READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For August 14, 2012 – GOP convention speakers to include Marco Rubio and Chris Christie, aircraft to attempt Mach 6 flight and Former Cosmo editor Helen Gurley Brown dead at 90...
• GOP convention speakers to include Marco Rubio and Chris Christie: "The very blunt and always entertaining Gov. of New Jersey Chris Christie will be the keynote speaker later this month at the Republican National Convention. Christie confirms he's already working on his speech, telling 'USA Today' he'll be delivering some 'very direct and hard truths' to the American people. Also, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio is expected to speak on the final night at the convention, playing the important role of introducing the party's presidential nominee Mitt Romney."
• Aircraft to attempt Mach 6 flight: "On Tuesday, the unmanned 25-foot-long, platypus-nosed X-51A Waverider hypersonic flight test vehicle will be dropped off of the wing of a converted B-52 bomber off the California coast and try to fly for 300 seconds at science fiction-like speeds of Mach 6, over 4,500 mph – fast enough to fly from New York to London in less than an hour."
• 3 killed in shootings near Texas A&M University: "A Texas constable and two others were shot dead Monday in about a half an hour of gunfire near Texas A&M University, police said."
• Paul Ryan's controversial Social Security plan he doesn't discuss: "After legislation he co-sponsored in 2005 went nowhere, Ryan included a detailed plan to privatize Social Security in his budget proposal in 2010. Under that plan, he would allow workers to funnel an average of roughly 40% of their payroll taxes into personal retirement accounts."
• Former Cosmo editor Helen Gurley Brown dead at 90: "Helen Gurley Brown, who created the idea of a modern woman with her book 'Sex and the Single Girl' and was editor in chief of Cosmopolitan magazine for three decades, has died at age 90, the Hearst Corporation said Monday."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter