Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

February 29th, 2012

Clips From Last Night: Political panel on a potential brokered convention; Jan Brewer on delivering AZ for Romney

In the aftermath of Tuesday's primaries in Arizona and Michigan, last night Piers Morgan hosted an all-star panel of political pundits, all charged with analyzing the results, and providing perspective for the future.

As Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum continue to battle for votes – with neither candidate seemingly able to establish themselves as a dominant front-runner – Michael Reagan and Andrew Breitbart both feel a brokered convention is a legitimate possibility:

"If there is a genuine sense that Mitt Romney can't close the deal, people are going to start getting nervous," said Breitbart, a "Washington Times" commentator.

"Eleven-hundred and forty-four delegates, you got to get there," added Reagan, an author and political strategist. "And if you have Santorum splitting the delegate count with Mitt Romney, he's not going to get the eleven-hundred forty-four he's going to need to go into that convention."

As the panel moved forward, the host of "Piers Morgan Tonight" touched upon the possibility of another candidate emerging as a new Republican option. Neither Amy Holmes nor Carol Roth thought it was a viable idea:

"It's really hard to see who that person would be," said Holmes, a news anchor on Glenn Beck's "GBTV". "Chris Christie, he's said over and over 'No! No! No!' he's not going to do it. Jeb Bush just recently said he's not sure even if he has anything in common with the Republican party anymore, so I don't see him jumping in."

"I think certainly Jeremy Lin of the Knicks would be the obvious choice for momentum here, and he went to Harvard," joked Roth, an author and business strategist. "Chris Christie or Marco Rubio are clearly the front-runners here."

Also on Tuesday's special midnight show, Morgan welcomed Governor Jan Brewer of Arizona. A Republican and Romney surrogate, she shared reaction after delivering her state:

"I'm feeling like it was a big win in Arizona, and we're just really pleased that the people rallied around the man that we believe can move forward and beat President Obama."

Watch the clip, as Brewer details her support for Romney, and explains what she sees as the potential vulnerabilities of Barack Obama.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Clips From Last Night
  1. Dancer

amelia you were so amazing and rexlaed! it really made it easy for us to be ourselves so you could capture our family and my love for nicole!!

June 30, 2012 at 3:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. frolep rotrem

I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme? Great work!

February 7, 2021 at 12:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. zortilonrel

Have you ever thought about writing an ebook or guest authoring on other sites? I have a blog based upon on the same information you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my visitors would value your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.

February 7, 2021 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Europa-Road traktor szállítás

There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.

February 9, 2021 at 3:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. vreyrolinomit

I discovered your blog site on google and check a few of your early posts. Continue to keep up the very good operate. I just additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to reading more from you later on!…

February 25, 2021 at 9:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. vreyrolinomit

I have fun with, result in I found exactly what I used to be looking for. You have ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

February 26, 2021 at 2:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Dan Klave

Howdy! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I truly enjoy reading through your blog posts. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same subjects? Thanks a ton!

March 11, 2021 at 10:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. zortilonrel

This is the suitable blog for anyone who needs to seek out out about this topic. You realize so much its nearly onerous to argue with you (not that I actually would need…HaHa). You definitely put a brand new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Nice stuff, just nice!

March 11, 2021 at 11:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. zortilo nrel

I've been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this blog. Thank you, I will try and check back more often. How frequently you update your website?

March 21, 2021 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Julian Tempel

Good – I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your web site. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs and related info ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, site theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Nice task.

March 25, 2021 at 7:02 am | Report abuse | Reply