READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For September 7, 2012 – Jobless rate down slightly, Barack Obama urges voters to secure the change he started and Prince Harry deployed to Afghanistan...
• August jobs report shows jobless rate down slightly: "The labor market lost momentum last month as job growth fell to a disappointingly slow pace. The unemployment rate fell, but that was largely due to people who stopped looking for jobs. "
• Obama urges voters to secure the change he started: "President Barack Obama hits the campaign trail on Friday after accepting his party's nomination for re-election by telling the Democratic National Convention and the nation that only the voters in November have the power to secure the change he started."
• Drew Peterson guilty of murder in ex-wife's death: "An Illinois jury on Thursday found former Chicago-area police sergeant Drew Peterson guilty of murder in the 2004 death of his ex-wife."
• Bermuda closes schools as Hurricane Leslie advances: "Hurricane Leslie remained stalled about 415 miles away from Bermuda Friday, where schools were closed and government offices were to let out early to give residents more time to prepare."
• Prince Harry deployed to Afghanistan: "Prince Harry arrived in Afghanistan on Friday on a four-month military deployment in his role as an Apache helicopter pilot, Britain's Ministry of Defense said."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter