READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For July 25, 2012 – Syrian rebels brace for showdown in Aleppo, Anaheim sees days of raucous protest after fatal police shooting, and Christian Bale visits shooting victims...
• Syrian rebels brace for showdown in Aleppo: "Leaders of Syrian rebel forces ordered their fighters to attack hundreds of government troops heading toward Aleppo, the country's largest city, a Free Syrian Army official told CNN on Wednesday."
• Anaheim sees days of raucous protest after fatal police shooting: "Angry residents - distressed over the fatal police shooting of a local man over the weekend – hit the streets of Anaheim, California Tuesday for a fourth day of protest marred by demonstrator vandalism and police use of force."
• Mitt Romney walks political tightrope on foreign policy: "Mitt Romney's political tightrope in his quest for the presidency has been especially evident on foreign policy, with the certain Republican nominee sounding conservative while also espousing more moderate approaches similar to his opponent, President Barack Obama."
• Apple misses forecasts despite big iPad sales: "Apple's revenue, earnings per share and iPhone sales in its fiscal third quarter badly missed Wall Street analysts' forecasts."
• Christian Bale visits shooting victims: "Actor Christian Bale, star of "The Dark Knight Rises," surprised residents in Aurora on Tuesday when he visited a memorial for the victims and met with survivors of the shooting spree, CNN affiliate KDVR reported."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter