 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
      • Gorgon

Gee Wiz Lib!I guess that answers my quiteson to Nonny as well. You really have to turn logic on it's head to come to your conclusions."Because of the tax cut the deficit has been exploding." -LibThat is just not true. You can justifiably complain about deficits. For deficits to "explode" you must spend much more than you take in. The tax cuts brought in MORE revenue. Raise hell about the wars and everything else you want too, fine. You're right. The increased revenue was SPENT and THEN SOME. Let's review. Spending caused the deficit: TRUE.Tax cuts brought in more revenue: TRUE Tax cuts caused the deficit: Total BS"The tax cuts were all on borrowed money" -Lib This is what Nonny is talking about but it's more BS. It's stupid on it's face. How does a tax cut cost money? We say it all the time but the fact that it's OUR money seems to get lost. If I rob a rich man on the street that's illegal. It matters not if I give the bounty to a homeless man. If the government does the same thing then that seems to be cool. Now then, if I rob the rich guy and decide to take only half his money, does that "cost" me? Hey, a robber's got kids to feed, got to put them through college. What if I have to borrow money to do so? Because that rich guy kept a litte more of HIS money, I have to pay interest on a college loan! Damn!That's the Liberal logic, you own it"The United States economy went from a surplus under Clinton to a deep recession with huge deficit spending with Bush." -LibEducate yourself, a "surplus" is not the opposite of a "recession". When Clinton left office we had a surplus AND a recession. The economy was shrinking but we had money in the bank. Tax policy made the recession shallow and saved disaster after 9/11. With this recession Obama's policies are making it worse. If the expected tax hikes come it will not work.Tax policy should be thought of as a way to stimulate the economy not as a way to confiscate money to spend our way out of debt.

June 27, 2012 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
  10. Penne Young

I enjoy watching your program. The interview regarding the song with Tim Tebow's name and his Lord is the reason for this comment. "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God." Hebrews 10:31
    "Wherefore God also has Highly Exalted Him and given Him a Name which is above every Name: That at the Name of JESUS every knee should bow...and that every tongue should confess that JESUS CHRIST IS LORD to the glory of GOD THE FATHER." Philippians 2:9-11 Selah PEACE to you Piers

January 14, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Wawan

This is an excellent spmlae of good quality writing. You have made sound points with interesting content. This is really great work obviously written by a true talent! Thank you.

March 5, 2012 at 12:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. O. R. Hickson

As an Irishman visiting the USA, I happened to have the unfortunate experience of watching an idiot copying David Bowie as he sang a song ridiculing an American football player! It's a shame on you, Piers Morgan, for laughing and clapping in delight looking on while an arrogant, base individual sang a song of shameful criticism as he ridiculed an honorable man and the Saviour God Eternal. This man (whether you agree with his beliefs or not) is a man who stands upright in his beliefs and faith, an action only to be admired in such a violent, heartless and vain society as the one you pamper to! It's a shame on you! I sure won't be rushing to watch that kind of show ever again...I think a public apology is very much in order.

January 14, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Doug

Even as an Athiest, I thought Fallon's song was tasteless and disgusting. I wonder whatever happened to the phrase; "If you don't have anythjing nice to say, don't say it at all." I may not be a believer but, I support those who do and condemn those who would try to harm or make fun of those believers. Shame on Fallon, CNN and Piers. It was just the worst!

January 14, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Thomas Hall

One of the best comments, Doug. The apostle, Paul, warned us to "test (prove) everything; hold fast that which is good."
      I Thessalonians 5:21 . The Bible is the litmus test. I'll pray you give it a chance. Tom (ex- LDS for Jesus Christ )

January 14, 2012 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Doug

Thank you, Mr. Hall. I appreciae you taking the time to offer your reply and I will take your advise and read the passage you quoted. Best Regards. – Doug

January 15, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  13. J.C.

Are you kidding? Even I find this hilarious!! Lighten up for my sake!!! How can you be so narrow minded?

January 14, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Nancy

If Tebow were a Muslim, would Allah be mocked so readily?

January 14, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ex-Pentacostal

I would hope so, Nancy.

January 14, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Thomas Hall

I could not believe two intelligent human beings, Piers and Jimmy, could participate in such a mockery of the Christian faith and Jesus Christ. Praise God for men like Tebow who demonstrate their faith by their works!

January 14, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Anna

I found this extremely offensive. Why is it that we must be so politically correct to everyone except Christians? That Piers was laughing along with this really turned me off of him and his show. I lost all respect for him. Won't ever watch again.

January 15, 2012 at 10:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Bob

Bob

I was disappointed when listening to your show the other day when Jimmy Fallon sang about Tim Tebow. My disappointment was more with you Piers than with Mr. Fallon. Parodies are sung and recited all over the place in today's society by large groups of people who have an agenda, but good taste and good judgement still rest with the individual. Your laughter and banter with Mr. Fallon spoke volumes of your understanding of what Christianity means to a large segment of the American population. A while back when you were on the Apprentice, I was impressed with you when I heard you say to Stephen Baldwin that you were a good Christian also and should not be judged. If having good judgement means allowing a parody that offends a large segment of the American population, then perhaps a further explanation of what you meant when you made that comment to Mr. Baldwin about your faith is needed. Does good taste and "judging" others only apply when it affects an individual on a tv show, or should it apply to the greater good of the population.

January 16, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Janet

I HATE that Fallon did this. I'm still upset because I absolutely loved Fallon, I can't even tell you how much. Fallon has often targeted celebrities and politicians who deserve to be mocked a bit and who can take a few punches. But Tebow? He's the only guy nicer than Jimmy. Or nicer than Jimmy used to be. The lyrics verge on mocking Christ too because they make him out to be this petulant, grouchy god. I can't hate Jimmy but I don't want to watch his show any more. Mark my words, Jimmy is about to become a lot more like Jon Stewart–a lot more bitter and sarcastic and politically focused. I hope you don't laugh yourself all the way into hell, Fallon.

January 17, 2012 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. J.C. (not the JC)

Please read the Christian Bible, any version you like, before scripture bombing people you don't care for. People who truly know the Bible don't deign to cherry pick verses to make a point, no matter how profound or silly.

It is all too easy to accurately quote bible verse that will outrage people who believe they are good Christians. Don't make me do it.

January 24, 2012 at 2:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Francisco

Meth Abuse Dot Org welcomes you to place cmnmeots on the subject of meth abuse and other similar topics. We look forward to your cmnmeots on meth abuse and any similar topic.

March 4, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Noreen

What a waste of the all star talent that was seen but not herd, Tracy, Kris, Horachio, even Tina irfkin' Fey was left out in the lerch. Amy, Jimmy, and Tina should have taken Seth Meyers by the neck, and tossed him off the Weekend Update set and taken it back to it's glory days before he RUINED the best part of SNL since the show stared. I also want to thank the lord they found time for Kristen Wigg's hilarious 1929 character actress sketch NOT. If Kristen does that same sketch one more time, I'm gonna lose it.

April 2, 2012 at 6:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. montreal escorts

Thank you, I've just been looking for info approximately this subject for a long time and yours is the best I have came upon so far. However, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you sure about the source?|What i don't realize is if truth be told how you're not really much more neatly-appreciated than you may be right now. You're so intelligent.

April 25, 2012 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Enzo

This is the first time I've commented here and I must say you give gnuiene, and quality information for bloggers! Great job.p.s. You have an awesome template for your blog. Is it a free template or did you have it designed especially for you, I'd love to talk to your designer !?

September 9, 2012 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Me27

Ok will people please get a grip on reality...and maybe some real faith please? This is making fun of Tebow, NOT God. And by the way, Jesus himself told us not to put ourself on public pedastals to desplay how wonderful and religious we are, which is EXACTLY what Tim Tebow seemed to be doing. I'm sure he's a great guy and everything, but he's not perfect or beyond reproach and humor.

February 27, 2015 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. monayo60

Updated put forth call:

December 20, 2017 at 12:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  26. allysonws1

Novel project
    fired knives ball rehan horses

December 21, 2017 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. earlsq69

Proposal servant moved:

December 29, 2017 at 9:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  28. thomasvs18

My creative web outline:

January 10, 2018 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. selenaji60

My chill engagement:

February 4, 2018 at 5:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
  30. nanniegv60

My up to date suss out d evolve:

February 13, 2018 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. danielleim16

My up to date web contract:

February 17, 2018 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  32. bobbyxz60

Further lodgings after after concoct:

March 14, 2018 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  33. robertve18

New net invent:

March 29, 2018 at 2:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  34. shannonnh69

Rejuvenated web project:

March 29, 2018 at 3:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  35. angieib11

Modern network programme:

April 7, 2018 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  36. noemiey16

My up to date network outline:

April 13, 2018 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  37. pamiu2

Started up to date snare project
    debate converts' singal opponent facts

May 3, 2018 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply