Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

March 30th, 2012

Clips From Last Night: Mike Tyson on losing his own and the Trayvon Martin case

In a primetime exclusive, last night Piers Morgan sat down with Mike Tyson to talk about his challenging life, and his new show "Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth – Live on Stage".

A few years ago, Tyson's daughter died, and on Thursday he told the "Piers Morgan Tonight" host that the experience was indescribable:

"I'm waiting for it to stop bothering, everything," Tyson said. "But some people say it never stops."

As the revealing interview continued, Tyson also shared his feelings on the story that's grabbed the nation's attention, the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

Like many Americans, Tyson is using the media coverage to draw his own conclusions:

"I just know that a young man shouldn't be dead from this ordeal," explained the former heavyweight champ. "I want to believe that Mr. [George] Zimmerman did something wrong and illegal, but I wasn't there."

Watch the clips, and listen to the interviews, as the boxing Hall of Famer reveals a candid and engaging side of his persona.

-–

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

1. Myree Rogers

Dear Piers, in your interview with George Zimmerman's brother, you conducted yourself as a complete, total, pathetic piece of a$$ wipe. You made numerous incorrect statements which showed you (or your researchers) had not even researched for facts. The video you commented on is of very poor quality and appears to show Zimmerman as a bald man when recent pictures show that he definitely isn't. And then you climbed up on the lynch-mob bandwagon with rapist Mike Tyson! Zimmerman's brother conducted himself with dignity and class.

March 30, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Marcie

How can you or any other so called journalist interview and entertain the views of a convicted Rapist and waste of life

March 30, 2012 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. malcolm

mercy, redemption, forgiveness...?

March 30, 2012 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Donald

I am a former Paramedic and Firefighter; if Mr Zimmerman had his head banged against concrete, he would have had a lot of bleeding a hematoma and possible fracture. The scalp and the head bleeds a lot because of all of the blood vessels that are near the scalp surface....The vidio at the police station indicated no such injuries.

March 30, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. ronnie coleman steroids

Thanks for the good writeup. It in reality was a amusement account it. Glance complicated to more brought agreeable from you! However, how can we keep up a correspondence?

March 31, 2012 at 12:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Susan

I think Mike is a really good person. Great show.

April 2, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. what is quantum physics

Magnificent submit, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector do not realize this. You must proceed your writing. I'm sure, you've a huge readers' base already!|What's Happening i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I'm hoping to contribute & assist other users like its aided me. Great job.

April 6, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. yoshimasa

What a total crap show, Tyson of all people comments on todays matters, always thought Piers Morgan was a fool now I know for sure. thank you

April 15, 2012 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. AirImpianti

No Comments As part of their support for Share Our Strength the 12for12k Challenge anonencus a collaboration with Pledge to End Hunger. Born from an idea by MediaSauce and Kompolt, Pledge to End Hunger is

May 20, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply