Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

May 7th, 2013

DeJesus on suspected captor and friend: "He seemed like a normal guy to me"

On the backdrop of a remarkable story in Cleveland, Ohio, where three rescued women were reunited with their families after being abducted and held captive, "Piers Morgan Live" spoke to Tito DeJesus who was a friend to the suspected abductor Ariel Castro.

"It was a shock to me," said DeJesus, upon learning of Castro's alleged crime. "I was dumbfounded. I was in shock. I couldn't talk. My heart started beating really really fast, I just couldn't believe it."

"He seemed like a normal guy to me. I've known him for 20 years," said DeJesus. "Never gave any bad vibes."

However DeJesus also noted that Castro "never spoke about his personal life." "Some guys just don't like to mix their personal life with business," said DeJesus.

» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: The Big Story
  1. Jana Jumpp

How many more times are we going to find abducted people being held captive within miles from where they lived. Maybe we should pull all the old abduction cases and search the homes within a five mile radius. I'm thrilled for those young women, but my heart breaks for the ones that may still be locked up some where. God bless them all!

May 9, 2013 at 2:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Wut

"Watch the clip, and listen to the rest of Castro's interview, as "Piers Morgan Live" continues to follow this fascinating story."

the rest of the CASTRO interview? Interesting. Because I thought I was listening to an interview with Castro's FRIEND.

May 9, 2013 at 9:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. shepherdgregory

Be an idea to go through cold cases,Jana,and I hope this happens;as for searching bound to be a lot of people would
    refuse to let the police look around,and they'd need a warrant,probably lots.Problems there...

May 9, 2013 at 11:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Private Personal Training Long Island

"I was dumbfounded. I was in shock. I couldn't talk. My heart started beating really really fast, I just couldn't believe it." Just a
    normal guy? It's crazy how nobody could see how sick he was.

January 24, 2014 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Howard Miya

I have been browsing online more than three hoursnowadays, but I by no means found any interesting article like yours.It’s lovely value enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made just right content material as you did, the internetmight be much more helpful than ever before.

December 7, 2020 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. 700k money system

MONSTERMODE 700K is a cutting-edge funnel-based app that can generate 100 commissions of up to 900+ dollars DAILY. This is made thanks to traffic conveyed on autopilot over various “viral tiers”. More details: https://bit.ly/2YfQFcC

December 26, 2020 at 11:23 am | Report abuse | Reply