READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For January 11, 2013 – President Barack Obama and President Hamid Karzai to huddle on Afghanistan, Rev. Louie Giglio bows out of inauguration over sermon on gays and TV host Jimmy Savile exploited fame to abuse children on vast scale...
• Obama and Karzai to huddle on Afghanistan: "Years of tensions between Afghan President Hamid Karzai and the U.S. government appeared to fade away like a bad dream, at least in public, when Karzai touched down in Washington this week."
• Rev. Louie Giglio bows out of inauguration over sermon on gays: "In the face of withering criticism over a sermon he apparently delivered on homosexuality in the 1990s, the Rev. Louie Giglio has withdrawn from giving the benediction at President Barack Obama's inauguration."
• Youth who shot classmate felt he'd been bullied: "A 16-year-old student who blasted a California high school classroom with a shotgun Thursday was targeting two classmates because he felt he'd been bullied, the local sheriff said Thursday night."
• FAA opens probe of Boeing Dreamliner woes: "U.S. and company officials have announced a probe of the design, manufacture and assembly of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner in the wake of a series of problems that have dogged the jet in recent days."
• TV host Jimmy Savile exploited fame to abuse children on vast scale: "Britain's late TV presenter and radio host Jimmy Savile sexually abused hundreds of people and carried out more than 30 rapes, police said Friday, as they unveiled a report exposing "vast, predatory and opportunistic" abuses across six decades."