READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For January 22, 2013 – Barack Obama begins second term, American killed in Algeria hostage standoff and Prince Harry says he killed Taliban militants...
• Obama begins second term: "President Barack Obama began his second term with a "keeping it real" moment courtesy of youngest daughter Sasha Obama. 'You didn't mess up,' she told the president after the oath was administered by Chief Justice John Roberts in the White House Blue Room."
• American killed in Algeria hostage standoff: "On Tuesday - almost a week later - governments around the world were still waiting for the Algerian government to provide a full accounting of the dead and missing."
• Rebels in northern Syria pin hopes on airbase's downfall: "Here in the north, rebels call it "the final battle." For more than a month, lightly armed fighters have hurled themselves against a well-fortified helicopter base located less than 15 minutes' drive from the border with Turkey."
• Bernanke won't be back in 2014, say economists: "Economists believe we have only one more year of Ben Bernanke's tumultuous tenure as chairman of the Federal Reserve. And most think that's bad news for the economy."
• Prince Harry says he killed Taliban militants: "Britain's Prince Harry has acknowledged that he killed Taliban insurgents on his latest tour of duty in Afghanistan as a crew member of an Apache attack helicopter."