Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

March 8th, 2012

Cindy McCain speaks out against Rush Limbaugh, shares her views on Kirk Cameron's comments, and talks "KONY 2012"

Philanthropist Cindy McCain sat down with Piers Morgan last night to talk politics and hot topics. With the country still reeling from Rush Limbaugh's "slut" and "prostitute" comments a week ago, (more than 10 advertisers have withdrawn since the incident) McCain joined the camp of those denouncing the radio host:

"I was horribly offended," she said. "He does not speak for the Republican party. He does not run the party. How can you as a country be the beacon of hope and light around the world if we can not respect our own?"

Around the same time Limbaugh drew the public ire for his remarks, actor Kirk Cameron found himself drawing negativity for anti-gay statements he made on Friday's airing of "Piers Morgan Tonight."

While McCain didn't agree with Cameron's comments, she did suggest the incident could become a teaching moment: "It's a lesson in tolerance. Isn't it wonderful here that we can agree to disagree?"

As the face-to-face sit down with the conservative businesswoman continued, the topic turned to a new internet video, "KONY 2012", which has quickly gone viral in it's effort to overthrow Ugandan guerrilla group leader Josephy Kony. Since its launch by the non-government organization "Invisible Children," the video has received more than 25 million hits, and McCain endorses the efforts, calling Kony "the worst kind of human being," adding: "I am so glad that this issue is taking off."

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

1. Raylando

All media outlets make the rote response to this effort: "South Africa's problems are complex, the Invisible Children Organization may not be equipped to deliver a solution..." OK MY input is this: The 'right people' who can effect a resolution know who they are and they should act. Regardless of the complexity of ALL of Africa's problems..this is one that should be dealt with very strait forward..YOU HAVE A CRIMINAL. Kony is not a political force or National leader, he is a criminal no different than Jim Jones. There are plenty of responses available for a police action to take out this abhorrent human being. If we can't put out bush fires then how far off is our egotistical National stance that we can tame the Sun and Stars!

March 8, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Shelly R.

This woman is freakin nuts! I support Kirk Cameron 10000% – gays are living in a sinful nature – this CNN is the most ridiculous reporting I've ever read! Talk about a bunch of hypocrites! You people at CNN need to learn what responsible journalism is! Yes another McCain thinking she knows everything about everything?? I can't STAND Obama as POTUS and McCain would've been just as bad – bunch of idiots spewing nothing but garbage!!!! This country is in the crapper thanks to all these idiotic politicians, news outlets, and people like this dumb woman who thinks her opinion really matters!!! It's so laughable!!! Hey Piers....how bout sticking to the topic of the interview with Kirk instead of trying to raildroad him you piece of garbage "journalist"!! Gays are living in sin, hate to say it, but God will judge them all one day and will also judge people like you that feel the need to back people into a corner and try to make them look bad....I'd hate to be you come judgement day!!!!!!!

March 9, 2012 at 12:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kevin M

Shelly – you are obviously filled with hatred, fear and ignorance. Thats why you turn to religion. Try turning to those around you, unless they're close minded individuals like yourself in which case you need to meet new people. I used to get angry reading posts like yours but over time I've actually just started to feel sorry for people like you. What a horrible way to go through life, judging and hating people you don't know. Don't die miserable and alone- embrace life and the diversity that surrounds you. You'll be a much happier person if you do.

March 9, 2012 at 11:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Rhea

I agree with you Kevin. The "religious right" filled with more hatred.

March 9, 2012 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
      • KTEXPRESS

It looks like you don't believe in the Bible or God to say what you just said. The Bible speaks against it. Not only a sin but worse as an an abomination. Since you believe we should accept everything that people want to do, I guess If someone wants to marry a child or mess with an animal or have 10 wives or decide they don't like somebody just kill them or do away with them that it's alright. Funny how the Bible say's in the end days we will call good bad and bad good.

March 9, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
      • Steve

Yes, you're absolutely right, Kevin. It's so ironic that many of the people who publicly claim to be all about love and spiritual peace are actually brainwashed by their religious doctrines to be mean-spirited and filled with hate. It really is sad to see this religious-right group so internally conflicted and self-loathing that they feel compelled to judge others in order to feel better about themselves.

March 9, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Rhea

Cindy McCain is in another world than the one I live in. When asked about her husband's choice of Sarah Palin, how could she say with such conviction that the "left" is so critical of republican women in politics, and that the "right" didn't do that. Really???? The "right" demonized Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton to name a few. Sarah Palin has done absolutely nothing for this country but make money for herself going around demonizing Democrats and President Obama. Seriously, Cindy!!! And Piers.............you don't have the knowledge of our political history to call her out on that?????

March 9, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Wake up Cindy

Cindy McCane should have taken charge and keep Sara Palien far away from her husband. What has Sara Pailen done realy?

March 9, 2012 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. how to make bubble hash

I am now not positive the place you're getting your information, but good topic. I must spend some time finding out more or figuring out more. Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this information for my mission.

April 6, 2012 at 3:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Scentsy,Scentsy Candles,Scentsy Wickless Candles,Buy Scentsy,Buy Scentsy Products,Buy Scentsy Products Online,Buy Scentsy Candles,Buy Scentsy Wickless Candles,Buy Scentsy Online,Buy Scentsy Candles Online,Shop for Scentsy,Shop for Scentsy Products,Shop fo

Hello there, I discovered your website by the use of Bing whilst looking for a comparable matter, your web site came up. I have added it to my bookmarks. Thanks for the share!

April 8, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. click this

Heya i am for the primary time here. I found this board and I in finding It really helpful & it helped me out much. I hope to give one thing again and aid others such as you aided me.

April 17, 2012 at 1:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Farrah Coombe

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you really realize what you're talking approximately! Bookmarked. Kindly additionally consult with my website =). We could have a hyperlink change arrangement among us!

July 24, 2012 at 12:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. detectives privados en pozuelo

detectives privados pinto

December 10, 2020 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. bitcoin to paypal

Transfer from bitcoin to paypal very fast and low cost.

December 15, 2020 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Margareta Ogier

Hi” i think that you should add captcha to your blog”

January 12, 2021 at 12:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Abe Nenno

For most recent information you have to go to see internet and on the web I found this site as a best web page for most up-to-date updates.

January 19, 2021 at 10:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Tatyana Surminec

Social network traffic Facebook likes Twitter Followers Instagram Followers and much more

January 28, 2021 at 12:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Teddy Domingez

January 28, 2021 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Make-money-in auto-pilot-2021

Get Our Passive Income System – Step 1: Get our ready made niche websites, Step 2: Setup your Paypal account. Step 3: Run our Unlimited Traffic System from 850 sources of traffic (Approximately 35000 views a day guaranteed). Then just wait and earn your income 100 on autopilot. More info: https://www.k3reviews.com/2020/08/16/monster-mode-700k/

January 30, 2021 at 7:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Cleo Megivern

Earn $200/Day With Our Elite Passive Income System – Best Autopilot income system 2021

February 6, 2021 at 10:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Usha Cully

February 13, 2021 at 12:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. 1500 USA-Visitors-Daily

Create a profitable digital marketing strategy and plan: https://www.seoclerk.com/Virtual-Assistant/840836/I-will-create-a-profitable-digital-marketing-strategy-and-plan

February 16, 2021 at 9:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Bryon Fadely

One of my favorite sites. I am currently learning Spanish.Learn Spanish Online for Free

February 16, 2021 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Stanford Eroh

I'm really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it’s rare to see a great blog like this one today..

March 4, 2021 at 10:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Bo Kura

March 6, 2021 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. https://sharecg.com/bbcboxes

Magnificent items from you, man. I've bear in mind your stuff prior to and you are just extremely excellent.
    I actually like what you've bought right here, really like
    what you're saying and the way in which wherein you say
    it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to stay
    it sensible. I can not wait to learn much more from you.

This is really a tremendous site.

April 10, 2021 at 8:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. mike

I like what you guys are up too. This kind of clever work and exposure!
    Keep up the good works guys I've included you guys to my personal blogroll.

my web page; mike