Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

August 27th, 2013

Tonight at 9: Lora DiMaggio speaks out in an exclusive interview

Tonight at 9, tune in to “Piers Morgan Live” for an exclusive interview with Lora DiMaggio, James DiMaggio’s sister. This is her first interview since her brother’s death and and the first look at a different side of the man she knew before he abducted 16-year–old Hannah Anderson and allegedly killed her mother and brother earlier this month.

Last night, Piers Morgan spoke with another long-time friend of James DiMaggio, therapist and CEO of a behavioral health company Andrew Spanswick. Spanswick related the horrific series of events to DiMaggio’s painful childhood:

“Well, I still think it goes back to his childhood trauma.”

Spanswick was referring to the fact that DiMaggio had been emotionally and physically abused and that the abuse may have led to mental instability. Other traumatic life events like Dimaggio’s father’s drug abuse and ultimate suicide were also linked to his actions just before his death.

Earlier this month, Spanswick described the Dimaggio family’s home life:

“When the mother died of cancer, the father became worse. The parents had separated prior to that, and Jim had decided to go with the father, and [his sister] Lora had gone with the mother," Spanswick told Morgan. "Jim was basically abandoned as a child. And after the mother died, it was really up to Jim to take on the father role for Lora."

Check out the clip above for Spanswick's thoughts on James DiMaggio's mental health then join "Piers Morgan Live" at 9 as Lora DiMaggio sits down for her first interview since her brother's death.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: Announcements
  1. Russ

How can Piers Morgan state tonight that Chemical Weapons never existed in Iraq when pictures and Videos are easy to acess ?

August 27, 2013 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Juno

August 27, 2013 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Wake up

LiveLeak.com – Syria what CNN & Fox won't tell you

August 27, 2013 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Geo

I always thought that there could me be more to that story. That 16 yo is not an aagel as media made us believe.
    I wouldnt be surprised if she is one that killed her mother and the guy just helped her to get away.

August 27, 2013 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mary

Geo – This is the first time I have EVER commented on a media story. I agree with you regarding your comments, being a 16 year old lends so many confusing feelings. I feel sorry for Hannah, but what a horrible situation for both families.

August 27, 2013 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • jodiariasdiary

August 27, 2013 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mary

Lora DiMaggio is handling herself VERY well...she has been very professional in her responses to Piers' questions. I am impressed despite the horrible situation. My heart goes out to Lora and as a stranger, I support her and her opinions.

August 27, 2013 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • responsible citizen

I completely agree. I am impressed with her grace, sensitivity, and the belief in her brother. She was very open to hear and learn about evidences, but until then she wants to believe in what she has known from years. In someway an inspiring relation as a sister..

August 28, 2013 at 12:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Libby

Piers, you are doing an excellent job of being sensitive yet not dodging the difficult questions. I feel really bady for Lora but am glad that you are truly engaging her in this discussion.

August 27, 2013 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. responsible citizen

I like Piers when he grills gun lobbyists, but I felt it was hard on the grieved sister...

August 28, 2013 at 12:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. lee Mass

And Piers, I really hope you choke on the saliva you produce while doing those interviews. You are such a phoney!

August 28, 2013 at 12:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. litigation xpert

How any of you can make these comments has me completely blown away! Really?!! Listen to the facts and follow along people... just because you feel bad for Ms. DiMaggio (I feel so bad for her, I really do), you can't place blame on this girl. There has been no information that indicates she did anything that may have led to this tragedy. Quite the contrary. Comments like these:

"Lora DiMaggio is right in every sense of the way! Skylar Neese killers are 16 as well! Hannah Anderson is a LAIR! Hannah Anderson Is Guilty On facebook has many revealing items. I agree with Lora DiMaggion. WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE??"

I am shocked by the ignorance and hope these are comments meant to stir up things here on these comment boards and not what people really believe and worse... say out loud.

August 28, 2013 at 4:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. John Leatham

as was anticipated...my truthful and non-offensive observations regarding PM's interview with LD were censoered by omission...

August 30, 2013 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. frolep rotrem

Hello my friend! I want to say that this post is awesome, nice written and include almost all vital infos. I’d like to see more posts like this.

February 6, 2021 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. zortilo nrel

Hello there, You've done an incredible job. I will certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this web site.

February 7, 2021 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Dr. Gőz Péter

hi!,I like your writing very much! share we communicate more about your post on AOL? I need a specialist on this area to solve my problem. May be that's you! Looking forward to see you.

February 9, 2021 at 4:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. DevSecOps

954182 510091the most common table lamp these days still use incandescent lamp but some of them use compact fluorescent lamps which are cool to touch.. 370857

February 17, 2021 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. vreyro linomit

Having read this I thought it was very informative. I appreciate you taking the time and effort to put this article together. I once again find myself spending way to much time both reading and commenting. But so what, it was still worth it!

February 26, 2021 at 11:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. zortilonrel

Your style is so unique compared to many other people. Thank you for publishing when you have the opportunity,Guess I will just make this bookmarked.2

March 21, 2021 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. 카지노사이트

244333 522016Thanks for this wonderful post! It has long been very useful. I wish that youll carry on posting your wisdom with us. 512760

March 21, 2021 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Portia Joehnck

Terrific post however , I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject? I'd be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Thanks!

March 24, 2021 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Jake Medwell

536747 572623When I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a remark is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any manner you possibly can take away me from that service? Thanks! 816276

April 8, 2021 at 9:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Best cbd oil

741135 938786Woh I love your posts , bookmarked ! My wife and i take issue along along with your last point. 338575

April 23, 2021 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. World Market URL

409059 566938Woh Everyone loves you , bookmarked ! My partner and i take issue in your last point. 220752

April 27, 2021 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Corey Tippery

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

May 10, 2021 at 3:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Morris Trett

This was great! I would like you to clean up all this spam though

May 11, 2021 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply