Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

January 24th, 2014

Jordan Belfort says "The Wolf of Wall Street" should be viewed as a "cautionary tale"

For years Jordan Belfort employed dishonest business practices to prey on American investors. But tonight, the real “Wolf of Wall Street” is nothing if not transparent.

Joining "Piers Morgan Live" for the first interview since the release of the Oscar-nominated film which depicts his decadent rise to excessive wealth, Belfort notes that the movie, and his autobiography upon which it's based, should be viewed as manuals of what to avoid, not mimic.

Piers Morgan asks Belfort if there's a concern that “The Wolf of Wall Street,” which features superstar Leonardo DiCaprio in the titular role, might serve to glamorize the former stock broker's villainous behavior, Belfort offers a few key contrasts that separate the current Oscar-nominated file, and it's similarly-themed predecessors, including the 1987 classic “Wall Street” starring Michael Douglas.

“There’s a fundamental difference between the Gordon Gekko character and myself. Number one, Gordon Gekko was a fictionalized character and [the audience] never really saw his downfall," he notes, as part of an exclusive interview. "In this movie it's pretty clear that I lost everything.”

Belfort continues, telling Morgan that rather than glorifying or encouraging over-indulgence, he believes “The Wolf of Wall Street” could offer a constructive critique of greed:

“For me it’s important that the movie is viewed the right way, certainly as a cautionary tale.”

Tune in to "Piers Morgan Live" tonight at 9 for the full interview.
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Twitter
» Follow "Piers Morgan Live" on Instagram

1. max

I'm sure you will do an attack on all gun owners tonight. over the Maryland shopping mall. I want you to think of what has been talked about on the news the last two weeks. was it anything about mental illness? was it how family can help mental ill members in there family? was it anything to do with mental illness? how can this be? Back in the 70's on ever talk show was gays and how they were in the wrong body's how hard life was I mean ever day. And guess what happen they got rights. So may be just maybe you and others should do more shows on mental illness and how family can help them. study's that are being done, the drugs that is being used. child abuse is where it all starts family's that are so out of control due to the movie's the tv show's the lack of morals we seem to okay. the games that kill other human should be band. we seem to let people that make movies and get rich off killing ill morals get away with it and even looked up too. they can come on and after getting rich say now I'm not going to make them any more. I'm going to attack the people that like Guns! so if little tommy hits ever one with a bat all we have to do is take away the bat right? or maybe we need to learn how to stop tommy from wanting to hit any one with any thing right? they are not kids they are sick.

January 25, 2014 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. embezzled

We became victim of a fraud and lost everything, it was extreme case.... what's interesting though.. when you suffer such a complete financial disaster what's worse is that you don't get much sympathy from people around, people tend to size you up instead... to reinforce the idea of a "cautionary tale" it would be great to follow up with a movie from a victim's stand point... how helpless it feels and how in reality FBI and other agency are not willing or capable to do anything, financial crime is the easiest to get away, read my story in my blog http://adamjnettlefold.com/2013/09/08/brief-story-how-adam-nettlefold-scammed-my-family/

February 5, 2014 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Keneth Vasser

Your blog never ceases to amaze me, it is very well written and organized.”,’*`

December 20, 2020 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. frolep rotrem

My wife and i were really excited Louis could round up his inquiry while using the precious recommendations he made in your weblog. It is now and again perplexing to just always be giving for free solutions which people today may have been selling. And we also already know we have the blog owner to be grateful to for that. The main illustrations you have made, the simple blog menu, the friendships you aid to promote – it's many extraordinary, and it's really facilitating our son and us know that that subject is excellent, which is seriously mandatory. Thanks for all the pieces!

February 6, 2021 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. zortilonrel

What i don't realize is in fact how you're no longer really much more smartly-liked than you may be right now. You are very intelligent. You realize therefore considerably when it comes to this matter, produced me in my opinion consider it from numerous varied angles. Its like men and women are not interested until it is one thing to do with Lady gaga! Your individual stuffs great. Always deal with it up!

February 7, 2021 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. https://europa-road.eu/hu/nemzetkozi-fuvarozas-szekesfehervar.php

I haven’t checked in here for some time because I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are good quality so I guess I will add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂

February 9, 2021 at 4:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. House Clearance Cardiff

Hi there, just was alert to your weblog thru Google, and found that it's truly informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I will appreciate for those who proceed this in future. A lot of other folks might be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

February 9, 2021 at 7:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Devops Companies

606301 883900What a lovely weblog. I will undoubtedly be back. Please keep writing! 22907

February 13, 2021 at 10:33 am | Report abuse | Reply