Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

September 5th, 2012

Eva Longoria on being an Obama surrogate: "I've been speaking to two big communities important to the president, the women's community and the latino community"

This evening Piers Morgan continued his coverage of the Democratic National Convention from Charlotte, North Carolina, welcoming actress Eva Longoria for a live prime-time interview.

Prior to digging into the party platform, Morgan first talked platform footwear, noting his guest's  6 1/2" Christian Louboutin Dafsling pumps:

"I have to stand taller here," joked Longoria. "There are a lot of important people."

Longoria, the co-chair of Obama's national re-election campaign, will address the DNC on Thursday before the president takes the stage:

"I was honored they would ask me," admitted the former "Desperate Housewives" star. "I've been speaking to two big communities important to the president – the women's community and the latino community – and so I will be speaking about those issues, a little narrative about my American Dream and how I'm living proof of that."

In regards to her focal points, the 37-year-old Golden Globe Award nominee called Obama "a very clear choice."

"Obama has a very good record with women," she continued. "He signed the Lilly Ledbetter Act that gives us equal pay for equal work. He's supported small businesses which many women open up. Latinas open up small business six times the national average and he's given many tax cuts to small businesses."

Watch the clips and listen to the interviews as Morgan continues his coverage of the Democratic National Convention live from Charlotte, North Carolina.
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

1. Ellen Zhao

Paul Ryan:

You look that you are not nice. Alao when you say something you do not have much facts and evidences. So I 100% do not vote you as VP forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

September 6, 2012 at 9:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Maty

Exactly!

September 6, 2012 at 10:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dina

First make sure your sentences are complete, because they dont make sense. and second Ryan actually knows his stuff your just upset because he's right and you cannot stand it !!!

September 6, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. taurus1353

no empty chairs , just empty head?
    yep democrats really care about empowering women , placed Bill (the groper) Clinton who shoves women under his desk, to speak following Sandra Needy-Fluke's sad story, that made women look really strong and independent.

September 6, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • James AL

You just do not want women to get equal pay or have the right over ther own bodies Other than that they can run the world!

That about sums it up for republicans.

September 6, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Dina

And all you dumb dems want is to avoid puting God in your daily lives, because he is soo much work for you, and to Say thank you for giving you life and to remember that this country was found on God fearing men christian men !!! at least act like your somewhat of an intellect

September 6, 2012 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Woff !

Pethetic are people with blinders on and hate in there heart. They go chasing there tail in circle with no concept of the world beside there own tail.
      Wake up! Stop chasing your tail.

September 7, 2012 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Sheri

I wish people would vote for what's best for the country and the american people and not about themselves. I want what's best for the country and the american people not a bunch of women feeling empowered about being able to have abortions or mexicans being allowed to stay here illegally or gays being allowed to marry.

None of those issues makes the econony better, creates jobs or gets the country out of debt!!!

September 6, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Right.

AND THATS problem isn't it? Thats why I've changed my voting for Obama to Romney. Because I was HOPING the president would concentrate on the economy, on whats best for Americans in general.

But no, its just been interest groups getting what they want with no questioning and pandering to all these groups.

September 6, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • James AL

Sheri, all of these issues are connected and they all must be dealt with.

September 6, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • jag

Really? You don't think equality is important? People can be discrimanated against in the U.S. and that's okay? Jobs, jobs, jobs...yeah, we know it's "all" about the economy, right? So whenever someone or some party crashes the economy then they can once again tell us Americans what is important, but I feel and believe that it's all of the above.

What were our concerns before the 2008 crash? The collaspe in my opinion serves as a reminder that it just ain't about the money. "Thosewho cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." –George Santayana

September 6, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jan

Why did the Roman Empire fail ? It's because it's people failed, they were ignorant and arrogrant with blinders on just like the Americans are today. We did not stop Bush for lying to us. We did not question Bush when he attack Iraq and Afganstan. Our economy was ruined by Bush. President Obama asked us for our help but we were so full of hate that a black man with a funny name became our president.
      Yes, Sheri we should vote for what is right .... But voting for Romney is wrong. Vote wisely is our right.

September 7, 2012 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Mexicans only care about THEIR interests, not OTHER LATINO's

Its true.

Mexicans only care about their interests and vote on that. They are so imposing and hoard-ist that they declare themselves the representatives of ALL Latin Americans.

The sad real truth is that they are HYPOCRITES. Why? Because they deport other Latino's of NON-Mexican descent in Mexico by the thousands.

They have a terrible human rights record on treating other Latino's from Central and South America going through their country. We're talking atrocities and human trafficking, etc. etc.

Oh but when it comes to declaring that we're all "Latino's Unidos", its done temporarily to gain what only Mexicans want. Then its back to inter-Latino racism and discrimination from Mexicans against all other Latino's.

Ask a Mexican person. Ask them about the racist problem they have. Ask them. They may start pointing out defects in others, but if you pry enough, they'll cave.

Or better yet, if, like me, you look Latino enough for a Mexican to confuse you as one of them, they may say and do things that will shock you.

September 6, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Luna Fernandez

There are good and bad people everywhere in every race and nationality. For you to write that all Mexicans are a certain way, only shows your own bigotry and racism. It's not that we think we are better, it's that YOU THINK YOU ARE LESS. Get over yourself. Nobody is interested in you. We've got our own set of problems, and discrimination others is not in our interest or priorities. GET OVER YOUR INFERIORITY COMPLEX.

September 6, 2012 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Lunatica...

You proved me right. As I stated, you ask or confront a Mexican about their inter-latino racism problem and they direct you, or point out OTHERS. Then me.

I don't think I'm less. Far from it mija. I brought up a subject you and your people don't want to discuss, its a problem with in our "group" of Latinos/Hispanics

But as soon as its discussed, you set out to attack the messenger, to distract or change the subject and resort to name calling and reversing the subject. Rather than really confronting this serious problem. Thats easy and very typical as I said.

And I also never said anything about you thinking you are better, I don't know where you got that but I'm guessing you have that complejo.

September 7, 2012 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  5. Commander Zero

The gang bangers who are causing havoc in this country are the infiltrating agents of the cartels
    who have murdered and disrupted Mexico.
    Give them rights to driver licenses so they can more easily infiltrate and corrupt the process.
    The Mayor of San Antonio wants an open border to further his La Raza Dynasty with B.O.

September 6, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. nluu

Pier is arrogant appearing with class but show opposite side when he opens his mouth....I watched him during apprentice, got talent and now as a reporter. He has never done well in any of the job he holds..sigh..

September 6, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Meow !

Nuluu .... You are so full of it. Why don't you go visit Sarah Pailen

September 7, 2012 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Pam Sam

You are all missing the point. Every one is human. Mitt Romney, Bill Clinton, Paul Ryan, Joe BIden, and Barach Obama. But there is NO doubt, I will go with Obama I have NO interest in allowing Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney to take away ANY and ALL of m rights to make equal pay and more importantly CHOOSE what I want to do with MY body. Barack has done an incredible job with an incredible MESS that the Republicans left him....just ONE month before he took the oat. Where did that come from the REPUBLICANS. I am giving him four more years because I believe he is human but more importantly I know that he believes in all of us humans and will do his best job for us. That is enough for me.

September 6, 2012 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Ktaylor

The DNC or RNC are just pep rallies. Speeches are just meant to hype of the party. Why don't you all wait for the debates before having such making your opinions. There is so much that President Obama has done that is not reported by the media. Anybody who has any sense of intelligence should have known that the economy and jobs would not just magically appear. It took 8 years or longer for the demise of the country to play out, why would the President be able to completely turn it around in 4 years, with Republicans fighting him tooth and nail. Just wait for the debates, when they have to answer specifically and layout their plans. Then make your decisions. One thing I do believe is that President Obama cares for the people of this country, he is the only President, that I know of, that has given money to Americans, who write to him, directly out of his pocket. But the media doesn't cover that...they gloss over it. That's someone I want working for me......

September 7, 2012 at 8:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. hammerofastraea

Lord. They should have just got Kim Kardashian for all the credibility this gave them with the tmz/ us weekly crowd.

September 7, 2012 at 11:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. a senior citizen

please do not touch Medicare nor Social Security..a 3 day hospital bill of mine amounted to $ 35,000.....!!

September 8, 2012 at 6:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. CHRIS SCHMIDT

We , the American People, have a better choice this election day..

Green Party Candidates Dr. Jill Stein for U.S. President
    Cheri Hokala for U.S. Vice President

Vote Green Party November 2012 ~~~~~~~~ Green Party does NOT accept corporate contributions....
    Restore our democracy to the American People!!

September 8, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. ALAN

NO INCOME TAX RETURNS ROMNEY ??? & NO MILITARY SERVICE FOR THE 6/SIX/ ROMNEY MEN,,THE 5 FOLLOWING THEIR DAD? DO NOT UNDERSTAND..OUR SONS SIGNED UP FOR THE DRAFT IMMEDIATELY WHEN THEY TURNED 18 YRS ,,,,THOUGHT MORMONS DO NOT BELIEVE IN DIVORCE..ROMNEY'S BROTHER HAS BEEN MARRIED 3 TIMES....DO NOT KNOW @ HIS SISTERS ....

September 9, 2012 at 1:12 am | Report abuse | Reply