Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

October 18th, 2013

Debra Messing on her iconic role: "I believe we will be be 'Will' and 'Grace' forever, until we die"

Following their heart-warming and entertaining interview on "Piers Morgan Live," (airs 9p), actors Eric McCormack and Debra Messing were gracious enough to join Jason Kurtz in the show's "Green Room" for an exclusive, behind-the-scenes chat.

Best-known for their iconic portrayals as the title characters in NBC's hit comedy "Will & Grace," the duo reflected on how quickly time has passed since the show captured America's attention, and subsequently, its hearts:

"It feels like five years," Messing tells Kurtz, the program's Digital Producer. "Really, it's insane that it's been 15 years."

McCormack breaks the program's existence into two subsets:

"The eight years we ran, felt like this much," he says, bringing his hands close together as to indicate something small. "And I can't believe it's been seven years since we stopped shooting."

Asked by Kurtz about the challenges of forever being associated with one character, and one show, Messing expressed only gratification and fulfillment:

"I believe that we will be be 'Will" and 'Grace' forever, until we die, and it's something I am really proud of."

McCormack, meanwhile, noted his appreciation for the viewing public's acceptance of his and his co-star's work outside the comedy genre:

"That said, I am amazed by the people who have embraced 'Smash,' the people who have embraced 'Perception,'" he says, listing his and Messing's more recent roles. "There are people that amaze themselves, that they can still love 'Will & Grace,' but they can get past that, and as actors, we have to, do our jobs."

Watch the above clip to hear Debra Messing admit to her Reese's Peanut Butter Cup addiction, then tune in this evening at 9 for the pair's full interview with Piers Morgan.

And, to get caught up on all your favorite episodes of "Will & Grace," watch WE TV on Tuesday evening's as the network welcomes the 16-time Emmy Award winning comedy to its line-up.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

Post by:
Filed under: Green Room
  1. froleprotrem

I simply wanted to develop a word in order to appreciate you for those marvelous hints you are showing here. My considerable internet research has finally been paid with reputable ideas to exchange with my family. I would suppose that many of us website visitors are definitely lucky to dwell in a really good place with so many marvellous people with useful tricks. I feel rather privileged to have encountered the web site and look forward to really more enjoyable times reading here. Thank you again for everything.

February 6, 2021 at 10:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. zortilo nrel

I'll right away seize your rss as I can't in finding your email subscription link or newsletter service. Do you've any? Please allow me realize in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

February 7, 2021 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Fókuszpályázat

I've been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I by no means found any fascinating article like yours. It is lovely worth sufficient for me. In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made excellent content material as you probably did, the web shall be much more useful than ever before.

February 9, 2021 at 5:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Virgilio Gaydosh

Greatest thing I have read in my entire career.Learn Spanish Online for Free

February 15, 2021 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. vreyrolinomit

I like this website so much, saved to bookmarks.

February 26, 2021 at 7:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Steffanie Gurney

March 4, 2021 at 10:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. what is dumps dumps

927227 991936BTW, and I hope we do not drag this too long, but care to remind us just what kind of weapons were being used on Kurds by Saddams army? Towards the tune of hundreds of thousands of dead Talk about re-written history 384172

March 5, 2021 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. zortilonrel

Thank you, I have recently been looking for information about this subject for a while and yours is the greatest I have came upon so far. However, what about the bottom line? Are you positive in regards to the supply?

March 21, 2021 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Yvonne Knoflicek

What i do not realize is in fact how you're no longer actually a lot more well-appreciated than you might be right now. You are so intelligent. You understand therefore considerably relating to this matter, made me for my part imagine it from numerous varied angles. Its like men and women don't seem to be interested except it¦s something to do with Girl gaga! Your individual stuffs excellent. At all times take care of it up!

March 24, 2021 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. kardinal stick

576863 405812I discovered your weblog site on google and check some of your early posts. Continue to keep up the quite good operate. I just additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to reading more from you later on! 50117

March 26, 2021 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. replica hubolt

79020 638400Its truly an excellent and beneficial piece of information. Im pleased that you just shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing. 354062

April 7, 2021 at 10:18 am | Report abuse | Reply