Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

May 8th, 2013

John Walsh on mistakes made in the Ohio Kidnapping case: "They need to man up and admit them"

On Wednesday evening as Ariel Castro, the alleged Ohio abductor and captor of Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight, was charged with three counts of rape and four counts of kidnapping, "Piers Morgan Live" invited John Walsh to the program to give his thoughts on the investigation.

During the discussion, Morgan and Walsh wondered what happened during the decade-long time period between when the three women were abducted and when they were rescued. Morgan and Walsh noted Amanda Berry broke free from her captor's home without police assistance leading both host and guest to surmise that mistakes must have been made on the part of Cleveland law enforcement.

"It doesn't seem to me a very complex trail if the police were doing the job correctly," said Morgan.

"I am the father of a murdered child and it took me 27 years to get the Hollywood police to open my son's case and let me bring in [an] outside investigator," said Walsh. "I love cops but when they make mistakes they need to man up and admit them and do a better job," said Walsh.

Watch the clip, and listen to the interview, as Walsh shared how in 2005 he made an appearnce on CNN's "Larry King Live" and spoke about the abduction of Berry and DeJesus.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: The Big Story
  1. Jeanette

Who really saved Amanda? There was an interview with a Latin man who spoke Spanish that seemed to be who rely saved amanda

May 9, 2013 at 12:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • G J

I find it odd how a Hispanic Gentleman is now stepping up say it was HE who rescued the Girls. Charles Ramsey has said all along he wasn`t alone when he went to help the Girls. This alludes to the fact the Hispanic Gentleman was there as well. Mr Ramsey as well tried to talk with someone He said didn`t speak English, again, prolly the Hispanic Gentleman. But as far as I know, Miss Berry spoke only English. And the Hispanic Gentleman needs a translator as He doesn`t speak English. So I am inclined to think Charles Ramsey did most if not all the talking. At any rate, 1 Man Rescue or Team Effort... it was an amazing outcome. Kudos to Ramsey for Donating his Reward. I`d love to see this Guy on MacDonalds Commercials now. He is a real character!!! Dayum! ;p

May 9, 2013 at 10:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • truthbetold

Jeanette, I think the Spanish speaking person assisted in the rescue too. However, is all American when you do something your whole life is splattered across the screen. Such as, Charles Ramsey is a convict. He did time in prison.. All that is out there. Now to come to your Spanish speaking friend, is he in the country illegally? Does he have WARRANTS on him? This is why you are not see as much of the Spanish speaking person. Ramsey even mentioned him. In addition, who made the 911 call? The Spanish person? No, it was Ramsey.

A lot of HATERS have come out of the woodwork saying that Ramsey is a fraud, this and that, and the Spanish person did everything. These people are haters. The Spanish person can call any news station and state his case. And afterwards, man up to his status and either get his status corrected or be deported.

Please tell him to come foward!!

May 15, 2013 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. 1coolguy

What about BENGHAZI???
    Arias and Cleveland are major stories, yet the KILLING of FOUR Americans is the biggest cover-up since Watergate. It makes Iran Contra PALE in comparison, where there was no loss of American lives.

Where are you PIERS???

I respect your doggedness on the gun issue and coverage of the new pope: Now get on board with this CLEAR COVER-UP.

May 9, 2013 at 2:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • shepherdgregory

Hi there,posting from UK:a section on Benghazi on ABC News last night in about the middle of the edited bulletin we get
      (approx.01:30 GMT on the BBC),but not that much attention;if you look around the blog there's a guy with a bee in his bonnet about it,about 30 or so postings,full of info,and HE'S not happy either.Check it out.

You may find it becomes bigger as it gets going fully,as it starts to come out in the wash,while Ohio calms down.

Watch this space,echoes of Gordon of Khartoum,thanks for posting.

May 9, 2013 at 9:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • truthbetold

Nope, this not the biggest coverup since WaterGate. The Iraq war is the biggest cover up going. This is where Bush/Cheney sent 5000+ of our brave soldiers to their deaths on lies, and to get Halliburton some money. You talking about 4 lives. You right wingers could care less about 4 lives. The point of the matter is you hate the point the Obama is in the White House.

Bush and Cheney they killed much more. Where were you then? Out to lunch?

May 15, 2013 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Scare The Pilgrims

#1. The Number of my "Comments Being Reviewed By The Moderator" on this Piers Morgan Blog page and CNN NEWS –
    ??? I Lost Count .
    #2. John Walsh is a 50% friend to Law Abiding American Citizens. HERO status in the Help Capture Dangerous Criminals better than Any previous or present TV Show. Dropped the Ball on Law Abiding U.S. Citizens have a right to take to task the responsibility of their own safety by owning a firearm of their own choice via the 2nd amendment. I am speaking of THE POOR ,, who have the same right to arm themselves with a Davis .32 acp Semi-Auto pocket pistol as a cop has to arm him/her self with a Ruger SP-101 .357 revolver in a Don Humes Ankle holster. Face It,, Its Not RACISM , Its CLASSISM. The U.S. is broken down in classes and Hollywood Wonders Like Piers and John Walsh Live in A Bubble , out of touch with Mr.s & Mrs. John Smith America. John Walsh can Scream and deny my opinion on that statement all he wants..I'm not buying any of it. My PUNCHLINE QUESTION -> CAN PIERS OR JOHN EXPLAIN IN CAREFULLY CHOSEN WORDS JUST HOW MUCH GOOD ALL THE TIME THAT THE SENATE SPENT ON THE GUN BAN/ BACKGROUND CHECKS/ HI-CAPACITY MAGAZINE BAN HAS DONE US??? PLEASE,EXPLAIN,,EXPLAIN ALL THE WASTED TAX PAYER DOLLARS GIVEN ERIC HOLDER THAT HE REFUSES TO MAKE A STATEMENT ABOUT. EXPLAIN HOW MANY "LIVES WERE SAVED",,EXPLAIN THE STUDIES SHOWING ANY OF THESE IF PASSED WOULD HAVE SAVED THAT 1 LIFE THEY REPEAT ABOUT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. DON'T BOTHER WITH THAT LAST ONE,,THE STUDY DOES NOT EXIST. I DISCOVERED THE CNN NEWS CHANEL ON THE SAME DAY THAT THE NEWTOWN CONNECTICUT SANDY HOOK SCHOOL SHOOTING OCCURED..JUST 2 HOURS AFTER THE LAST ROUND WAS FIRED BY ADAM LANZA I WAS CHANEL SURFING WITH MY REMOTE AND THE WORDS " SHOOTING AT A SCHOOL IN CONNECTICUT",, CAME OUT OF THE SPEAKERS ON MY TV AND I WATCHED THE CNN CHANEL THE REST OF THAT HORRIBLE DAY AND WATCHED PIERS MORGAN LIVE FOR THE 1ST TIME AT 9:00 PM THAT VERY EVENING..STAYED ON CNN UNTIL YESTERDAY..
    MAY – 8TH – 2013.. I WILL NOT WATCH CNN OR PIERS MORGAN FOR ANY REASON,,. IT IS ALL TOO CLEAR, CNN AND PIERS MORGAN HATE AMERICANS,,THEY HATE OUR RIGHTS,,THEY ATTACK AS IN THE WORD "INTEROGATION" INSTEAD OF "INTERVIEW" ,,THEY BRAND GUN OWNERS GUILTY WITHOUT HESITATION,,AN AUTOMATIC REFLEX,,NO ROOM FOR ANY ACCEPTIONS,,IF YOU OWN A GUN YOU ARE CRAZY AND DANGEROUS,,THANK GOD ALMIGHTY WE LIVE IN "THE REAL WORLD",, <- AND BECAUSE WE LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD EVERYTHING RELATED TO NEW GUN LAWS FOLDED LIKE A WET TACO IN A TIJUANA THUNDERSTORM.. I MUST END WITH A STATEMENT ABOUT MEXICO.
    I LIVE 8 SHORT MILES FROM THE TOYOTA AUTOMOTIVE PLANT IN GEORGETOWN , KENTUCKY. A FEW TOYOTA REPRESENTATIVES MADE A TRIP TO MEXICO TO NEGOTIATE THE BUILDING PLAN OF A PARTS PLANT IN THAT COUNTRY ,,THE TOYOTA BUSINESSMEN WERE KIDNAPPED AND HELD FOR RANSOM WHICH WAS PAID AND THE MEN RETURNED TO THE U.S. UNHARMED.. HOW DARE ANYONE CONSIDER GUN RESTRICTION LAWS FOR THE U.S. CITIZENRY WHILE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LOOK OVER THE BORDER FENCE INTO MEXICO TO PLAINLY SEE WHAT 100% UNARMED PEOPLE LIVE LIKE.

May 9, 2013 at 9:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ol' MacDonald

Hey Mr Pilgrim,

Given that your state has no scruples about buying firearms for 5-year-olds I can't be bothered reading your block caps rant which a cursory look at sees yet more guns and calibers specified in acute technical detail,but I'm more concerned
      about 2-year-olds getting shot in your lousy violent State (to any unaware he was SELLING guns on here a month ago).

'Least ya lock 'em in a safe,Scary.

May 9, 2013 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Scare The Pilgrims

Yes Scary, and very very dangerous.. By The Book .. "In The Gravest Extyreme" by Massad Ayoob, Firearms Instructor L.A.P.D. ,,The Book Sarah Brady Called " A Manual teaching you how to shoot human beings and get away with it"
        w w w . g o o d r e a d s . c o m and only a mental misget would judge an entire states people from 1 shooting incident. I was educated in the Bethel Township School District of Clark County Ohio, I grew up 4 miles from Wright-Patterson Air force base and toured its museum a lot.. Saw the Blue Angels Air Show year after year.. Dayton Ohio, home of the Brothers Orville And Wilbur,,Invented the Airplane,,remember ?

May 9, 2013 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Millie

I agree with Mr. Walsh 100%. The police probably dismissed these citizen claims because they speak broken English , the high level of crime (drug abuses and solicitation activity), and general poverty. Does the police think these crimes are more prevalent in the wealthy neighborhoods. I listened to the councilman describe some of the physical aspects of the house (no neighbors on the back and side of the house). They know what to look for. They know how convenient it is for a criminal to commit a crime. This being said, the LEO should be able to connect the dots. They did not look at Castro's criminal history (abduction of his children, physical abuse of his spouse, poor judgement, etc) and connect the dots when they visited the house. His history plus and a site visit request was reason alone to demand a search warrant of the premise -in my opinion. I do not at all believe they did not have any calls from the community. I DO NOT BELIEVE IT. At this point, they need to look at all violent offenders in the area and conduct a thorough 'in home' search-just like they did with the Boston bombers. So they can find that other girl. Only then will they be able to say-we did everything we knew to do within the limits of the laws.

May 9, 2013 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • shepherdgregory

Hi Millie,thanks for posting.

Any searches,nature of an entire street,would have to be done–like the Boston investigations–at a Federal level,police would struggle to get warrants,and some people would almost certainly refuse entry;it's a harrowing case,details still
      emerging,and I'd like to see all three in the dock.

May 9, 2013 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. John

How did the Hispanic guy talk to and understand Amanda Berry IF he does not speak English?

May 9, 2013 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Santana

What did they do anyway in Benghazi – what for? To get killed for what?

May 9, 2013 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • shepherdgregory

Article on ABC last night with Jonathan Karl,probably more focus on it as it progresses.

Have you been talking to fightcorrupter,then?

May 9, 2013 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. And Welcome Back To 'Sp*nk The Yanks'...

A REPLY FROM SCARY!

HOORAY!

VICTORY!

UK#1:SAS!

May 9, 2013 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Wave My Magic Wand

HEY SCARY!

NEED ANY ENGINES?

HOW ABOUT HARRIERS?

UK vs USA WHO GO INTO IRAQ WITH TOURIST MAPS!

May 9, 2013 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. In Home Personal Training Long Island

I have so much respect for John Walsh . Life is all about manning up and admitting for mistakes. If you don't acknowledge your mistakes, you will
    never improve in life.

Just think about what this means,
    investigator,"

December 9, 2013 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Camping forum

John Walsh you are a leader! No many would have been able to do what you have done. Your family most be proud.

January 10, 2015 at 9:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. margaretrosemaryrohr

Greetings,

There is some information which may be helpful for you, check it out http://bingo.digital/position.php?b6b7

Best wishes, Gordon Blankenship

August 11, 2017 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Isabell Espe

I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I don't know who you are but certainly you're going to a famous blogger if you aren't already 😉 Cheers!

December 6, 2020 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. detectives privados fuente alama

detectives privados navarra

December 12, 2020 at 1:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Bt cotton

December 12, 2020 at 8:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. zortilo nrel

Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your content seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer. I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I figured I'd post to let you know. The style and design look great though! Hope you get the problem resolved soon. Thanks

December 20, 2020 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Kristen Seith

I got what you mean , saved to fav, very nice internet site .

December 20, 2020 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. vreyrolinomit

Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive learn anything like this before. So good to find somebody with some authentic thoughts on this subject. realy thanks for beginning this up. this web site is something that's wanted on the net, someone with just a little originality. helpful job for bringing one thing new to the internet!

December 24, 2020 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. earn passive income in autopilot

Earn 100 commissions of up to 900+ dollars DAILY. 90 Second Set Up – Beta Tested Proven 24-7 AUTOPILOT Income – 100 FREE Multi-Tier Traffic Built In. More details: https://bit.ly/2YfQFcC

December 26, 2020 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. zortilonrel

You made some clear points there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most people will agree with your site.

December 30, 2020 at 3:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  20. frolep rotrem

you have a great blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog?

January 1, 2021 at 2:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Willetta Bouquet

If you would like to improve your experience simply keep visiting this site and be updated with the most up-to-date gossip posted here.

January 3, 2021 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. vreyrolinomit

Very interesting topic, thank you for posting.

January 4, 2021 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Don Claussen

Thanks so much the information. I love sucking dick btw hmu

January 5, 2021 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Georgianne Baratta

January 7, 2021 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. vreyrolinomit

I like this blog so much, saved to bookmarks.

January 9, 2021 at 5:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Burton Zuro

January 10, 2021 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Deshawn Stsauveur

I precisely needed to thank you so much yet again. I do not know the things I would’ve taken care of without these secrets contributed by you regarding this problem. It seemed to be a very frightful crisis for me, but encountering a new well-written tactic you processed it forced me to jump with contentment. Now i am happier for the work and hope you are aware of an amazing job you happen to be getting into educating people through your web blog. Probably you haven’t come across any of us.

January 11, 2021 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. froleprotrem

I do agree with all of the ideas you have presented in your post. They are very convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are very short for newbies. Could you please extend them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post.

January 16, 2021 at 11:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  29. vreyrolinomit

Very interesting info !Perfect just what I was searching for! "Music is a higher revelation than philosophy." by Ludwig van Beethoven.

January 19, 2021 at 10:56 am | Report abuse | Reply