READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Whether your prefer pop culture, tech, sports, or missing dead mob bosses, it's been an interesting start to the work week. Here now, a handful of stories that have us scratching – and nodding – our heads on this Monday, June 17, 2013 –
• Jay-Z to drop 12th album, teams with Samsung: The iconic hip-hop mogul chose Game 5 of the NBA finals to launch a new commercial, in which he's seen in the studio crafting and drafting ideas for his next album. "Magna Carta Holy Grail" – the 12th studio album for the man born Shawn Corey Carter – drops July 4, and features a partnership with Samsung.
• New questions for "The Answer": Former NBA star Allen Iverson is reportedly on the run, and he's accused of taking his five children with him. More than a decade since becoming the smallest MVP in league history, his ex-wife – Tawanna Iverson – says he was supposed to return their five kids on May 26, but failed to show up for the exchange.
• Pageant Problems: Six years since Miss South Carolina uttered her now infamous "like, such as" speech during the 2007 Miss USA contest, the pretty face of the Palmetto State has company. On Sunday, Miss Utah – Marissa Powell – came down with a case of "stumblitis," suggesting that the key to fixing wage inequality is "to create education better."
• Swimming with the ... Detroit Dirt?: Officials are digging up a field north of Detroit, Mich. on the tip that the remains of former labor union leader Jimmy Hoffa may be buried underneath.
• Kiss the ring ...or just take it: Confusion abounds regarding the 2005 Super Bowl ring of Patriots team owner Bob Kraft. According to Russian President Vladamir Putin, the finger bling was a gift. Kraft reportedly would prefer the 4.94-carat ring be returned from it's current location, which is said to be the library at the Kremlin.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram