Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

February 22nd, 2012

Chris Christie on the "Santorum Surge": "Congratulations...that doesn't mean I've got to buy it"

On Tuesday, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie welcomed Piers Morgan into his "lair" for a candid, and revealing interview.

In the exclusive sit down, Mitt Rommey's top surrogate made it rather clear that he's not a believer in the recent push by Republican adversary Rick Santorum.

"The Santorum surge is...a juicy bone," suggested the "Piers Morgan Tonight" host. "It's exciting."

"Congratulations...that doesn't mean I've got to buy it!" came Christie's response. "He won three contests in an evening. Congratulations.  And that's great.  Good for him."

As the entertaining and engaging conversation continued, the Garden State Governor suggested it's far too early to draw any conclusions from the "Santorum Surge":

"I'm really not feeling the surge when we've given out, what, 10 percent of the delegates," questioned Christie. "You know, talk to me when we're at 50, 60 percent of the delegates and then we can start seeing if anybody has got a surge yet or not."

Watch the clip, and listen to the interview, as Christie goes on to reveal exactly what it will take to get his candidate – Mitt Romney – elected president.

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Clips From Last Night
  1. James Marchitto

I am a HUGE GREEN guy so this is about US humans saving the earth. Being a part of the SOLUTION and not continuing to be a contributor to the problem.
    I need help. I have a dream. My dream is to get thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands of people to start using XFT in Los Angeles California.
    If you can assist me in informing the people I would be most grateful.
    XFT will decrease emissions by a minimum of 33% if only people knew that I believe they would be adding XFT to their fuel. I know all good people would do that. P.S. an added benefit for the WIIFM people is it makes you money just by adding it to your tank so no one ever loses $$$ it only makes $$$ for people while it helps clear the air of the harmful pollution we do not need to be breathing into our lungs. Thank you to Piers Morgan and all in advance for your assistance and support. I have had a revelation and I will not rest until my goal is accomplished

February 22, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Ann Pinney

Governor Christie is a clear-thinking individual. He knows his mind, the facts and refuses to be railroaded by some hack pundit like Piers Morgan. I don't even agree with Christie's stands on gay marriage, but I respect the clarity of positions and the clear understanding that in the end it is the people who decide. It is the job of the politician to enforce the decision–clearly something the current career politicians are missing in the Obama administration as well as Congress. Christie for President! I could get excited about that!

February 22, 2012 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Moshe

uh where exactly on the page is this tivong link? seriously cannot see a button and nothing showed up for an in-page text search. i viewed cyndi's video, but can't seem to find any invitation for actually tivong.

April 2, 2012 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Rodrigo

Shannon Hernandez – Something so innocent about these ones. I don't know who these bufetiaul girls are but these pictures are so sweet, they're bufetiaul!

March 3, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Ragini

He played rttepy much the same songs while he was taping a show at Illinois Ohio Valley Trophy Hunts the first week of October this year. I have it all on tape plus many great pics of him and MY deer! haha Great guy, even if he did dog me on tickets to see him in concert a few days later in Rochester, NY.Posted by: Kyerman

March 4, 2012 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Roxy

Andy,Since we're delving so deelpy into this topic, I'd like to tread into another territory that isn't covered by employement statistics. I call it the willfully unemployed, and I know of no way to track it. I'll give two examples.I know two people very well who work hard during the summertime. They put in long hours for 9-10 months of the year to make a hefty paycheck. One of these guys is a construction worker making in excess of $50,000 per year, and the other is a agricultural insurance adjuster who makes just under $50,000 per year. What do they do in the winter? They collect unemployment. I don't think that this is a just policy. These people are prefectly able to work during the winter months. Stop and Go is always hiring, but they refuse. And it's not like $50,000 a year is enough to live on. However, these seasonal employees tend to get lumped into the unemployed sector of the populace at large.The second category of people are the ones who refuse to take employment because their paychecks would be comparable to what they make on unemployment. So a person can only make $20,000 to $25,000 a year working at Stop and Go. When they are collecting that with their unemployment check from their $50,000 a year job, where is the incentive to go back to work?We will never know how many people people fit into these categories, but it raises yet another important point. Why are we incenting people to not work? I can understand if there are simply no jobs out there, and I know that there are parts of the country where that is the case (Michigan, Rhode Islan). However, 90% of this country has an over-abundance of work available. The problem is, many middle class families have to much pride to work those jobs even if it is only temporary.

April 4, 2012 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Marek

christie -wow! great preview of baby kiera and big bhteror AJ. thanks again for taking the time to capture these can't wait to see the rest.john (aka Kiera and AJ's daddy )

May 20, 2012 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |