READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For May 21, 2012 – New inquiry against Dominique Strauss-Kahn include allegations of gang rape, solar eclipse creates 'ring of fire' and Robin Gibb, member of the Bee Gees, dies after battle with cancer...
• New inquiry against Dominique Strauss-Kahn include allegations of gang rape: "French prosecutors have widened an investigation into former International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn's alleged participation in a prostitution ring. Authorities said Monday that Lille police will open a preliminary inquiry into acts that allegedly took place in Washington, which they believe could constitute gang rape."
• Solar eclipse projects 'ring of fire' across Asia and U.S.: "The shadow of the moon swept across the globe from Hong Kong to the Texas Panhandle as a rare annular solar eclipse began Monday morning in Asia and traversed the Pacific."
• More protests planned for Chicago NATO summit: "Protesters vowed to carry out disruptive demonstrations Monday in Chicago, a day after baton-wielding police clashed with demonstrators in a violent confrontation that left dozens injured just blocks from where NATO leaders were gathered."
• Facebook stock falls below IPO price: "Facebook's stock slid below its offering price in early trading Monday, following a lackluster day of trading when the stock debuted. Facebook (FB) fell as low as $34.97 in the first few minutes of trading before rebounding a bit to hover around $35."
• Robin Gibb, member of the Bee Gees, dies after battle with cancer: "Robin Gibb, one of three brothers who made up the group the Bee Gees behind 'Saturday Night Fever' and other now-iconic sounds from the 1970s, died on Sunday, according to a statement on his website. He was 62."