READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For July 23, 2012 – Colorado shooting suspect makes first court appearance, Penn State hit with $60 million fine, and Bradley Wiggins makes history with first Tour de France victory for British cyclist...
• Colorado theater shooting suspect makes first court appearance: "The man accused of opening fire Friday in a packed movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, made his first court appearance Monday, giving the public its first look at the 24-year-old former doctoral candidate since his arrest."
• Penn State hit with $60 million fine: "The National Collegiate Athletic Association announced a $60 million fine against Penn State University on Monday and took away 14 seasons of football victories from the late Joe Paterno."
• Mitt Romney's other tax secret: "Romney has for months touted an ambitious plan that promises massive tax cuts. He has also steadfastly refused to say how he would pay for them."
• Spanish bailout fears to spark stock sell-off: "Investors are bracing for an ugly start on Wall Street Monday, tracking a global-sell-off amid heightened fears that Spain will need a full-blown bailout."
• Bradley Wiggins makes history with first Tour de France victory for British cyclist: "Bradley Wiggins made history on the Champs Elysees Sunday as he became the first British rider to win cycling's Tour de France. And in a double triumph for Britain, his Team Sky teammate Mark Cavendish claimed the 20th and final stage in Paris for the fourth successive year."