Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

July 13th, 2012

Tom Mesereau on his former client: "I never questioned his sanity"

In the wake of his highly publicized and provocative interview with actor Robert Blake, last night Piers Morgan continued to conversation. The host sat down with the former lawyer of the "Baretta" star to discuss the mental state of his one-time client. Tom Mesereau briefly defended Blake when he was tried for the 2001 murder of his wife before the attorney and actor parted ways.

Morgan played Mesereau a clip from the contentious interview, where Blake said "I think I'm sort of a mutation, or a sub-species" when questioned about his sanity.

The host asked Mesereau if he ever questioned his client's sanity while representing him. Mesereau defended Blake:

"No, I didn't," Mesereau stated matter-of-factly. He went on to explain "I mean, he was troubled, he was hurt, he'd been through 11 months in Los Angeles county jail– much of it in isolation. Terrible food, terrible conditions– you can't sleep, you can't get the medication you need. He was at an advanced age, he was wrongfully accused– I don't blame him for being terribly upset, but I never questioned his sanity."

Since the interview many viewers have weighed in on the erratic behavior of the irate entertainer– saying his behavior was all an act. Morgan took this question to his lawyer:

"Was he acting at all last night?" Morgan asked. "Some people have said to me...he's a great actor, putting on a great performance to try and put himself back into the public domain."

Mesereau once again came to the defense of Blake:

"I don't think he was acting, I think he was being himself," Mesereau asserted. "I thought he was very expressive– he even said himself at one point he may have overreacted to some of your questions, a little bit. And he's a human being– so, no I don't blame him."

Watch the clip, and listen to the interview, as Mesereau defends his former client.

-–
Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Clips From Last Night • The Big Story
  1. Lynn

Re the Robert Blake interview. FIrst, why does CNN bleep out every swear word, but not when the Lord's name is spoken in vain. Also, I found it curious that R Blake talked about his relatiionship with God and gave him thanks, etc, yet continued to use his name in vain. Piers should have called him on that.

July 13, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. brando tango

Mickey the midget made the potato head slime ball
    look like the idiot bigot that he is.
    Donald Duck would be a great guest for "charli."

July 13, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Name*Beverly J. Mendoza

Morgan master still of provocation. Shows no compassion. Re: Blake
    Beverly Joyce Stephens Hubbell Mendoza
    PH: 818 731 7464

July 13, 2012 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. TB

Hello Piers

You just had an incredible interview with Mr. Blake. I know he was hurt and has been hurt over the public's opinion of him in regards to what happened to his wife. And he is right in saying that if he wanted to kill her he could have easily with the money he used to have. And in my opinion, with the money he made I have no doubt Thank you, Piers for bringing him "out" into the world again. I have been a big fan. I don't know him personally but I tell you, it is really sad he got mixed up with all that has happened over his wife's death.
    And one more thing, I can't help but think he reminds me of Picasso in his later years. So I nominate Mr Blake for that part just to see him again on film. He's right. He is extremely talented. He needs to work again!

July 13, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Pam

Unfortunate... I have been watching you Piers since you started. I like you, but I think that tonight you came across as a bully and an almost sleezy reporter who was trying to dredge up a story that has already been told and played out. He agreed without signing any agreement to talk about the book. Bonnie was not in the book. You were really pushing to try and delve into that scenario. It appeared that you were trying to find out something that noone else could devulge. You disappointed me tonight. I think Robert kicked your ass! You did not play fair and it showed.

July 13, 2012 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Neville Thorley

Great interview. Riveting stuff. I agree with you in that Piers was being a bit of a bully but his job is to get information where others have not. I don't think Robert Blake deserves a great deal of compassion. and he certainly was not acting in this interview. His anger was a classic reaction of a man tormented by his guilt.
      And yes, he could play Picasso. There is always one last role out there for him even though he is ostracised by everyone in show business!

July 13, 2012 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • D'Maria

I so agree with you Pam and moreso, I am so angry. I have loved Robert Blake since I was very young. My whole family loved the Little Rascals and Barretta. He is an American Icon. He was aquitted of the murder of his wife, and trusted Pier to talk about his book. Piers stabbed Robert in the back. Piers is a bully and acted so nonchalante as to antagonizing the actor because he knew Robert had issues. Piers does not deserve to be a host in our American Televison. He is the worst, imo. My mom and I both watched the show and Piers acted so innocent as to how he treated Robert, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Piers was doing his best to bring Robert into a rage. I am buying two of Robert Blakes books to help hiim and hope every one does the same. The guy isn't perfect, yet he has had a rough life and entertained us for years. If I were a rich person, I would support Mr. Blake and gladly love to see him play a new role that all of us would remember. Something, he would be proud of, He deserves it. I feel that he was set up in 2001. He was scammed by a women whom had been married TEN times, that had serious issues and someone took her out and let Robert take the fall. That's what I believe after hearing about this case and doing my own research. I will pray for Mr. Blake. I know he is hurting, and his fans will stand by him. I pray that he finds peace in his life and know that he is loved.I pray that Mr. Blake will have his movie and can live respectfully. As far as Piers goes, I wish he would "buggar off" back to England and involve himself in his OWN politics and celebritie,, because I will NEVER watch his "bully" show again. I so miss Larry King. How dare Piers have Robert Blake trust him to come on his show with the agreement to talk about his book and then stab the actor in the back. I wonder how Piers feels now that he attempted to destroy an icon to the AMERICAN FILM INDUSTRY to make himself look good. Oh and the worst nail in the coffin is idiot Piers is having Robert Blakes ex-inlaws on Monday night to turn the knife already placed in Roberts back. What a creepy guy this Piers Morgan is.

July 14, 2012 at 8:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Cameraman

I agree with your comments. I have been a cameraman for 34 years and have covered many stories with writers and producers from around the world. The Brit's like to use the "ambush style" when interviewing people in the field. There is no politeness. Piers is cut from the same cloth, but what really bothers me is he has no conversational skills with his guests. He has had so many good guests on the show but he just ruins every interview by not engaging in conversation with empathy. After the guest says something worth pursuing deeper, Piers just moves on to the next question on his blue cards. I am also baffled that CNN even chose him to replace Larry King... they should have someone like Charlie Rose. I have tuned in every night for years to see who the guest will be. I even liked it when viewers could call in. CNN dumped that idea probably because of the backlash Piers would get on-air. After watching the Blake interview, I've finally had it with that idiot host. His smugness is an insult to good journalism. I will never tune in again to see who's on at 9pm, I promise you that.

July 14, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
      • Clara

I fully agree with you D"Maria. The man agreed to go onto the show to discuss his book. No doubt that he had high hopes that his appearance on the Pierce Morgan show would help him to reconnect with his beloved audience. This man has been truly respected and loved by many generations. His accomplishments are remarkable for someone who started his life with little support systems in place. This man should truly be honored for those accomplishments. Robert Blake is a self made MAN, and I say that in capital letters for reasons most will agree with.

Pierce Morgan just would not let it go. He should have immediately moved on to talk about the book, or even 'The Little Rascals'. Mr. Blake made it known at the beginning of the interview that he DID NOT want to talk about Bonnie or her murder (He was acquitted and was NOT GUILTY of this alleged charge).

What kind of a human being would be so insensitive and exhibit little to no compassion toward a MAN who is obviously hurting and has endured much agony and pain? Pierce Morgan ought to be ashamed of himself. Pierce only served himself to appear as a cold- heartened, antagonistic, bigot of a bully.

Mr. Blake will come through this pitfall with flying colors. He will endure...Because he already has. He is presently climbing a mountain to move up and away from dark times. On his way up that mountain, Pierce Morgan appears in front of him (Like a large boulder), but Robert Blake was able to push that boulder aside and he carries on! I believe that much good will come to Robert because of the cool and intelligent way that he was able to handle this unexpected situation.

I know that most of Hollywood is talking about this today. Hopefully, someone from there will acknowledge the greatness of this MAN'S artistry and the remarkable one of a kind talent that Robert Blake is gifted with!

July 14, 2012 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dissaponted viewer

@Cameraman, I agree with you completely. I am stunned that he is still on the air and that CNN chose to replace Larry King with him. I have stopped tuning into this timeslot since, with very few exceptions (for the sake of a handful of very special guests). I cringe when I see him. I wish they had replaced him already. Everything about him is irritating. A self centered bully with no empathy. CNN, we beg you to do something about it! So many talented people here in the US! Please fix it!

July 15, 2012 at 10:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • DJ Stewart

A Canadian perspective. If you look 'pompous' up in the dictionary there should be a picture of the smarmy Piers Morgan. The absolute worst example of British tabloid journalism, who should have been taken down on the cell phone surveillance scandal in the U.K. I don't understand why in the U.S. it seems you can get a hosting gig if you walk upright and speak with a British accent. CNN, please send this guy packing. He is not an empathetic interviewer, he is 'polite rude' in his uptight, British way and he does not deserve this position on air with CNN. No wonder Blake lost it. Who will be next?

July 15, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
      • Monique Lacroix

For Gawd's sake....cant' you even write the word appropriately...another classic example of wha't wrong in the U.S.

July 16, 2012 at 2:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Ron

Pam is spot-on. I only heard the audio of the show – and Blake kicked Morgan's butt ! He convinced me. I want to see him in great movie next !

July 18, 2012 at 12:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Neville

I don't get it. "Robert Blake kicked Morgans ass?"
        It wasn't supposed to be a debate and nobody kicked anyone's ass.
        Robert Blake lost his head and I suspect not for the first time in his life.
        If it was not supposed to be a debate and if it was, Blake would barely have scored a point. He admitted himself that he has no friends and when asked why his only defence was "God loves me and that's the most important thing"
        Losing the civil case has something to do with what other people think about his alleged innocence. Now he is broke but ironically he will sell a lot of books through this controversial interview.

July 18, 2012 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  6. CM

Great show!

July 13, 2012 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. CM

I agree with you Pam it was a "ambush"

July 13, 2012 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Clara

Yes...It certainly was an unexpected ambush! I posted earlier and within the post I consistently spelled Piers' name wrong on purpose...PIERCE! For you see I believe that Piers "PIERCED" a beautiful heart and soul...that belongs to Robert Blake. Piers ought not to have done that!

July 14, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Bridgett Baril

If he wasn't guilty, he wouldn't have been so defensive. The two of them deserved each other. Water seeks it's own level!

July 13, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. 5freaks

madness and genius have been frequent bedfellows. I think the role of Picasso would be a triumph!!! wish I owned a movie company. P.S. to those of us in the mental health field, the interview did feel a little like a day at work. complex, compelling, intelligent and tortured a character is he. I'd watch it again for sure

July 13, 2012 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Awhim25

:  It is Piers in HYPE mode...not  blake. Blake seems to be a normal, fully present human being...even as Imperfect as he is.  Very interesting behavioral paradox...and a sign of the times.

July 13, 2012 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Neville Thorley

I don't think that you can call Robert Blake a normal guy by any stretch of the imagination. He is a tortured soul and is plagued by a guilty conscience.. His rage against the world in general was painfully obvious in the interview.. He has no friends, no money and is ostricised by Hollywood. He has hit rock bottom and if you ask me he is paying a higher price as a free man than if he was indeed convicted of the murder of his wife in the first place. Was Piers Morgan kicking a man when he was down? Yes, probably so. Does Piers Morgan use bullying tactics? Perhaps. However, depends what you want from an interview. Do you want a probing, revealing interview or do you want a pleasant cordial chat? Robert Blake, broke as he is, wrote a book for financial gain and appeared on Morgans program in order to promote it. How can any examination of this biography not include the murder of his wife? Robert Blake was fair game in my opinion.
      The irony of it all is that Piers Morgan seems to have provoked a great deal of sympathy amongst the American public for Robert Blake which in turn has given Blake a huge boost. Blake would be the last person I would invite to dinner but I hope he finds some peace in this life. Nobody likes to see a person in such a tormented, twisted state.

July 15, 2012 at 10:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Awhim25

Why is it that some people dont know what a sensitive person looks like...and feels the need to Judge. I find unusual people much more interesting than the cookie cutter type...and a lot more fun to be around. Blake appears as a Real human being; Morgan is the mutant...one who has left any resemblance of humanity at its core. Hype is boring! Real 'presence' is fascinating...as imperfect as it is. Great book: Mutant Message Down Under. Western society has mutated, not the indigenous.

July 13, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. szphllps

Robert Blake has had a tortured life & Piers Morgan pushed his buttons for ratings. Shame on him & way to go Mr. Blake for not taking it!

July 14, 2012 at 12:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Norma

I made sure to remember to watch your interview with Robert Blake. Robert Blake should have been warned about you. You were so rude to him. You are an absolute bully. We are trying to teach the children of this country that bullying is wrong and there you were with that little prissy look on your face when you are trying to bring out only the worst in someone. Shame on you...... Interview your prissy english icons like that and you wouldn't be able to cross the pond. I set out to find out how Robert Blake was doing after all he has been thru and saw him pummeled on CNN. Cheap shot....

July 14, 2012 at 2:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. bh

Shame on you Mr. Morgan. It was hurtful watching you "interview" Robert Blake. You lack grace and mercy and let me mention lack of respect. Do you kick three legged dogs also? You just permanently lost this viewer.

July 14, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Wendy

I am and have always been a huge fan of Robert Blake. He reminds me of many men, famous or otherwise, in their 70's and 80's. They cut through to the core of the conversation and speak their mind – sometimes unedited. That is exactly what he did and I enjoyed how direct he was. He was found not guilty and we should respect that decision of the court. He tried to explain how he lost in civil court, but Piers, you were not actively listening. You repeated your question in different ways several times. He was in a mental and financial crisis at that point, loss of support from people who surrounded him during the better times. Not a great position to be in when you are trying to defend yourself. I'd like to see him do some acting at this latter stage of his life. Piers, I don't believe Robert was being literal when he referenced "the person in your ear". I read his statement as if he was saying, you are acting like a puppet for the people on the show as well as those on the internet.

July 14, 2012 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Wendy

Piers, I should mention that I enjoy your show and that won't change.

July 14, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. WJK

I have enjoyed watching Larry King for years and although Piers' style is different I believe Larry would enjoy Piers's interviewing techniques. Unfortunately, news and appearances before the media are not in the category of fireside chats with your favourite aunt.

My sympathies are all with Robert Blake. The court could not prove that he has the killer. Robert's gun did not match the murder weapon. Robert Blake's life so far is one of many challenges that he has been pitchforked into and any one of us have no idea of what we would do if we felt ourselves against the world, without another person in our camp. We have no idea of what it would be like to be imprisoned in "that cement box", as Robert put it or feel so alone that fighting another round after he had been exonorated in the criminal case would be too much to deal with – this without any consideration of whether we had retained our sanity or not.

I believe Piers, you have exposed the raw hurt and intense need to be "a person" that Robert has been fighting to deal with. He must feel so unloved and is dispossessed. I hope and I believe that this interview will give him a springboard to a new life. In your tweet Piers you mentioned that he really should get another role on the stage – he should. He should get this not just because he is a good actor, he should because the media, the justice system, and anyone who cares should be able to contribute to this man's search for dignity and a place in this world. Although, to hear him speak, the world can get to someplace that is unspeakable, he is smarting because the world has turned its back on him.

Hopefully your interview will win him back a life. Thanks to your interview, I will buy his book and will give them to others as gifts. Many who tuned in will be doing the same. I believe you have given him a platform to reclaim life. I hope he is not too damaged to find joy in what is left.

By the way, I am not part of Robert's fan club – just another human being with some empathy.

July 14, 2012 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Deborah

I like to watch your show to get a glimpse of the people you interview, but I too feel so many times you ambush your guests to get a rise out of them. These people have feelings: humiliation, disappointment, vulnerability, fear and his lawyer said it all. After what Robert Blake went through with the looney toon wife and then the false accusations, the jail time, I am actually surprised he even trusted Piers enough to come on the show only to be let down by another HUMAN BEING. Totally distasteful!! This probably wont stop you, but after a while people will quit coming on your show because they will know how you interview.....with AMBUSH tactics!!

July 15, 2012 at 8:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Barb

Piers, you were sleezy. Thought you were all along, but tried to give you a chance. Never again will I watch your show. Too bad I'm never included in Polls. Bye bye.

July 15, 2012 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Tarry Hewitt

Re:the Robert Blake interview, Piers, you have the Rupert Murdoch stamp all over you! No opinion on Blake's role in his wife's death. So exploitive , so much at the level of "The Enquirer". Obviously Mr. Blake has emotional/ cognitive issues. You are such a sleaze. Larry King had class- you have a wonderfully honed approach and accent but no core ethics.

July 15, 2012 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. judy

I am so upset with this interview!!!! PURE EXPLOITATION......This is exactly what's wrong with today's so called news media....CNN and Pierce Morgan have played the interview with Robert Blake THREE times in the last week, it is obvious, for rating reasons, from a man who has been through very upsetting and tough times his whole life. Robert Blake tried to set some boundaries on what he wanted to talk about, Pierce completely ignored his request and frankly disrespected any request Robert asked of him. You should be ashamed of yourselves CNN and Pierce Morgan. I am so upset and angry about this interview!!!!!.......I hope this doesn't mean you are going to repeat the interview again!!!

July 15, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Lisa

Piers, I think you were totally out of line with Robert Blake. I think he trusted you and you blind-sided him. He appeared to be very honest with you & I think your comment "I'll try to get to the truth if I can" was very insulting. Had you said that to amother actor, they probably would have walked out of the room. Mr. Blake wasn't there to be re-tried by you. He was there to speak about his book. His life is interesting enough. His murdered wife did not have to be brought up. I think you owe him a BIG apology. Be a man & apologize to Robert. I'll respect you again if you do that.

July 15, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Monique Lacroix

Lisa, apologize to Robert Blake? Are you as uncalibrated as he is? He is totally irrational but believes the opposite. In his mind. L.isten. In his mind, he is totally right and everyone else is wrong. He carries a very heavy load. This man is just simply sick. He represents the classic martyr of what life has dealt him. Wake up Lisa...learn some psychology and don't write about psycho-analysis. This man is a sorry soul and is begging for attention. It's too late...he hasn't realzed that yet. He is suffering from illusions, and mentioning Barbara Walters amongst others, is a clear indication that he is suffering from lack of attention and recognition. He is mad at everybody and at life itself. I say, go kill yourself because: Sorry, I am not going there, carry your load, accept it and move on. Robert....get OVER IT!

July 16, 2012 at 1:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • D'Maria

Monique, I have been reading your posts and I pray that you are not a therapist in real life. My gosh you are a control freak. You tell a man who is suffering to go "kill himself". You are one creepy person. You are telling everyone to wake up and you saw the interview twice (big whoop). Here's the deal. Mr. Blake has not even been in public for 10 years. The guy has been laying low and is broke. He is a great actor and wrote a book about his life as a "Little Rascal"...He just wanted to talk about his book. Through the years we know Mr. Blake has his issues, but for you to tell someone to kill them self is quite horrific, don't you think? Mr. Blake may read these blogs. I can say much more to you, but I don't want to waste any more time here. After reading your posts and being so cruel to tell a man to die, I decided something needed to be said. Thank goodness not all Canadians are as narrow minded as you. They are good people. You, write and brag that you are Canadian? I wouldn't brag as much as you disrespect others. If anyone needs to apologize it's you. To Robert Blake, for telling him to kill himself and to the people on this forum, who had to read your cruel comments.
        Very pathetic indeed.

July 16, 2012 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  23. Monique Lacroix

Hi Pierce,
    I have watched the Robert Blake interview ttwice. Why, I don't know. What I do know is that I have been trying to analyze Robert Blake. In my opinion, he is suffering from a deep sentiment of being persecuted. Everyone is persecuting him. Why? Because at one time, he was somebody. Now, he is a nobody, and he knows this. All I can say is that he is a very sorry soul. Sure, We all, or most of us, had some hard times, some more than others. I think this man cannot be helped. He is compelety in a state of rebellion, even at his age, he has learned (in my opinion) nothing about the trials and tribulations of life. He is, to be quite frank, in complete denial. He would be the toughest nut to crack that I have ever witnessed. It's too late. He will never make that movie he dreams about. He is so convinced that he's right. He plays the blame game. The only person that he is fooling is himself. I personally think that he is completely a wacko. He's too old to rehabilate and secondly, he is so rebellious and also has a rebellious trait that I have come to the conclusion that he is a waste of time and money. Let him go on and on and on. He will self-destruct. I'm surprised he's made it thus far. Pity is the only word that comes to mind, and I still don't know why I even bothered to get on the internet and talk about this desperate for attention loonie.

July 16, 2012 at 12:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • neilya

I do believe Robert Blake was persecuted Piers should look at the old Johnny Carson shows where he was a frequent guest. He is a broken man it is true you are guilty before you are proven innocent.Piers you have shown the interview 3 times now enough is enough.Let him live in peace.

July 16, 2012 at 2:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Clara

I have already posted twice on the 'Robert Blake' interview, and for some reason beyond and above me, I feel compelled to post once again. First of all, to MONIQUE from Canada: Did you know that you have been spelling Piers' name incorrectly? I also spelled it incorrectly, but my error was by design, and was misspelled purposefully. For you see, Monique, I had felt that PIERS had pierced a beautiful heart and soul...that belongs to ROBERT BLAKE. Therefore, I spelled his name "PIERCE" wrong on purpose. You have stated that we who reside in The United States of America do not know anything and do not know how to spell correctly...H-m-m-m. As far as your opinion about our "Good 'Ole' American Dream is no longer" is concerned, I believe you are very very wrong to even suggest that. That American Dream shall live on and on and on, Monique! Remember, there is an election coming up in November. Current situations have awakened a sleeping giant...We the people of the United States of America! That election, I feel, will suddenly change our nation's course! People in our country, who were looking for CHANGE and HOPE, admit that we made a mistake almost four years ago. Now, we can see clearly. I am confident that the election in November shall bring back the STRONG and FREE America as we have always known it to be.

Enough said about your insensitive remarks about OUR COUNTRY and HER PEOPLE, Monique. I feel that YOU and PIERS have much in common, Monique. That is the reason why you are blinded from the truth about Piers' demeanor. I feel that Piers Morgan should indeed apologize to Mr. Blake. Piers must now know that his behavior was out of bounds, and that an apology to Robert Blake is very necessary.

Robert Blake is a man who has already earned great RESPECT for his unique and outstanding ability as an actor. Many have stated that they feel sorry for him...I do not! I can honestly say that I deeply RESPECT Robert Blake for all of his accomplishments that were reached with terrible obstacles in his path. The MAN held his own when he was bombarded and ambushed by piers during the interview...YOU ALL HAVE GOT TO RESPECT THAT! Robert Blake's goals shall be fulfilled, because the MAN has HEART and SOUL, which is more than I can say for you, Monique, and Piers!!!

July 16, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Neville

Youve got it about right Monique. We as a race all fascinated by movie stars and people who lead their lives in the spotlight.
      We want to know what they are really like and that is why chat shows are so popular. I am still a little surprised at the outpouring of sympathy for Robert Blake and the anger towards Piers Morgan for his "bullying tactics"
      If you only ask ingratiating questions and pander to the interviewee such as we witnessed week in week out on the Oprah Winfrey show you will only hear what the interviewed celebrity wants you to hear. Often it is the uncomfortable queations that reveal the most.

July 16, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. trauma

I hear/see a lot of trauma/ptsd in him. (not sure if he is past patriarchy yet or not)

Piers asked questions that people would have had about him. So, more like they gave him an opportunity to answer to that. His reaction is not telling of innocent or guilt. More like trauma and ptsd.

July 16, 2012 at 1:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Monique Lacroix

Here is a classic and typical reply of what I've been talking about....

July 16, 2012 at 2:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Monique Lacroix

What in heck are you talking about....past patriarchy,....goshdarn,,,I'm no better than you in my spelling....but what does that have to do with R. Blake?

July 16, 2012 at 2:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Monique Lacroix

I have just finished reading the posts. Why? I don't know, as I mentioned in my previous articles. First of all folks: Can you please learn how to spell and write sensibly? I'm canadian and I must say that americans are ready to believe anything! You are gullible or naive, whatever. Maybe even ignorant...I'm trying to be nice. I am amazed that you don't appreciate Pierce's approach. Okay, his accent does get on my nerves at times, I can take it. But wjhat iis wrong with the rest of you? You write that Pierce should go back home, etc, etc. Now, you're talking like Robert Blake! I don't know what to say...go back to school or open up your narrow minded brains. I don't envy Pierce. You have put him through hell since he replaced Larry. You give more credit to Robert Blake than Pierce. What is wrong with you? I'm a proud canadian and would not go back to the states where I have lived a good majority of my life. You're "Good Ole' U.S.A." is no longer. You're good "Ole" American Dream" is no longer. We don't matter to you so why are you moving up here in record numbers? If you can's read, spell or write then, I guess you can stay where you are. Leave Pierce alone. Concentrate on what I have just said. Robert Blake is a very sick man. He is longing for attention and he is getting it from people like you...think about it!

From the Great White North,

Your neighbors in Canada. Oh, forgot, do you know where Canada is?

P.S. Don't forget that WE are also part of North America...you probably didn't know that either...

July 16, 2012 at 2:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Clara

Monique, Monique, Monique..You say that Robert Blake is a "very sick man"and is "looking for attention"? The only one that appeared to be a sick man that evening of the interview was PIERS! Through keen intelligence Robert Blake was able to handle and overcome the situation. Robert Blake has proven his sanity and his STRENGTH!

You appear to be a very angry woman, Monique, by way of what you write. I feel that YOU are the one looking for attention. As a "proud Canadian" I know that you have access to nationalized health care...Why don't you exercise your right to that health care and get the help we see that you need? I believe that Robert Blake will persevere! Not only does he have HEART and SOUL...Mr. Blake has GOD! You and Piers had ought to think about that asset that helps Mr. Blake to rise above the likes of people like you and Piers.

July 16, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Neville

I cant speak for Monique's inner peace but I have to agree with her in that the issue and subject matter is Robert Blake and not Piers Morgan. Morgan was only asking the questions and valid ones at that. Don't shoot the messenger! If you don't like the WAY he was asking the questions, his English accent or personality, fine, complain to CNN, but why turn it against Morgan just because he was asking challenging questions? I personally find cosy bedside interviews adhering to the rules of the Mutual Admiration Society dull viewing, so keep these contentious interviews rolling!
    Cant help being reminded of the Frost interviews with Nixon.....

July 16, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Ajay Jain

Piers Morgan interviews White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley to discuss Obama / Romney campaign issues but Piers Morgan Tonight Blog does not even mention the White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley's interview on his Blog. What a shame!

In this regard AC360 is the most current Blog of all CNN shows and I commend Anderson in keeping up with his Blog's currency.

I have considered Piers Morgan a very balanced interviewer but today while interviewing White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley Piers Morgan was very biased. I am ashamed of Piers Morgan. So from here on I am shifting my viewing to Rachel Maddow Show instead of Piers Morgan Tonight!!! Piers Morgan you lost a dedicated viewer tonight!!!

July 16, 2012 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. click here

Hello There. I discovered your weblog using msn. That is a very well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your helpful information. Thank you for the post. I will definitely comeback.

September 21, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Clara Howell

I am somewhat perplexed that I received this comment in my email inbox in response to blogs written between July 15th through July 18th, discussing the Robert Blake interview by Piers Morgan. Is this a message from Piers, or is this just a message in addition to the other blogs? The blog name 'click here' is mind boggling. Click Here's blog message ending sentence also stirs up questions in my mind..."I will definitely come back". Is it presumptive of me to assume that the blog may have been written by Robert Blake?

Sent from my iPad Clara Howell