READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For March 30, 2012 – Brother says medical records will prove George Zimmerman's story, Japan says it will shoot down N. Korea rocket over territory; and record Mega Millions jackpot creates ticket-buying frenzy...
• Brother says medical records will prove George Zimmerman's story: "George Zimmerman's brother said medical records will prove that his brother was attacked and his nose was broken by Trayvon Martin before he fatally shot the teen."
• Japan says it will shoot down N. Korea rocket over territory: "Japan will shoot down any part of the long-range rocket that North Korea plans to launch next month that enters its territory, the Japanese defense minister, Naoki Tanaka, said Friday."
• Romney picks up key endorsement: "Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin endorsed Mitt Romney on Friday, ahead of his state's Tuesday primary. The chairman of the House Budget Committee said Romney is the best person to serve as president and the candidate most likely to beat President Barack Obama in the general election."
• There is no student loan 'crisis': " Total student loan debt has topped $1 trillion....but there's no need to panic. Most borrowers have a reasonable amount of debt, and the total balance is not likely to cause major damage to the economy like the mortgage crisis did, experts say."
• Record Mega Millions jackpot creates ticket-buying frenzy: "A historic $540 million jackpot is up for grabs Friday as the Mega Millions lottery is living up to its name. The jackpot, which lottery officials are calling 'the largest lottery jackpot in world history,' has captivated the nation, caused long lines at convenience stores and has many dreaming of creative ways to quit their jobs if they were to get the lucky numbers."
Hey Piers...why don't you lead Mike Tyson a little more in the direction of the answers you want to hear. What a joke!
Robert Zimmerman made Piers Morgan look ridiculous! What an incredibly calm, articulate individual.
Good morning Piers,
Saw your segment on Leno last night. Wow, what stupid, ignorant comments you made regarding Trayvon's death!
You said, "an unarmed boy with skittles," "one doesn't know the whole facts," "there shouldn't be people like Zimmerman running around with a gun."
You don't know the facts, yet you make conclusions based on your speculations! Is it possible that Trayvon was bigger than the picture being used by the media? ...that he was bigger in size than Zimmerman? Is it possible that the gun saved Zimmerman's life? Is it possible that Trayvon was the one attacking Zimmerman? Is it possible that it was self-defense? Is it possible that there was an eyewitness? Until the investigation has run its course, you cannot jump to conclusions and slam Zimmerman. As you said, you don't know the whole facts, yet you sure are quick to jump to conclusions.
You were irresponsible and are complicit with the race-baiters. You may really look stupid when this is over and the facts come out.
Where is wisdom? Where are the facts?
Further, I just read the police report http://media.myfoxchicago.com/pdf/zimmerman-report.pdf.
Here it shows that Trayvon was taller. Weight unknown. The police observed that Zimmerman was "bleeding from the nose and back of his head" and "that his back appeared to be wet and was covered with grass."
Seems to me that the scream recorded might indeed be, as his brother said, George and not Trayvon.
Hmmmm...could it be that that the major media AND YOU, have story all wrong?
Could not agree more, G. Smith.
In the past, I've been a fan of you charming, pointed personality. No longer. You are so obvious in you bias! You are borderline hostile toward your guests. It should not matter if you do or don't agree with their politics, position, experience or haircut! It is your job to allow them to give their side of whatever issue is being discussed. NOT by interupting, bullying, insulting, leading or criticizing ANYONE! You are not an authority on anything and you just need to do your job. Interview. Although I'm not a fan of Oprah Winfrey...I did admire her congenial manner when her guests had different political, social views than she.
You really should back off and know your place.
I never watch this show! I thought Larry King could have chosen someone more substantial than Pierce Morgan. But it's 4am and I' m channel surfing and saw the Toure interview. Toure got it right. Pierce sounded like a complete idiot when he said " he's been in the U.S. for 6-7 yrs." so he knows the undertones of racism. Pierce is not a real journalist just a popular peson whose claim to American fame is having won Celebrity Apprentice. Get off the airways and gain some knowledge! Use common sense, if you have any, CNN and do not renew this show!
When I watch CNN I expect to be informed not misled. We know the Sanford Police, FDLE and the FBI are fully investigating this case. For Mr. Morgan to state an arrest needs to take place before an investigation can begin is reckless and false. I have been very disappointed by CNN’s reporting on this issue. The simple facts to this case are so far no probable cause has been found. The Sanford police are not covering anything up they are following the law. FDLE and a special task force assigned by the Governor are also looking for probable cause and they too have not found it yet. The FBI is investigating this shooting and to date have not found any issues with the case.
Mr. Morgan the facts are this is the most investigated shooting in Florida that I can remember. Suggesting that no justice will occur until George Zimmerman is arrested is reckless and wrong. I thought CNN was better than that.
Thank you Piers for asking the tough questions in this interview. I cant waite for all of the truth to come out. The senselessness of someone chasing someone, told not to then shooting them and claiming to be the victim can only be a lie. Good job Piers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Z's brother - deny, deny, dent truth. Why did he bother to be interviewed on TV? Denies fact that you hear straight from his brother. The Police report indicates the event took place at 7:23PM EST. What's so odd about that? If you check the location George states he is at and where the body is located it means George ran after him roughly 1000 feet from his car.
George will eventually be arrested, a trial and conviction for reckless homicide. Oddly enough, I wish I could be on the jury.
I savour, result in I discovered exactly what I used to be taking a look for. You've ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye