READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For October 2, 2012 – Boats crash, dozens dead in Hong Kong, battle for presidency remains close in new CNN poll and Axl Rose will have his first live interview in two decades on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'...
• Boats crash, dozens dead in Hong Kong: "Local power company, Hong Kong Electric, had been ferrying a group of its employees and their families to watch an evening fireworks display in the city's Victoria Harbor when it collided with a ferry heading from Hong Kong Island to Lamma - one of 200 outlying islands in the territory."
• Battle for presidency remains close in new CNN poll: "Two days before the first presidential debate, a new national survey indicates a very close contest between President Barack Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney in the race for the White House."
• Troubled skies for American Airlines: "The troubled airline has been beset by labor troubles, delays and flight cancellations and, most recently, two aircraft that couldn't keep several seats in place."
• White House tells contractors to hold off on layoff warnings: "The White House on Friday told government contractors worried about fiscal cliff spending cuts to hold off on warning employees about possible layoffs."
• Axl Rose will have his first live interview in two decades on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!': "Rose will go on the show to chat with Kimmel primarily about his band's upcoming 12-night Appetite for Democracy run at Las Vegas' Hard Rock Hotel and Casino."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter