Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

March 1st, 2012

Piers Morgan on Andrew Breitbart: "A fascinating character, complex, very divisive"

In the wake of Andrew Breitbart's surprising death, Piers Morgan spoke candidly with Brooke Baldwin on "CNN Newsroom" earlier today.

The conservative blogger was a regular guest of "Piers Morgan Tonight," appearing as recently as Tuesday evening following the Republican primaries in Arizona and Michigan.

Sitting across the table from Breitbart less than two days ago, Morgan says he saw nothing to indicate any health issues: "He looked really good, and we said that on air. I'm just as shocked as anybody about what's happened."

The "Washington Times" commentator frequently served on political panels for "Piers Morgan Tonight," drawing rave reviews from the host:

"You always knew with Andrew, he had a ferocious brain, incredible energy," remembered Morgan. "I didn't agree with a lot of what he said, but I loved the passion with which he said it."

Tune in at 9 p.m. ET/PT as friends and colleagues, including Arianna Huffington and Dana Loesch, reflect on Breitbart's short life.

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers On CNN
  1. Gladhegone

People like Breitbart contribute exactly zero good..... Adios Mof

March 1, 2012 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Marilyn

I wish he would have taken Hannity, Rush, Palin and all the other big mouths that shame our country when they bad mouth our leader president Obama.

March 1, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. vicky

My sincere sympathy goes to his family. He will be greatly missed.

March 1, 2012 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sandy

Got no love for you if you don't respect the oebgddall. That was the second most greatest day of my life. If loving oebgddall is wrong, I don't want to be right I could go on for days.

April 3, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Yuji

What could I build as practice for dinlbuig my own home one day?I've got experience laying tile, constructing furniture and sanding finishing wood. How about a small shed? Like, an 8x8x8 shed on a concrete foundation? I'm sure I could do it, but is there a better beginner structure or something I can build? I don't want to start with a birdhouse I know I can do that, unless you insist.Maybe steps I could take up to a house, like starting smaller and simpler, and moving up to bigger and more complicated things?Just to reiterate, I want to get hands-on experience that will prepare and test me on the skills to dinlbuig my own house in the future.

April 5, 2012 at 12:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. dan bloom

RIP, a very curious man! Perhaps he knew he had heart condition and his life line was going to be short, so he used
    all his energy in this life to push his ideas and agenda, very little of which I agreed with, but he was an interesting guy from a PR POV. He knew how to milk the media, and he WAS Drudge's Beatch as he said himself. On last appearance on Piers show, Andrew came clean-shaven, first time every, and he looked GOOD! Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. Danny Bloom far away in Taiwan, 1949-2032

March 2, 2012 at 6:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Burton Clower

Well, he's dead.I feel sorry for Davy Jones.

March 2, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Ahmad

tell them gilgamesh one world ergvonment means a a one world dictator , which means he wont care about people if they die. globalists is straight fom ther pitts of hell, ppl who think u have to have a 1 world or new world order is honestly a person who hasnt done their research and to stupid to think outside the box, when they want to chip and an everythingh else let the idiots go 1st and then we will have our guns and go down fighting

April 2, 2012 at 8:26 am | Report abuse | Reply