READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For June 28, 2012 – Supreme Court upholds entire health care law, calmer winds may aid Colorado firefighters in epic battle and Ann Curry steps down from 'Today' post...
• Supreme Court upholds entire health care law: "The Supreme Court has upheld the entire health care law by a vote of 5 to 4, Supreme Court Producer Bill Mears said. That includes the medicare provision.
• Calmer winds may aid Colorado firefighters in epic battle: "Calmer winds could help firefighters in Colorado gain ground Thursday on a formidable blaze that has devoured more than 18,500 acres and chased 36,000 people from their homes in Colorado Springs."
• House to vote on holding Attorney General Holder in contempt: "The U.S. House will vote Thursday on holding Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress for withholding documents involving the failed Fast and Furious weapons crackdown."
• News Corp. to split into 2 companies: "News Corp. confirmed Thursday that it is planning to split into two publicly traded companies, with one company for its television and film assets and the other including its publishing entities. News Corp. said that its board "authorized management to explore this separation" after a meeting on Wednesday."
• Ann Curry steps down from 'Today' post: 'Today' co-anchor Ann Curry confirmed speculation on Thursday with an announcement that she's stepping down from her anchor spot but not leaving the network. Curry told viewers that Thursday marks her last time co-hosting, but she will go on to tell stories for other NBC News shows, including 'Today.'"