READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For July 12, 2012 – Penn State officials concealed Jerry Sandusky's activities, Southwest heats up as rest of U.S. cools down and fifth moon discovered orbiting Pluto...
• Penn State officials concealed Sandusky's activities: "An internal probe into the Penn State child sex abuse scandal found that top university officials, including former president Graham Spanier and then-head football coach Joe Paterno, concealed allegations of abuse by ex-assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky to "avoid the consequences of bad publicity."
• At least 9 dead in French avalanche, police say: "At least nine mountain climbers were killed when a six-foot-thick wall of snow came crashing down on them in the French Alps on Thursday, French police said."
• Reacting to boos, Mitt Romney goes off-script: "Mitt Romney was met with a round of boos Wednesday during his speech at the NAACP convention in Houston, after he voiced his goal to repeal 'Obamacare.'"
• Investors on edge: "U.S. stocks opened lower Thursday as fears about a global economic slowdown resurfaced. Investors shrugged off a decline in the number of initial claims for unemployment benefits filed in the holiday-shortened week ended July 7."
• Fifth moon discovered orbiting Pluto: "Almost exactly one year after discovering dwarf planet Pluto's fourth moon – though not before actually naming poor little P4 – NASA announced Wednesday a fifth moon has been discovered orbiting the ex-planet."