Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

February 3rd, 2012

Only In America: Piers Morgan on the power of a Donald Trump endorsement

On the heels of Donald Trump's endorsement of Mitt Romney, Piers Morgan addressed the value of having "The Donald" in your corner.

"You may argue that Donald Trump's 15 minutes are up in terms of politics.  You may even argue this is nothing more than one billionaire endorsing another near billionaire."

One thing you can't argue, however, is that Trump is someone who epitomizes the spirit, and the opportunities, that come from living in the United States:

"A man – love him or hate him – who's as American as a cheeseburger and large fries.  Donald Trump."

In the words of Morgan, Only in America:  "When Donald Trump talks, people tend to listen.  I was endorsed by him on 'Celebrity Apprentice.'  And look where it got me today."

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Only in America
  1. Ted

Trump just likes to see himself On TV. What good has he done for the American? Piers Morgan sucking up to so called power money. Maybe you can go to work for him if that makes you think you be somebody. I like your show, be your own man.

February 3, 2012 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. LibelFreeZone

Every time I read "...Piers Morgan's long career in journalism..." I just want to puke. Journalist, my ass. He's a jeernalist and that's all. He conned CNN into hiring him and now I can't even watch Ron Paul without having to see Morgan's sorry puss on TV. Piers Morgan is absolutely revolting. I used to respect Donald Trump, too, until he embraced Morgan and now we're stuck with him! Mr. Trump, I could slap you silly! What were you THINKING?!

February 3, 2012 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Judith Mason

Piers Morgan admits: "I was endorsed by him (Trump) on 'Celebrity Apprentice.' And look where it got me today."
    If, indeed, The Donald is responsible for this crime against journalism, he should be jailed without delay. Well, Donald Trump may have helped install Piers at CNN, but he can't keep him there. Besides, Trump is eyeing the death racket now with his upcoming version of Whispering Glades Memorial Park, Golf Course and Crematorium for the Upper Crust - early reservations encouraged. Piers Morgan shows definite signs of wear and tear in the ratings department - fraying around the collar and cuffs, cologne a bit too ripe for CNN's fickle viewership. CNN should cut its losses and, like The Donald, move on to the next deal. After all, it isn't as though Piers' absence would cause a massive public outcry. What passes for On- Air talent these days is easily replaceable – as one worn out part replaces another.

February 3, 2012 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. LibelFreeZone

Piers Morgan just tweeted, "...interesting moral maize re Ron Paul..." Moral CORN, Piers?! What a riot! What a buffoon!

February 3, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. ChrisB

Trump's endorsement got Morgan his CNN gig? Is Donald Trump responsible for helping to put that nasty excuse for a tabloid journalist on CNN? Then, the Donald should be ashamed of himself.

February 3, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Ross in Los Angeles, CA

Trump's endorsement will do more harm than good to Romney. Trump is a clown, he's so full of himself! It's terrifying that such a megalomaniacal guy is so rich.

February 3, 2012 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Otong

in go-go boots and a little yloelw dress. Alex Morgan, U.S Women's Soccer Photo Gallery Go USA! __________________ All women got a little bit of crazy in them, just like all men got a

March 4, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Richard

Donald Trump has his own media and he won't ever ever ever be president of this cortnuy. We need a religious person like a priest or rabbi or even someone similar to the Pope, not Donald Trump who is for the rich and would make the poor work crap jobs.

April 4, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. citizen2000

I certainly hope that Romney understands the need to get serious about competing with China rather than giving them everything and getting nothing in return. American universities are selling us out by training Chinese engineers and scientists and transfering an alarming amount of US technoligy. Read more at http://www.china-threat.com

February 4, 2012 at 7:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Smith

Can Piers Morgan stop interrupting Ron Paul? I am more interested in hear Mr. Paul finish a sentence when asked a question than having news anchors interrupt him to make him look bad. If CNN is interested in my ratings than let Mr. Paul speak!

February 4, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Joce

I already have a few isailmr Guitars, this by far has got the best value. Rather impressive. Started buying New Pro Quality Morgan Monroe Vintage Style Acoustic Guitar W Case Mv 4, look at this web page for guides and critical reviews.The materials might possibly be the best. My newest activity is a Morgan Monroe Mv Ec 45 Acoustic Electric And Case which I have had for a long time.

March 3, 2012 at 8:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ujang

There has been much speculation over the years as to what kind of iucsibt i represent, or what iucsibt represents me most accurately.. I'm not sure that there is any solid foundation, or indeed a single crumb of truth in this burgeoning pseudoscience of Biscuitology .I'm sure there may well be a sociologist or psycho analyst out there who puts some stock in a man's choice of crunchy companion, and the things it can reveal about the muncher. I personally feel that the Nobel prize for science will likely elude these people for some time yet.Yet, for fun, let's have a look at some of the selection put forward as potential candidates..The Hobnob, a mighty confection.. Ellicits a sense of Wholesome ruggedness, with an underlying sweetness.. Not sure i have the shoulders for that.. or the underlying sweetness.. or being wholesome..Jammy dodger, a cheeky scamp of a iucsibt, a lovable rogue.. yet, going by my life and my luck, i'm not very jammy ....Mind you come to think of it neither is a jammy dodger these days.The Boubon cream, Simplicity itself, quietly satisfying and subtle.. Reliable and trustworthy. You know where you stand with a Bourbon cream.Probably blown that one out of the water already too..I don't think i'm any one particular iucsibt, I am merely what ever iucsibt needed at that moment in time.. A people's iucsibt, an everybiscuit..And failing that, just the broken pieces and dusty crumbs left in the bottom of the tub.

April 2, 2012 at 7:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Arif

Hah! How funny! My husband has reetend giveaways for me before too. I just love that it his stack o' fabrics though. Lucky, lucky man. ;0)

March 4, 2012 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Betji

Well I don't get it first of all. If you need new clothing why don't your ratenps buy it for you? You're 13, right? So why can't you rely on your ratenps for clothing (unless it's like a designer brand, of course)? No offense, but your ratenps must be mean if they insist on you making your own money just to buy clothes for the season.When you're 13 your body changes alot and you gain and lose weight. I know this because I'm around your age, too. My ratenps buy me clothes every few months when I outgrow them. Just not designer brands. And we're not rich, either. We can afford this. Kmart has some great stuff, and Walmart and Macy's and Sears. If people make fun of you for shopping there, just ignore them, because they're probably snobbish brats. Everyone shops at Kmart. Even rich people.Anyways, you can try putting up flyers for baby-sitting at the school or grocery stores. 30$ is a little too much to be charging unless it's a baby/infant or you're baby-sitting for a while. Ask your friend's if they have any friends or relatives with children who need to be babysat. Just keep trying for a month. And meanwhile, ask your ratenps why they insist on you making money for your own clothes.Hope this helps!! Kudos!

April 2, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Panambi

Lol. Jon at least you have a sense of humor.. I love it. Hey any chance we can see that email he sent you? I would love to put it up on FB for all to see. You can bkloacut any personal info if need be. I would appreciate it. Thanks for your response.

April 4, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply