Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

January 16th, 2012

Chelsea Handler grills Piers Morgan about his interruptions, his personal questions and Larry King

Chelsea Handler kicks off anniversary week on "Piers Morgan Tonight" – except the roles are reversed: she interviews Piers Morgan tonight for the hour. "There are some questions that you ask where you do push and push the person," said Handler, before playing a reel of some 2011 "hijinks."

She asked Piers why he always interrupts people. "If they start rambling and being boring or obfuscating or just not playing the game properly, I"m going to...get proper answers out of them," he says. Also: Larry King.

"I watched Larry for years, like everybody," said Piers. "Part of my big challenge coming to CNN was to replace this legend."

Watch the full, turn-the-tables interview tonight at 9pmET/PT.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. summer dawson

I can't wait!

January 16, 2012 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Sharon

piers, I can't believe you "chickened" out when Chelsea asked you about Obama's performance! I didn't believe you for sure. We all wanted him and were hoping for great things, but he has been a huge disappointment and I think you were afraid to say it.

January 16, 2012 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Anne Hess

Ms. Handler is well-spoken, but too aggressive for this time of evening. I can't watch the rest of this show.

January 16, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. alan

I got to this a little late this evening. It looks and sounds like a Piers Morgan tribute to Piers Morgan. Is it his last anniversary appearance?

January 16, 2012 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kevrel

Pleasing you should think of semotihng like that

March 2, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Kal

Piers
    What did you think of your interview with Kathy Griffith?

January 16, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Tommie

This is the best Piers ever. I love it when the tables are turned and he can't give a straight answer. Hypocrite!!!!

January 16, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. June

Piers, thank you for your answer concerning fame. I am tired of hearing the poor me from famously "rich" people when so many people really do have a hard life. Cheers to Chelsea for agreeing. Glad I had the chance to see Chelsea early because usually I am exhausted by the time she is on!

January 16, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Martha

I have to say that Chelsea is flippant and amatuer. Her allegations that Piers is rude and agressive are not founded. I think she is trying to hype something not there and looks really shallow and like a proverbial wannabee.
    I am a woman that has suceeded in a mainly male dominated profession, so I feel I am in a good place to judge something like this and she just leaves me cold. If it werent for Piers whom she is interviewing, I would quickly turn the show off. Just very poor....

January 16, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Margo

Please do not invite Chelsea Handler to the show EVER again. She is extremely caustic, rude, and arrogant and does not serve the show at all. Let Pierce Morgan do his excellent job of interviewing with the skill, wit and finesse that compliments this show!

January 16, 2012 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Greg

Chelsea thinks more of herself than she should. I found her very rude at best, extremely toxic, foul, and bitter towards Pierce. I would not watch another program involving her. Is she related to Casey Anthony?

January 16, 2012 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. smartmove

Congratulations on your first anniversary. I was thrilled when you got this spot and you have not disappointed. I enjoy your guest selection and your interview style. I was not so thrilled with Chelsea Hammer. She is rude and sarcastic. Do not enjoy her "humor"??!!

January 16, 2012 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Kathryn Miles

I have to agree with Greg's post above, with the exception of his last question. I believe she made a dignified man very uncomfortable because she was trying to turn it into an amateur teenage style program. Her hair and dress and behavior were not appropriate if she has any intention of being taking seriously. Whomever made that choice, please make a different choice next time. Piers does a wonderful job on his show. Let's put the interviewing back in his hands.

January 17, 2012 at 12:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Marian

Methadone Abuse .net welcomes you to place comnemts on the topic of methadone abuse, methadone, and similar subjects related to methadone abuse and other drugs and drug addictions

March 4, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Gloria

For a quick fix: There are few things that a trip to the beach can't cure. I seek out small beach pcales with no sea sports facilities and no kids facilities. Sitting half soaked in the sea surf things in my mind work themselves out. For a serious retreat: Yoga in Bali live in the village, walk for an hour everyday to get to yoga class, another hour back after class, detox on organic vegetarian fare. Ultimate fix: Meditation in the Himalayas when I need to reboot my system, I revisit my 2nd home Nepal living on the mountains, amidst such happy, friendly folk, is as close as you get to heaven on earth. You return to your daily samsara with a clean slate. For a serious spring cleaning of the rubbish in your mind, attend a silent meditation retreat for at least a week in the birthplace of the Buddha.

April 2, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Rosenoli

Please don't ever let that Chelsea Handler ever come on your show again. She is rude, and mean, and not entertaining at all. Had to turn it off.

January 17, 2012 at 12:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Steve Newton

Do not try

January 17, 2012 at 12:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • John

I love your heart. I will do several of these tnghis, and I continually celebrate and treasure your advocacy and compassion.

March 3, 2012 at 9:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Alitza

Piers i enjoyed the way you handled yourself w Chelsea. It was elegantly sarcastic, with a brilliant sensitivity. She is a sad person, injuring herself repeatedly. Cheers

January 17, 2012 at 1:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Peter

Jillian is taking over the world. I have Bob's ouwkrot video but have not bothered with Jilian .. I'm not going to do them anyway.This game sounds pretty interesting and fun though!

April 4, 2012 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. RAB

Boy do I ever agree with a majority of the previous comments....Anne Hess, Martha, Margo, Greg, smartmove, Kathryn Miles, Rosenoli. I did not care for Chelsea Handler's interview with you AT ALL. If she would have accepted, i would have much preferred Oprah interviewing you and she would have been much ...again! You do not come off to me as being rude, BUT Chelsea Handler definitely does. Though I did not turn it off, it was turn off material. You (Piers) are doing a FABULOUS job; great interviews, very intelligent , and a wonderful presence, I have been enjoying the show even more now than previous years. Your "Hail Mary" may be Jack Nicholson, but you have already spoken with several of mine, Oprah, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Colin Powell, Whoopi Goldberg, to name a few. Boy it would be so eye opening, cool, and impressive to spend a week,....a day...with you and see how it all works....just a wild dream ;~) Keep up the phenomenal work!

January 17, 2012 at 2:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jain

a few more weeks and i'll need this game to workout with.thanks for sppoting by my blog!!! I think your little guy is stinking adorable! Glad you noticed my little one's missing sock, dang they don't make premie socks they never stay on!!!The Buzz, Brandy

April 2, 2012 at 11:14 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. TOMMY

Where did chel H come from ? not the classiest person,,,,no refinement ,,,why did you allow her to do this ?

January 17, 2012 at 7:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Anamika

I'm interested in a ricnsartpt or audio version of Greg's talk on Aug 7. Anyone going that could send this? I don't live anywhere near KC.

March 4, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. the daily mirror

piers morgan exists in some deluded state where he believes he asks hard questions of his interviewees but in a re-cap of his past year there is not one question about his involvement in the phone hacking scandal whilst he was editor of the daily mirror. was chelsea instructed not to ask about that? what are you hiding piers? just look at the revelations this morning that say it was rife under piers morgan's editorship. stop the piousness and get someone to ask you some hard questions, instead of gloating about how fabulous you have been this past year.

January 17, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Markus

I watch your program every now and then, hoping someone will recapture Larry kings glory days, but Larry is not on this show anymore. You down talk to many of your guests, and that is what turns people off. Capture a person, don't destroy them . You should go back to tabloids, because that , you seem to do very well. All the best to you nevertheless.

January 17, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. EBM

I agree with the others in that Chelsea Handler has absolutely no place on CNN. Her interview style made me cringe. In a world where we need more respect, sensitivity and thoughtful, intelligent inquiry in the media, she stands out as an nasty and obnoxious bully. Who on earth thought this was a good idea? Let them go work for another network.

January 18, 2012 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Deborah

I wish Piers Morgan would go back to where he came from. Everyone knew that Larry King was a Democrate but he was always fair and never crossed the political line on air, one side or the other. Morgan is a Brit and it is not his place to make judgement of another countries politicians one way or the other. I am not inerested in his political retoric, he is there to ask questions not to make judgement. Go back to talent contests or whatever. In a million years you could not live in Larry Kings shoes.

January 19, 2012 at 3:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mmaryem

in Revelation, etc. from the bottom of the fall and Mom freaths. Kill every possible need. Wars and rumors of Kriegen.Ich think all I'm saying is, we need to get ready!

March 2, 2012 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Reainao Meurerf

Whats up very cool blog!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Superb .. I'll bookmark your site and take the feeds additionally…I am happy to find a lot of helpful information here in the post, we want work out extra strategies in this regard, thank you for sharing.

July 8, 2012 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Roland Lanzoni

Anthony hopkins is still one of the best actors these days eventhough he is very old. ..

<a href="Most current posting on our own web blog

November 28, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse | Reply