READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For March 4, 2013 – Britain's Queen Elizabeth II has been discharged from a London hospital after treatment for symptoms of gastroenteritis, Walmart’s Sylvia Mathews Burwell tapped as budget director and Cardinals trek to Vatican to pick pope...
• Britain's Queen Elizabeth II has been discharged from a London hospital after treatment for symptoms of gastroenteritis: "The 86-year-old monarch was taken to King Edward VII's Hospital in London 'as a precautionary measure' Sunday afternoon and was expected to stay two days, a Buckingham Palace spokesman said, speaking with customary anonymity."
• Baby delivered after car crash dies: "A baby boy delivered by cesarean section after his parents were killed in a car crash over the weekend has died, police said Monday."
• Walmart’s Burwell tapped as budget director: "Sylvia Mathews Burwell will be nominated Monday by President Barack Obama to be the director of the Office of Management and Budget, a senior Obama administration official said."
• Stocks open lower on China worries: "U.S. stocks opened modestly lower Monday morning, following a sharp sell-off in Chinese stocks on concerns about a property bubble in the world's second biggest economy."
• Cardinals trek to Vatican to pick pope: "The process of picking a new pope was one step closer to starting on Monday, as more than 140 Catholic cardinals began a meeting at the Vatican."