Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

February 9th, 2012

Ivanka Trump on President Obama: "I really wanted him to do a great job and I think that he hasn't"

As the economy remains a major focus in America, tonight Ivanka Trump joins Piers Morgan to share her expertise on the nation's financial future:

"It's a very, very difficult climate to borrow money. And the people who need to borrow money, and don't have the capital, find it incredibly difficult to do so," says Trump. "We're in a very good position. We have great lenders we work with, and we're in the position to borrow which in real estate's great."

The daughter of the man known as "The Donald," Trump shares her father's political perspective that the country is in need of new leadership:

"I really wanted Obama to be successful. I had doubts like a lot of people had doubts when he came into office, but I really wanted him to do a great job, and I think that he hasn't."

Tune in to "Piers Morgan Tonight" at 9pm ET/PT as the businesswoman and heiress reveals more from her personal life, and details what life was like growing up around her famous dad.

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Becket

PIERS IS A SLIMY CHARACTER AS ARE MOST OF THE PEOPLE HE INTERVIEWS. jUST CHECK HIS WORK RECORD IN THE UK!

February 9, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Common_Sense_1962

What we all forget is what President Obama took over from the Bush Administration and the legal morass that surrounded the truth on many of the countries issues. Unfortunately by the time he clarified the situation and found supports who did not appear to want to abstain from dealing with reality he was two to three years into his term. Let's be honest President Obama was given a real challenge that had been painted over many times. Look at the last 6 months as to what he had done for the USA and the world. Clean up is always hard when everyone wants to party all the time. He has done a remarkable job and I for one am surprised he has kept his dignity through it all. I for one would not have. To the Trumps. Stay in Hotels an Construction.

February 11, 2012 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Stefi

She is her father's daughter you cannot expect more!!!

February 9, 2012 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Dave

Ivanka Trump: really, Piers? How many more times do we have to witness your fawning over the guy who 'woke up on third and thought he hit a triple' and/or his family?

February 9, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Nancy B.

All I can say is one big YUK! Piers you can do better then this waste of time, I don't know who you're more in love with her or her nasty a** father. Come on CNN finish this guys contract! Every week it only gets worse! Please!

February 10, 2012 at 12:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. alice

Wow! With everything going on in the world you are still on Trump hair and kissing Trump butt. Is this a news show??

February 10, 2012 at 1:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. punksatanni phil

So much for fair and balanced reporting! I am very disapponted with your assessment of Donald, such a great American, that declared BANCKRUPTICY four years ago ? Piers, you really support a rich powerful republican that wants the resources of AMERICA controlled by and for the RICH. Well I hope you will enjoy your FAWNNY points with Ivanka, and I'm sure she cares as much for your foreign .....! Why don't you have a show on Donald's BANCKRUPTICY, I'm sure there won't be any republican backlash, and I'm sure this message will never meet the light of day.

February 10, 2012 at 1:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Disgusted

I am pleased to read and know that I am not the only one that thinks Piers is a joke! What gives? He is so in love with the Trumps. Surprised me (a little) because I did not think he was capable of loving anything more than himself. interesting how he constantly interrupts the majority of people he interviews whilst they try answer his questions, and yet will allow the Trumps to drole on about how great they are! Piers I recommend that you go back and watch a few re runs of King! When interviewing a person, first ask an intelligent question, then, Shut Up, And Listen! I shouldn't you will though, as I think your head is so far up....that you won't be able to hear anything!

February 10, 2012 at 8:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. rose macaskie.

piers morgan does some great stuff, like his stuff with michel moore and he does cut off the more republican of his guest before they can get in too much propoganda, which is more than what happens on a lot of CNN programs, they are so keen on giving everyone a fair chance to talk, on provign their fairness, that they let republicans use their discussions as a platform in which to reach their base or to get new converts by arguement fair or fouls as if to stop them when they use unfair arguements would be for CNN reporters to have unecessary bais. I Lilke a lot of what Piers Morgan does , I dont think it is easy to get to know a lot of different people if you are always pulling up the ones you don't approve of for the things about them you dont approve of so i dont mind his not questioning them on those things about thenm i dislike, I do love whatching people and how they go on so I like listening to them when they are with people who give them a lot of lea way, but i do disapprove of reality shows and paparazzi so I think Piers has a lot in his passed to make up for. rose macaskie madrid

February 10, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Barbara

Who the heck cares what Ivanka has to say? Could Morgan possibly stick his nose up the Trumps butts any further? Do any of the Trump family members ever intend to strike out on their own or are they intent on kowtowing to the "Chump" (oops, meant Trump) forever? Perhaps if they did show some independence and backbone, we could place more credence in their opinions...otherwise STFU!

February 13, 2012 at 2:14 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Yutaka

Reminds me of an old Star Trek episode, where .But I admit I don't know squat about nlucear radiation, except what I read online.

March 3, 2012 at 7:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Addobea

She is evidently speaking in respect to Obama's performance in restoring the economy. His success in foreign policy and popularity hitherto is undoubtedly unrivaled! Especially upon inheriting from the Bush administration, such disorder pertaining foreign policy . However by taxing the rich and business owners alike he has shown little comprehension of the way America works and therefore has floundered to even slightly repair the economy. I agree with her when she says she really wanted him to do well as the economy is where America yearned for change the most.

September 23, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply