Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

Need to Know News:  Ravens fly away with Super Bowl title, U.S., allies warn North Korea against 'provocative' moves
February 4th, 2013

Need to Know News: Ravens fly away with Super Bowl title, U.S., allies warn North Korea against 'provocative' moves

Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.

For February 4, 2013 – Ravens fly away with Super Bowl title, U.S., allies warn North Korea against 'provocative' moves and English king's body found under parking lot...

• Ravens fly away with Super Bowl title : "Ray Lewis had to wait a half hour, but the Raven got the swan song he wanted. The renowned linebacker, considered by many to be one of the greatest to ever play the game, went out a winner, as the Baltimore Ravens beat the San Francisco 49ers 34-31 in a Super Bowl delayed by a third-quarter power outage."

U.S., allies warn North Korea against 'provocative' moves: "U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and his South Korean and Japanese counterparts warned North Korea against any 'provocative' moves Sunday ahead of a possible new nuclear bomb test by Pyongyang."

• Home state newspaper casts doubt on Menendez during scandal: "New Jersey's largest newspaper had some tough words Sunday for Sen. Bob Menendez as he faces allegations of improper travel and parties with prostitutes. The same paper endorsed the senator's bid for re-election three months ago."

• Big money betting big on housing: "Investors are betting big on the housing recovery. Hedge funds and private equity firms have been rushing in to buy up companies and assets in every part of the housing supply chain, including undeveloped land, homebuilders, foreclosed homes, and building parts manufacturers."

English king's body found under parking lot: "DNA tests have confirmed that human remains found buried beneath an English car park are those of the country's King Richard III."

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: Need To Know News
  1. Beth

Hi Piers, I understand you are having another show on gun control. Although I strongly believe that certain weapons should be banned, this is only a part of the solution to violence in America. One major factor that has received little or no attention is substance abuse. I delivered substance abuse programming to Federal inmates for many years so I can say with certainty that the correlation between substance abuse and violent behaviour (criminal behaviour in general actually) is huge. We have heard repeatedly about the 11,000 + murders committed in the U.S. in 2011. Lets see some stats on how many of the perpetrators of those murders were under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol at the time of the offences. (I predict at least 80%). Substance abuse needs to be part of the discussion so I hope you will do a show on this topic soon.

February 4, 2013 at 11:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Griff.

"There are no Hero's until you know who was the enemy?? Did the Ravens win?? Or were the 49's fooled??
    Sounds like the Ravens had promised to throw the game, and thats why the lights when out and the arguing went on.
    Finally the game carried on and the 49's got wise enough to play for real, which caused such a close finish!"

February 4, 2013 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Griff.

" Royalty? Pierse??? Why now when the Tory's in England want to stay out of Europe because Lizzie wants to keep a King Queen photo on the british currency, and not willing to go Euro. does this Idiot 'Richard lll' bag of bones idea come from?? Lizzie is Sick and so is/are her Tories!"

February 4, 2013 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Griff.

"Such power in the hands of Pierse, and all he do was Smile??"

February 4, 2013 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Griff.

"But it was only just after the Idiot Obama was re elected that those killings in Conneticut happened. All the Idiot is doing, is covering up why?? Kids know they have no chance with this Muslim running their country, and all you are doing is denying those kids a right to get rid!!"

February 4, 2013 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Griff.

"But you and CNN think it was alright for Obama to supply Qatar with weapons, that would in turn be sent to Libya in return for Oil just a year ago??"

February 4, 2013 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Griff.

"Where do you think those weapons came from that killed four people in Benghazi??"

February 4, 2013 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Griff.

"Same type weapons that were found to be, being used in Mali just days ago and no doubt are still active??"

February 4, 2013 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Carolyn

Piers do you think proabitiion stopped drinking and the sale of liquor or didn't it cause a lot of extra crime. So government banning guns is only going to hurt good people. Government controls to much.

February 4, 2013 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. tom

would like to make a couple of points. wouldn't an armed populace help in defense of a country ? Taliban and al-queda hide amongst the unarmed citizens. Maybe a "citizen army " would actually help a country defend against an enemy that has infiltrated its borders. Wouldn't people bent on mass casualties find another way even without guns of any kind? Many could be maimed,mangled or killed by someone in a car that targets a bus stop for example. How about that gas ricene{sp}. Many toxic poisons could kill millions if placed in water supplies. Death without firearms. Are you a us citizen?

February 4, 2013 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. mbmullennix

Hi,

Just wanted to show you something really interesting, that was an unexpected surprise for me)) Please take a look http://voice.wspoanc.org

Wishes, michaelbrandon4

May 27, 2017 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. frolep rotrem

Please let me know if you're looking for a article author for your blog. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd love to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please send me an e-mail if interested. Thanks!

February 7, 2021 at 12:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. zortilo nrel

Good – I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your site. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs as well as related information ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, website theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Nice task..

February 7, 2021 at 11:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. https://europa-road.eu/hu/vasuti-szallitmanyozas.php

Throughout the great scheme of things you actually receive a B+ for hard work. Exactly where you misplaced me ended up being in all the specifics. You know, they say, details make or break the argument.. And it couldn't be more true at this point. Having said that, allow me inform you what did do the job. The text is pretty powerful and this is possibly the reason why I am taking the effort in order to comment. I do not really make it a regular habit of doing that. 2nd, even though I can see a leaps in reason you make, I am not confident of how you seem to connect your ideas that help to make your conclusion. For the moment I will subscribe to your point but trust in the future you connect your dots much better.

February 9, 2021 at 4:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. vreyrolinomit

Enjoyed looking at this, very good stuff, thanks.

February 26, 2021 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. zortilonrel

I like what you guys are up too. Such clever work and reporting! Carry on the superb works guys I've incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it'll improve the value of my website :).

March 21, 2021 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Alla Rodenbaugh

I love it when people come together and share opinions, great blog, keep it up.

March 24, 2021 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply