READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For March 1, 2013 – Forced federal spending cuts known as "Sequestration" begins, Man vanishes into bedroom sinkhole and Twitter says goodbye to the pope, with a laugh...
• Forced federal spending cuts known as 'Sequestration' begins: "This Friday is also a day many never expected would come. After all, the cuts known as sequestration were designed to be so draconian that lawmakers would be forced to compromise and avoid them."
• Man vanishes into bedroom sinkhole: "A Florida man fell into a sinkhole that opened suddenly Thursday night beneath the bedroom of his suburban Tampa home, calling out to his brother for help as he fell, a fire department spokeswoman said Friday."
• Dennis Rodman is North Korean leader's 'friend for life': "Former NBA star Dennis Rodman declared his eternal friendship with North Korea's supreme leader Thursday."
• Groupon fires CEO Andrew Mason: "Rumors surfaced late last year that the board was looking to oust Mason, following terrible third-quarter results. The news of Mason's exit comes one day after Groupon reported yet another dismal quarter."
• Twitter says goodbye to the pope, with a laugh: "For the first time in nearly 600 years, a reigning pope has resigned. And in what might also be a landmark event, Twitter was not flooded with jokes or parody accounts when the announcement was made two weeks ago. That all changed on Thursday when Pope Benedict XVI slipped off his red loafers and officially became pope emeritus."