Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

July 11th, 2012

Jack Hanna's advice when encountering a wild animal and he explains the uptick in wild animal attacks

On Tuesday evening, Piers Morgan invited Jack Hanna to the program to discuss the recent influx of reports regarding animal attacks in the U.S., including a Florida teenager who lost part of his arm in an alligator attack Monday.

Hanna's advice when encountering a wild animal is counter intuitive but very important: "Do not run. People - young people have to understand this," warned Hanna.

"They [wild animals] relate man to food," explained Hanna. "If people feed the gators, then the gator relates that person to food. If you leave your picnics in Montana or Idaho, wherever you're hiking in Arizona, or whatever state has black bears or grizzlies, you leave a food there at the picnic place, they're going to come back."

Hanna also provided insight as to why these alligator and crocodile attacks are more prevalent right now during breeding season:

"Alligators and crocodiles are some of the most aggressive creatures on the planet—they’ll take down a boat if you come up to their nest.”

Due to careful regulations in Florida Hanna said it’s very unlikely that you will be attacked by these dangerous reptiles. Watch the clips and listen to the interview as Hanna gives advice and shares his knowledge of animal attacks.

-–
Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

1. Griff.

"Ever performed on Karaoke, Piese? I must have done it seven or eight hundred times, and I will do it again on friday.
    It's adictive, when you're told 'That was beautiful.'."

July 11, 2012 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. worldcares

I like this interview.
    The attacks are not uncommon. With all the various forms of media now, they jump on a story and try to sensationalize it.
    Reminds me of yellow journalism.

July 12, 2012 at 2:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Courtney

I loved this because animals are a passion of mine, but Everytime jack would talk he was cut off by Piers. He would be in mid sentence and just cut off. I felt bad for him and I wanted to hear many of the facts.

November 24, 2012 at 5:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Courtney

I do like piers and think he is a good host. I just think he cut jack Hanna off too much when he was trying to get something out.

November 24, 2012 at 5:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. frolep rotrem

Thank you for another informative site. The place else may I am getting that type of info written in such an ideal method? I've a project that I'm just now operating on, and I've been at the look out for such info.

February 6, 2021 at 8:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. zortilonrel

Great line up. We will be linking to this great article on our site. Keep up the good writing.

February 7, 2021 at 7:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Fókuszpályázat

Hello, you used to write great, but the last few posts have been kinda boringK I miss your great writings. Past few posts are just a little bit out of track! come on!

February 9, 2021 at 4:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. vreyrolinomit

I've recently started a site, the info you offer on this web site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work. "The inner fire is the most important thing mankind possesses." by Edith Sodergran.

February 26, 2021 at 10:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. zortilo nrel

What i don't realize is in truth how you're now not really a lot more smartly-liked than you might be now. You are very intelligent. You realize thus significantly with regards to this subject, produced me for my part consider it from so many various angles. Its like men and women are not fascinated unless it’s something to do with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs great. All the time maintain it up!

March 21, 2021 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Jessia Dunleavy

Very nice info and straight to the point. I don't know if this is actually the best place to ask but do you guys have any ideea where to get some professional writers? Thank you 🙂

March 25, 2021 at 4:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. stornobrzinol

I'm also writing to let you know of the exceptional experience my wife's daughter went through viewing your web site. She learned a wide variety of details, including what it is like to have an ideal teaching heart to get most people completely comprehend a number of very confusing subject matter. You truly did more than people's desires. Thanks for rendering the essential, trustworthy, explanatory as well as easy tips on that topic to Sandra.

May 15, 2021 at 4:58 am | Report abuse | Reply