Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

April 30th, 2013

Arnold Schwarzenegger on Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: "If convicted, I think that yeah, he should get the death penalty...yes"

As the debate surrounding the bombings in Boston – and the subsequent investigation – grows to include everything from Miranda rights to enemy combatant status and a potential death penalty, on Tuesday evening "Piers Morgan Live" invited Arnold Schwarzenegger to offer his insight and perspective.

Joining Piers Morgan live and in studio as part of the program's recently created "In The Chair" segment, the former California governor offered a firm position:

"When it comes to the death penalty, yes, I believe in the death penalty," noted the bodybuilding champion turned actor turned politician. "We've had the death penalty here for years now, in California. People try to reverse it all the time. I was all for it. During my term, there were several people that were punished."

In Los Angeles this week speaking about immigration reform at the University of Southern California, Schwarzenegger shared his opinion on the case currently polarizing the nation.

"Would you execute Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, if he's convicted?" asked the host.

"I don't know the whole story," said the guest. "I think that the courts should play this out. Then we see what comes out of that. If convicted, I think that yeah, he should get the death penalty. Yes."

Watch the clip, and listen to the interview, as Schwarzenegger explains why he feels the case of the Boston Marathon bombings has less to do with immigration then simply someone "going off the deep end," as has happened previously in American history.
> Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
> Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: In the Chair
  1. will

Check out what this dirt bag did with the Nunez kid and the San Diego State killing. That tells all you need to know about this guy.

April 30, 2013 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • shepherdgregory

I looked him up,Will:sentence was commuted.Another hearing for August 4th of 2011–do you know what happened?
      Was a stabbing the original crime?(Only found one report on it.)

May 4, 2013 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • William Bradley

Look up the part where he didn't kill anybody.

Contra the crank.

May 4, 2013 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  2. will

Piers, you have no BALLS if you don't investigate and do a true investigation on how this dirt bag handled the Nunez kid's killing of the San Diego State student. Contact the DA of San Diego County and the murdered kids family and the look into the politics surrounding this case. Feel free to contact me. Do the right thing and expose this guy for what he is.

April 30, 2013 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Reality Check

In the real world, "the Nunez kid" didn't kill anyone.

>will

May 1, 2013 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • shepherdgregory

Don't know much about the case,can anyone enlighten me?

May 4, 2013 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. oneluvsurfer

I think the terminator should take care of him. Strap his but to a loaded pressure cooker and then give him 30 seconds to answer questions before he sees the same fate.

May 2, 2013 at 11:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Ashley

Rather Craft or Blackwater agents

May 6, 2013 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Ashley

I swear if he gets a death penalty I will be so aggravated beause no were does it say if some one does something you should ake away their life if Dzhokhar "did do it" (don't believe that he did) it doesn't give you the right to give him death this I why I don't like the government because they think they could do what they want and If you go on YouTube look up -"Proof Blackwater or Craft agents blew up the marathon" and you will see the proof that the brother are innocent

May 6, 2013 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • shepherdgregory

Right,and the hijacked car never happened?

May 7, 2013 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Mick1970

Please don't tell me you are buying the 'Danny' story. That is the most unbelievable aspect of this whole unbelievable story!

May 15, 2013 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • david

It was on youtube it's gotta be right! With this much stupidity we all deserve to be blown up

May 13, 2013 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Mick1970

Anyone who buys this story with all its contradictions from police, FBI, and media wins the prize for most gullible.

May 15, 2013 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jacquie

What gives any individual or the State the right to decide if a person is going to live or die. Doesn't anyone have fears about wrongful convictions, it is ineffective at deterring crime concerns and about the State taking people's lives . By far, more countries have abolished the death penalty than practice it.

May 8, 2013 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • shepherdgregory

Always contentious capital punishment,Jacquie,nothing new there.A guy on here,Griff,mentioned Derek Bentley a week ago,someone hanged for a policeman's murder in '53 in England:he wasn't the full shilling[good Wikipedia file],and,if like Scotland they had diminished responsibility on their statute books it would never have happened:there was a sense of collective guilt afterwards–'what have we done?'–but it's too late for him.

England&Wales enacted The Homicide Act incl.diminished responsibility in 1957.

May 9, 2013 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • AUSTRALIAN COALITION AGAINST DEATH PENALTY (ACADP)

THE TOP FIVE WORLD EXECUTIONERS IN 2012:

China: 3,000+
      Iran: 580+
      Iraq: 129+
      Saudi Arabia: 84+
      United States of America: 43

August 14, 2013 at 2:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Terry

It is not understood how people can call themselves catholic and at the same time supporting the death sentence, however that is human, to get outraged after this sick, mental, brainwashed and idiotic attack.

How do we know who is the next, nice, friendly religious guy, well liked next-door citizen, always smiling and so on, who is planing to be a cold blooded killer? And for what? This guy is 19. he life is over as well.

Killing a murderer is killing as well. There is no alternative word for killing.

Let's hope that, if there is an afterlife, the people can say as an excuse: our justice system made me do it.
    Someone has posted, don't remember where: if you kill someone and you have an uniform – that is legal.
    Law created from people for the people.

However in this case as in so many others those mentally ill suicide killers, probably were told by their ill idols that they will be in haven with the master after becoming mass murderers and just believe that.

May 9, 2013 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Max Medaglia

ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER HAS SPOKEN!

July 27, 2013 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. detectives privados benalmádena

detectives privados fuente alama

December 11, 2020 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Soo Kazarian

Thanks for the thoughts you talk about through this web site. In addition, a lot of young women who become pregnant tend not to even try to get medical health insurance because they worry they probably would not qualify. Although a few states currently require that insurers offer coverage no matter what about the pre-existing conditions. Prices on these kind of guaranteed options are usually higher, but when thinking about the high cost of medical care it may be your safer route to take to protect your current financial potential.

December 20, 2020 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. zortilonrel

I've been browsing on-line greater than 3 hours as of late, but I by no means found any interesting article like yours. It¦s pretty value enough for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made excellent content as you probably did, the net can be much more useful than ever before.

December 21, 2020 at 2:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. vreyrolinomit

As I website owner I believe the written content here is rattling superb, regards for your efforts.

December 24, 2020 at 8:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. earn passive income in autopilot

MONSTERMODE 700K is a cutting-edge funnel-based app that can generate 100 commissions of up to 900+ dollars DAILY. This is made thanks to traffic conveyed on autopilot over various “viral tiers”. More details: https://bit.ly/2YfQFcC

December 26, 2020 at 9:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. vreyrolinomit

You should take part in a contest for one of the best blogs on the web. I will recommend this site!

January 3, 2021 at 5:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. zortilo nrel

I believe you have mentioned some very interesting details , regards for the post.

January 3, 2021 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. frolep rotrem

Keep functioning ,splendid job!

January 5, 2021 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. vreyro linomit

Hello, you used to write excellent, but the last several posts have been kinda boringK I miss your super writings. Past few posts are just a bit out of track! come on!

January 8, 2021 at 6:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Tori Joma

Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it's really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future. Many people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

January 11, 2021 at 12:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Lucienne Lofts

January 11, 2021 at 1:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Carey Grund

The the next time Someone said a blog, I am hoping that this doesnt disappoint me around this one. I mean, It was my option to read, but I actually thought youd have something interesting to state. All I hear is actually a handful of whining about something you could fix if you ever werent too busy searching for attention.

January 12, 2021 at 1:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. frolep rotrem

I really appreciate this post. I¦ve been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thank you again

January 15, 2021 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. zortilo nrel

Deference to article author, some good information .

January 17, 2021 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. vreyrolinomit

Howdy! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers? I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on. Any suggestions?

January 18, 2021 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Libbie Ressel

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article.I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post.I will definitely return.

January 18, 2021 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Lenore Chandsawangbh

Hi, Neat post. There is an issue with your site in web explorer, might check this… IE nonetheless is the marketplace chief and a good part of other folks will leave out your magnificent writing due to this problem.

January 21, 2021 at 2:32 am | Report abuse | Reply