Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

June 14th, 2013

Russell Brand on kissing Alec Baldwin: "I was glad of it...what a beauty"

Coming up this evening at 9, Piers Morgan invites actor, comedian, and fellow British television personality Russell Brand to join him in studio for a face to face, no holds barred conversation that covers everything from loves and laughter, to guns and the use of very, very big words.

A return "Piers Morgan Live" guest, Brand finds himself facing a most unusual question:

"What was it like kissing Alec Baldwin?," asks Morgan, referring to the pair's infamous "Rock of Ages" on-screen smooch:

"He's got big strong, alpha tendencies and he was very wise. And kissing him, it seemed like a very natural thing to do. Like, at the beginning, I was worried about it, because it's not my particular persuasion. But by the end, I was glad of it," Brand reveals.

Taking note of his favorite form of social media, the host reviews one of Brand's 140 character offerings:

"You did tweet, "Is it now legal to do a gay marriage in New York City, Alec Baldwin," says the "Piers Morgan Live" host. "Carpe diem."

Showing his love for language, and Latin, the guest offers his own definition:

"Carpe diem, seize the day. Seize Alec Baldwin," he exclaims, as the two Brits laugh. "Grip any part of that man you can, from his muscular biceps to his thick, gorgeous waist. Grip his chin. Bury your head in his dimple. What a beauty."

Watch the clip as Brand goes on to explain the origin of his vast vocabulary (he reveals and defines himself as a "satyromaniac,") then tune in tonight at 9 for the full "In the Chair" interview, as the 38-year-old from Essex, England opens up about more serious fodder, including gun control, and his own personal relationship with firearms.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: In the Chair
  1. nankiss

I'm a bit annoyed that two Brits are sitting around talking about AMERICAN DEMOCRACY, and what civil liberties are to AMERICANS. Especially knowing that Piers was involved with the British tabloid scandal of phone hacking. I really don't care what two Brits, Piers and Russell, two Brits interested only in personal fame, have to say about my American Democracy. It's not MY cup 'o tea.....

June 14, 2013 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Melissa Houston

Hello nankiss, Piers is Innocent of the phone hacking allegations which you referred to in your post. Piers stated under oath: " I have never hacked a phone, I have never told anyone to hack a phone nor to my knowledge published any story obtained from the hacking of a phone. " I continue to Support and Stand with Piers regarding his alleged phone hacking activity. Piers Morgan is an Innocent man.

I inferred from your post that you are obviously not fond of British people. I on the other hand love Britain so much that I traveled over there numerous times for several years.

I was very interested in the lively conversational exchanges between Piers and Russell during Piers Morgan Live.

June 14, 2013 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. me

i love russell brand so much

July 4, 2013 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. frolep rotrem

I am not very superb with English but I line up this rattling leisurely to translate.

February 6, 2021 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. zortilo nrel

I enjoy the efforts you have put in this, thanks for all the great blog posts.

February 7, 2021 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. http://www.fokuszpalyazat.hu/kezdolap/akar-60-millios-tamogatas-vallalkozasok-fejlesztesere

Thanks for some other fantastic article. The place else may anybody get that kind of information in such a perfect manner of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am at the look for such information.

February 9, 2021 at 3:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. vreyro linomit

A formidable share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing a little bit analysis on this. And he in truth purchased me breakfast because I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I really feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If doable, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your weblog with extra particulars? It's extremely helpful for me. Large thumb up for this weblog publish!

February 26, 2021 at 2:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. cvv shop

169420 266703As I internet site possessor I believe the articles here is very fantastic, regards for your efforts. 544490

February 26, 2021 at 5:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. see

798828 167386I genuinely enjoy seeking at on this internet site , it has amazing content material . 500534

February 28, 2021 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. best cvv store

449664 415034Hello there, I discovered your weblog by way of Google at exactly the same time as seeking for a comparable subject, your web site got here up, it seems to be fantastic. Ive bookmarked it in my google bookmarks. 594842

March 5, 2021 at 11:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Sylvester Bencosme

Thank you for any other informative blog. The place else could I am getting that kind of info written in such a perfect way? I've a undertaking that I'm simply now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information.

March 6, 2021 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. roofing contractor Collierville TN

858111 562435Some truly nice stuff on this internet site, I enjoy it. 891557

March 13, 2021 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. zortilonrel

I believe this web site has got very fantastic composed written content blog posts.

March 21, 2021 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Mohammad Schwantes

I do accept as true with all the ideas you have introduced for your post. They're very convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are too short for novices. May you please prolong them a little from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.

March 24, 2021 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. visit homepage

502386 25934Yeah bookmaking this wasnt a risky decision outstanding post! . 397063

April 7, 2021 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Thora Herrada

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

May 10, 2021 at 9:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Hugh Cassarubias

This was awesome! I would like you to clean up all this spam though

May 11, 2021 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. stornobrzinol

Today, while I was at work, my sister stole my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a forty foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now destroyed and she has 83 views. I know this is completely off topic but I had to share it with someone!

May 13, 2021 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply